IFish Fishing Forum banner

Cooper Discoverer AT3 review

9K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  baltz526 
#1 ·
I'm putting a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3's on my wifes Z71 Suburban this weekend. I've always ran the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S on it because that was the stock tire from the factory and it has been a good tire for the way we (she) drives. This is my wifes daily driver, never goes off road other than the occasional gravel road. Just looking for something that lasts little longer and is good on the wet roads and occasional snow/ice. My neighbor just put some on his Z71 and I talked to him last night. I've heard some good things about the Cooper Discoverer AT3 and was just wondering if any of you have them and what you think.............

#2 ·
Coppers are a great tire! I haven't had the AT3's but I put the CS4 Tourig's on our Camry this past December and I run the Discoverer S/T's on my pickup. Got 65k on my last set on the truck. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

-jokester

#3 ·
Coppers are a great tire! I haven't had the AT3's but I put the CS4 Tourig's on our Camry this past December and I run the Discoverer S/T's on my pickup. Got 65k on my last set on the truck. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

-jokester
Ya, my tire guy says they'll wear better than the Goodyear and last a little longer. They are rated at 55k where the Goodyear are rated at 50k. I was a little skeptical due to the tread design vs. the Goodyear that they would have some road noise because of the wider track. From what I've heard and read they are very quiet because of the siping they have and they have very good grip.

#5 ·
I had a pair on my old truck, switch from the wild country xtx. The coopers were far better in every way. quieter, had better wet and dry traction. pretty good in the snow. i didnt get a lot of rocks stuck in the like i did before.

i am do for new tires now and when i go get new ones i will be getting the coopers again

#6 ·
I have a set on my pickup. I think they've been on for over 2 years now. The wear has been great and the traction in snow and ice is good.

I had a pair on my work rig that I put many, many miles on in every possible condition and was impressed. This was my reason for buying them for my personal vehicle.

#10 ·
FWIW, I have a set of Michellin LTX's on my Suburban. They have 65K on them and are at 7-8/32nds. Should go another 25K AT LEAST. These are the smoothest, quietest, best wearing tires I've ever owned. They are 10 plys too and have never had a flat!

#11 ·
Just purchased a 2002 Ford Excursion with a 7.3 Powerstoke diesel. First owner had just put Cooper A/T3's on the vehicle. Have not had enough time to really speak to your question, but they are extremely quiet in my opinion, which surprised me after looking at the thread design.

In fact I had a new set of Toyo Open Country HD's on my other truck which I'm selling, and was seriously thinking about switching until I investigated quite a few reviews regarding the A/T3's. I have decided to keep the Coopers.

#13 ·
I went through this debate just two months ago, Ended up with the coopers due to poor lifecycle of the goodyears I've seen throughout the years. I chose the increase in price paying for the coopers watching it pay off at the boat ramp

My 19 ft fiberglass boat/trailer weighs 2K lbs or so.- Long steep boat ramp on Puget Sound during a extreme minus tide meant it was so slippery I could hardly stand up once the boat was in the water. The AWD explorer handled it with no problems as I watched others get out of there vehicles while watching there trucks roll back towards the water as they tried to stop. My explorer held without slipping one bit

Go with the coopers all the way, Better traction, tread life, warranty, Quieter and just better all around when it compares to others

#15 ·
I chose the increase in price paying for the coopers watching it pay off at the boat ramp.
Actually the Coopers and the Goodyears are the same price. That's kind of where I had my quandary as the Goodyears had been a good tire for us in the past. My tire guy says they are both very similar tires but the Coopers should last a little longer and have a little better traction in wet/snow/ice conditions.

Thanks again everyone for your comments, new Coopers going on tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.