IFish Fishing Forum banner

Can I fry a 25lb Turkey?

30K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TundraIII 
#1 ·
I saw the other posts about deep frying turkeys, but the ideal weights were smaller. Is there a way to have such a big bird in the fryer and have it turn out good. Any advice will help.

#3 ·
Absolutely! You just have to have a fryer big enough to hold the bird and still have it submerged in oil.

Cooking time is dictated by the weight of the bird. The bigger the bird, the longer it'll take.

My mouth is watering just thinking about a 25 lb. bird in a fryer.

M-Y

#5 ·
I did a 22 lb bird last Thanksgiving,loooong story short, I'll never try that again. At least not with a 30 qt pot. I would, however, fry two 15 lb'ers at the same time in two different pots. I think it would be pretty impressive to walk in with two golden brown birds on two platters (my one hour late, not done big bird wasn't). I don't think the in-laws are going to ask me to be in charge of the turkey this year :shocked: so you can borrow mine if you want to go the two turkey route. Shoot me a pm if so. Good Luck...Clacker

#7 ·
I was at the Grand Opening of the Outdoor Emporium in Seattle last Summer. They were doing about 15lb Birds and they were great. I dont know about size restrictions but We all know how to push the Envelope. 1st make sure and have a Video Camera :help:ready you may end up on some TV SHOW. :applause: :applause: :applause:2nd make sure there aren't any charged water hoses around. 3rd have at least Tow ABC Grade Fire Extinguishers at Hand. Now all you need is the Firesuit! :jester: :jester:BE Safe is the only thing I really mean to say. :cheers: :cheers:

#9 ·
Got a call last night from Hobart Mann and that was good timing. He suggested using the turkey dutch oven, it's real easy. So I will give it a try and report back after thanksgiving. Thanks for all the help. BTW- Hobart said the turkey gets to done on the outside and not enough inside when it is so big. The cost of oil gets pretty high too. I would rather be on TV for something else than burning down the house.LOL- not much I can do with a fire extinguisher and video camera without a house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.