IFish Fishing Forum banner

Candlefish jig mold?

9K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  LipRipr 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to find candlefish jig molds? Tired of paying for something I could pour myself. Been scouring the E net looking for someone that makes one, but haven't found anyone.

thanks
kris

#2 ·
Not sure what a candlefish jig looks like, but Do-It and Hilt used to have a do it yourself, make your own mold kit available. Not sure if they still do or not. You can check them on-line. If that's not available anymore, you can make your own out of bondo. It's simple and cheep and it works. You can send me a PM if you need more info.

#3 ·
never seen a candlefish mold, but hilts makes a mold that comes with a silicone rubber insert...didn't investigate but looks like it can be used to form fit from any original lure and then begin pouring?

look up Hilts "Perfect replica mold" might be an option for ya.

#6 ·
#8 ·
Shawn Collins customs makes a mold for a "cigar minnow" which is very similar to the point wilson dart if that is what you're trying for. Couple of cautions here....for one thing I just tried his site (www.shawncollinscustoms.com) and it isn't working right now..don't know what's going on with that. The second thing is that he is a very frustrating guy to deal with...doesn't answer his phone, erratic on emails, when you finally get an order placed...it's months until you finally receive it. If you can get beyond all that, he makes excellent molds...all CNC, but you'll pay a price..the cigar minnow mold in 2,3,4, 5 and 6 oz cavities cost me $180 plus $11 shipping.

Attachments

#9 ·
Anyone know where to find candlefish jig molds? Tired of paying for something I could pour myself. Been scouring the E net looking for someone that makes one, but haven't found anyone.

thanks
kris
Just Done Some Up ..........
@ $8.99 Ea. Forget'bout-D'It!!!
Now Off To Wifie's Oven for color!!!SHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

They Work VERY WELL!!!!!!

Long Story/Short Lynn (wife)Caught Her biggest hali on One!!! (That Wuz A freak Fest!!!)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.