IFish Fishing Forum banner

Know of any good scrap/junk dealers?

843 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jeepmor 
#1 ·
Hey fellow iFishers. I wanted to check with the experts here to see if any of you know of any reputable scrap/junk dealers. I have a late 60's 12ft. trailer that I'm just looking to have picked up and hauled off, as it doesn't really have any value at this stage of it's career, just figured one of those guys could haul it off for scarp. Let me know, thanks everyone and stay cool out there.

#2 ·
Hey fellow iFishers. I wanted to check with the experts here to see if any of you know of any reputable scrap/junk dealers. I have a late 60's 12ft. trailer that I'm just looking to have picked up and hauled off, as it doesn't really have any value at this stage of it's career, just figured one of those guys could haul it off for scarp. Let me know, thanks everyone and stay cool out there.
Yeah, there's several Harley dealers in the area.

#4 ·
If it's a "canned ham" style it might have some market value. If it's not and it's well, "decrepit", you have more of a liability on your hand. Whoever you "dispose" of it to, make sure you get some kind of receipt/paperwork because if they take a few parts off of it and "leave it on the roadside, dead", guess who's gonna get the call?

There are people who haul scrap off list on CL, I would try those.

Good luck,
BB

#6 ·
or you could post on craigslist's free area. Just make sure to get a bill of sale (even though its free) just to cover your rear if something happens (as said above). :twocents:

I put a crappy trailer in the free section a few years ago, I had responses within a few minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.