IFish Fishing Forum banner

Something to think about.....

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Rip-a-Lip 
#1 ·
If sunrise is at 5:30 in the morning, could you start an hour and 8.5 minutes earlier without getting into trouble? It does take light about 8.5 minutes to reach earth from the sun.....What do you think? Its not a real question of substance I know, just a little something to get the mind working a bit.

[ 10-09-2002, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Just_learning ]

#5 ·
Just_learning - it is already legal to angle one hour before and one hour after sunrise/sunset. It's dang dark at that time. Generally, if it's light enough to see the water and know where to cast, it's legal. :grin:

Of course that's Salmong/Steelhead etc. Warm water fish are legal 24 hrs a day. :grin:

#6 ·
I've seen qiute a few tickets handed out on the South Santiam for fishing even 5min before or after legal fishing hours. I even had 2 troopers roust me 30min before sunrise and try to give me a ticket, apparently they knew less about the law than our party did. Just remeber, as far as fishing time is concerned, it's their watch in court versus your watch. Be careful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.