IFish Fishing Forum banner

Oxbow park closed?

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  SandySteel 
#1 Ā·
Hi, read that oxbow park on the sandy is closed. Anybody confirm this?

thanks,

chris

#9 Ā·
Sandy fishers,

I drove by Dabney Park today to see the condition of the boat launch. There appears to be about 8-12 inches of sand in the launch turn around-area. However, there was a Metro Parks truck there and he had a Bobcat plow/scoop rig on the trailor. Looks like he was going to spend some time clearing sand from the ramp........:meme:

Good job Metro Parks !

NRS

NorthRiver Pirates"

#10 Ā·
The park is OPEN. I'd never been there and was in the area this afternoon so went down to check things out. Only thing was I knew I wasnt going to be able to be there for very long so was turned around by the guy at the check point:whistle: cause I wasnt going pay $4 to go look at the river. Even after I told the guy all I wanted to do was drive throu the place (as I've never been there before) and look at the river he wouldnt let me in:passout: Definatly will stick to my west-side locations
Rainrshine

#19 Ā·
are there many fish in the system? I think I remember reading last year that the fish were going to be all brood stock fish and not come back to river until end of jan. thru march? I am going wednesday and was wondering what my chances are going to be since I am coming from central oregon. Thanks and pm if you want. Mike

#20 Ā· (Edited)
The river is in decent shape right now but we are looking at higher temperatures in the coming week. It may go out by then. Not a huge number of fish right now but there are some. In a drift from Oxbow to Dabney I saw two fish caught by Dave Maroon. But it wasn't lights out fishing. I was definitely off of my game today as the high water really messed with what I perceived as being a good run to fish and being able to fish it how I wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.