IFish Fishing Forum banner

Best GPS Maps for the Columbia River

16K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  DutchAV 
#1 ·
Lowrance just replaced my fried depth finder with a combination FF/GPS (HDS-5). For fishing the Columbia River (Astoria to Boardman), which of the GPS map chips to folks believe have the best detail for this area?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mr Fish

#4 · (Edited)
I have the HDS-7 with Insight USA. It shows the Columbia and Willamette in great detail, including bottom contours, all the marinas, ramps, buoys... pretty-much everything you'd ever need to see. However, I don't think it shows much detail on Oregon lakes.

...Oh yeah, I almost forgot: It show's great detail at Astoria.

#5 ·
I bought the Navionics Hotmaps West region(about $100-150)...covers a lot of lakes and also covers in great details the Columbia and Willamette. The same as the Marine maps. I haven't been out in any of the bays but was told it would cover there as well. Mine was plug and play on a Humminbird.

#8 ·
I have the HDS with the Nautic Insight built in maps as well. Good saltwater coverage, but the Navionics are still better for the Columbia/Willamette.

#10 · (Edited)
I have a navionics chip in my lowrance LMS 240. It is labeled Columbia River , date March2003, code US728S S. It has saved my life at Buoy 10 and other heavy fog areas too many times to mention. It came with my Duckworth 7 years ago. While hardbooting my unit with the chip in the machine, I have erroneously erased all files ( checked @ Lowrance booth while at Sportsman show) I do not have a program or backup!! Navionics does not have a replacement as my machine is outdated. Can anyone make me a chip or give me the missing files or????? email at conseng@msn.com. Bill at Fishing the Northwest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.