IFish Fishing Forum banner

Colt Model 1908 - Magazine repair needed

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zabadozer 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys –

I inherited my Great Grandma’s old Colt Model 1908 “Vest Pocket” (25 ACP). She lived to 93 and this was her home protection. It’s a tiny thing (see pic with 50 cent piece for reference).

The gun is tight, the bore is bright and I’m anxious to take it to the range. However, I can’t get it to feed a cartridge because it has a hairline split down the back of the magazine (see pic). When loaded, the spring pressure wants to open the crack open preventing the cartridge from feeding.

I’ve been looking for an original magazine replacement, but they are in short supply and expensive. There are some repros out there, but they aren’t cheap either.

Seems like a quick weld would fix? Looking for recommendations of a gunsmith, precision welder, or suggested repair methods. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Try contacting Tornado Technologies or Bartlett Machining. I'm not certain if either shop does any welding as they are machine shops, but they will know a good shop to get that work done. BTW, they are both firearms shops, so they will also clearly understand the scope of your request.

At Bartlett, ask for John Little. Good folks at that shop. I have limited, but still positive, experience with Tornado Technologies.

#4 ·
Try contacting Tornado Technologies or Bartlett Machining. I'm not certain if either shop does any welding as they are machine shops, but they will know a good shop to get that work done. BTW, they are both firearms shops, so they will also clearly understand the scope of your request.

At Bartlett, ask for John Little. Good folks at that shop. I have limited, but still positive, experience with Tornado Technologies.
Thanks for the recommendation. I appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.