IFish Fishing Forum banner

Painting Spinner Blade Help

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Halle the Hound 
#1 Ā·
I dusted off my old air brush kit last night that i used to use to paint models and decided to try and paint a few old brass blades i had laying around. It worked out pretty well except for the paint was not nearly as durable on the blade as i would have hoped for. Im wondering how you guys who paint blades get a durable finish on your paint. I have heard about sanding the blade before I paint it and also putting some kind of clear coat over it when im done, what product do people use for this? Thanks for the help in advance!

#2 Ā·
I have two young daughters and they love going to 'Claires' it is a teeneybopper store found in shopping malls. Neon fingernail polish is popular there, and that may offer some durability. It may not, but I have used it on plugs with good results.

#8 Ā·
If you don't mind your paint job waring out about the time your lure is catching fish, us the hobby shop paint. If you want it to last go talk to R&B Tackle or some one else that is known for great blade painting.

Fishalot

#9 Ā·
Go to an autobody paint store and get a spraycan of self-etching primer. The stuff is not cheap, but sprays thin and will give your paint the foundation it needs to keep from chipping off the blade. It comes in black, green or light gray. Try it, I think you will be happy with the results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.