IFish Fishing Forum banner

naselle info

14K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Reel_Nut 
#1 ·
im thinking about hitting the naselle here in the next few days. im looking for any info about that river, such as is it currently blown out with this rain, how long does it take to get back in shape? any recent reports would be nice my plan is to bobber and egg and bobber and jig, targeting steelhead and late run coho if any are still in. i was also told you can keep natives in that river is that accurate?

#4 ·
Naselle fishes well up to 600 cfs and is currently 2000 it drops quickly but probably be after the weekend before it fishes. As I understand it they plant it with Satsop strain coho which CAN run late even well into December, though i have never experienced this first hand. There are two other rivers on the way there that both get good hatchery steelhead returns. If nothing else it's worth the drive to explore the area for future trips..

#5 ·
yea i have heard it gets coho into dec. is there a website or phone number to call to check river levels. i checked it out 2 weeks ago on my to clam dig saw a couple chrome coho on the bank. i also hit the elocheman and the kalama that day thats why i didnt have time to fish the naselle

#12 ·
A buddy has a nice little cabin near Long Beach. I have wondered about hauling our drift boat over to the Naselle
to fish for winter steelhead. Can anybody tell us where to dump the boat in (rugged is fine) and where to take out (an actual ramp would be nice)????

Also, we have heard that there is a lot of woody debris and downed trees after storms that make it seem like there might be challenges to running the river. Any help/experience??

Chumdoggy

#13 ·
Small channelized river with LOTS of woody debris might do a bit of walking around obstacles and have the possibility of a tree crossing the entire river. could take out at the HWY 4 bridge but it's certainly not a boat ramp... no clue where you might launch upstream

#14 ·
Theres a launch in naselle.On the town side of the bridge there is a rd that heads east (upstream).About a 1/4 mile up take a left and you will see the launch. There isnt much good steelhead water between there and the hiway down by the mouth.Maybe a little at low tide.At high there is a lot of slack water.

#16 ·
dont be one of those guys chum..its a small river and does NOT need driftboats on it...for more reasons than the obvious. several prominent fishing author/editors fish here and will tell you about the joys of even getting tooners through(notice some of their gear)..below the highway bridge isnt much different. pull up yer panties and walk!

#17 · (Edited)
The Naselle is floatable, but it's 100% posted private property, and unless you know someone, there is no launch above Highway 4. The only float where you're not trespassing to launch is from Hiway 4 down to the tidewater ramp, about a mile an a half total with less than 1/2 mile of river at high tide, and with a lot of bank pressure in that stretch when the fish are in. Also, the where one slot you used to be able to (and i'm speaking expert rower only here) take a drift boat over the concrete/rock hatchery wier is blocked by a log this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.