IFish Fishing Forum banner

2013 OFFICIAL (non Buoy 10) Fall salmon run report thread

255K views 866 replies 243 participants last post by  Towguy 
#1 · (Edited)
It's 7/29 and fall salmon opens in 3 days! Anyone else excited to go dunk a Kwik or wobbler even if Buoy 10 hasn't blown up yet?

#3 ·
Re: 2013 OFFICIAL Fall salmon run report thread

Fair enough, but there will be plenty of people sitting out in deep water up in the mainstem looking for nooks, regardless of what's going on at Buoy 10 and that's what I want to hear about! I'm excited for the buoy fishery myself, but unfortunately I can't run out there after work... :wink:

#4 ·
Guys I'am new to this fishery up there. This will be my second year skinning salmon for fishermen in Astoria. With great ocean conditions this year compared to years past. What can I expect salmon sizes to be? Putting the final touches on some 40lb Chinooks right now before coming up! Your input would be deeply appreciated !! thanks paul

#7 ·
Guys I'am new to this fishery up there. This will be my second year skinning salmon for fishermen in Astoria. With great ocean conditions this year compared to years past. What can I expect salmon sizes to be? Putting the final touches on some 40lb Chinooks right now before coming up! Your input would be deeply appreciated !! thanks paul
I know someone that caught a 40 lbr saturday:excited:

#9 · (Edited)
I forgot to mention that a large sailboat (not sailing, using his motor) charged through the hoglines at 12-14 knots aiming to head up Caroll's Slough or the Cowlitz by the downstream end of Cottonwood Island. Part of the sand bar that blocks the confluence was above water with dozens of birds on it! Regardless, the sailor charged on at his fast clip.... When his keel rammed into the sand bar 2' under, the stern of his big, heavy boat heaved up a good four feet. A resounding cheer of appreciation for the rich entertainment erupted from the 25 fishing boats that witnessed it. A few boats tried to tow him off to no avail. Then a small Fibre tug came over and pulled him off. Lucky dude, he got stuck right after high tide and the way he was embedded, the next high tide would NOT have freed him. CW

#18 ·
Fished around Kalama this weekend. 2-3 Saturday and 2-2 Sunday. Good sized fish, with 2 over 20#.

It was fun watching everyone sitting on the hook waiting for steel while we were sitting on the hook by ourselves in the depths catching nookies. Looked like 2 or 3 boats had most of the action for the steelies.

This post has been deleted
#22 · (Edited)
Fished with a friend on Sunday out of Longview, he caught an incidental 11lb nook while targeting steelies.
Gettn my wobbler gear ready !! :meme:

#28 · (Edited)
Rumor has it that last year some guy put the hurt on the URB's trolling spinners! Takes all kinds I guess.
Everyone knows to catch these fish you need to "rot on the hook" with Alvins and Simons !!!!! :excited:
On our way to make another downstream troll>>>>>>>>August 2012 on the CR near Longview.

#31 ·
ROT ON THE HOOK!:hoboy:

Dude you need to go fishing with me...... It's more like relaxing and partying on the hook in my boat. Try some fine Scotch, champangne, whiskey, rib eye steaks, grilled salmon, and then throw in a couple of half naked hotties and you won't feel like your rotting.:dance:

But then again, you might just want to stay you your boat and catch more fish.:bowdown:

#30 · (Edited)
Nice job Megabyte! Weight?

Cute picture Silver Hilton, up on the engine no less.

I hit the deeper water at crack of 8:00 or so. Two takedowns on Mini-Extremes, one held on until it reached the boat...then it let go. Big current running in this dark of the moon phase. CW

#35 ·
Bonk.....The reason we only have dudes on the boat Friday is because we only have enough room for the ladies to sit on our laps and that makes you blush.:redface:

Dieseldoc.....We've got to go fishing again this year! I'm dying to see if you you've honed that fish bleeding technique yours yet?:jester:

#36 ·
You guys are killing me with all this early action while I'm on the east coast on tour! It seems that ladies like to sun on the hardtop of the M.V. Nadia, and they're not afraid to do it on the troll! (my wife refuses to take the wheel while trolling). As long as Grimm doesn't have my boat to much this fall, I'll be out there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.