IFish Fishing Forum banner

Sandy summer steely

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  SpinnerDog 
#1 ·
After nearly two years of perusing Ifish... I'm finally making my first post.

Went up on the Sandy with ChuckDog yesterday on the outside chance of scaring something up, and bingo! Caught this summer steely near Dodge park on a #3 brass/brass spinner. Was pitching into this tailout loaded with spawned out silvers, hoping that one of them had some life left in it and might be interested in a little thrill ride... then up jumps Mr. Steely. Of course I would have released any silver wanting to take a spin (and none were anywhere near decent anyway). Didn't weigh the thing but it measured out to 31". Cut nice and red too!

And, btw, I've noticed a few Beaver/Duck clashes here on Ifish in the past... and for the record, I'm a Beaver. Can you tell?

:cheers:

See less See more
#8 ·
Here's a nice one for you RiverBeaver (i mean dog).....

oh theres no picture - just the Avater

welcome aboard....

#10 ·
Congrats!! Soon that area should have some fresh winter fish as well. Can't wait.

And SandySteel, what was the score of the Civil War anyway, I can't remember? I know, for you duck fans it's already basketball season and football really didn't happen. :wink: :tongue:

#14 ·
Had to toss in another duck post - This is a semi-bright steelie from the Washougal on 10/23 (note the hat and the fish, not the face (damn fish splashed so much water bringing it in that I almost dropped on the rocks :smile: ). Nice fish RiverDog...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.