wtb an Arima, C-dory or similar - www.ifish.net
The Classifieds section of ifish is for one time private sales. Multiple production of one item may not be continuously advertised.
These boards use excludes any legal business, unless those businesses are specifically Ifish vendors. www.ifish.net assumes no responsibility for items bought, sold or traded. Transactions are between private individuals and normal caution should be exercised.

Please notify a moderator when your item has sold!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Classifieds > Boats and Tackle For Sale

Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
The Cross
Chromer

Default wtb an Arima, C-dory or similar

Hi guys. Many of you have commented and advised me on some of my threads about buying a boat.
It has been most helpful.
I have considered a new sled build.
Some used sleds.

We have discussed a boat that should serve our needs and have decided to buy used Arima if we can find one. A smaller Sea Ranger would be great. A Sea Chaser would be my second choice. Maybe a C-dory or similar. Please pm me if you have one or know someone who does. We can discuss budget. Thanks.

Again. Thank you guys. Go Ducks!

Last edited by The Cross; 10-22-2011 at 07:04 PM.
The Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Catchn not fishn
Chromer

Default Re: wtb an Arima

This is the Arima Forum they can tell you everything you want to know about arima's and there is always someone there wanting to sell one, not because they are unhappy about only that they are upsizing. suggestion buy as big a one as you can handle / afford.
I will put the link on here but some times the moderators remove them if so then I sent you an IM wif link
http://arimaboatownersgroup.yuku.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cross View Post
Hi guys. Many of you have commented and advised me on some of my threads about buying a boat.
It has been most helpful.
I have considered a new sled build.
Some used sleds.

A family member has just bought a place in the Ocean Shores area and I hope to be able to spend time there in the coming years and be able to fish and crab the waters in the area. Also take on a few trips to BC as well maybe.

We have discussed a boat that should serve our needs in the area and have decided to buy used Arima if we can find one. A smaller Sea Ranger would be great. A Sea Chaser would be my second choice.

I am sure there will be a "here we go again" or two.
Sorry to those of you

Please pm me if you have one for sale or know where there is one for sale. Again. Thank you guys. Go Ducks!
Catchn not fishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
ET
Ifish Nate

Also, price always comes into play. A SeaRanger or SeaChaser can run from 4k to 30k. What are you willing to spend? Eight grand should buy you a decent boat with two strokes... four stokes will run you up to thirty.

The key to a great deal will always be patience for the right opportunity and then available cash and the knowledge to know when to pounce as great bargains never last long.
ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Danno
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchn not fishn View Post
I will put the link on here but some times the moderators remove them if so then I sent you an IM wif link
arimaboatownersgroup.yuku.com

Most of us left the old Yuku site and have moved over to www.arimaowners.com

There's about 10x the traffic at the new site.

ET makes a good point. Let us know what you want and about your budget. There's always a lot of 17's out there. 19's and 21's are more rare. Then there always seems to be a lot of 22's out there.

Arimas are great rebuild projects if your budget is tight.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
The Cross
Chromer

Default Re: wtb an Arima, C-dory or similar

Btt, Still looking guys.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
Desert Bear
Steelhead

What kind of size and money are you thinking?
Desert Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
The Cross
Chromer

Back up guys. Still looking. Thx

Please pm me!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
pharmseller
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post

ET makes a good point. Let us know what you want and about your budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bear View Post

What kind of size and money are you thinking?
Hey Cross,
I'm wondering why you don't share more info with us.
If I have a decent idea of what you are looking for and your budget I might be able to help.
No idea, can't help.

P

We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.
General George C. Marshall, 1942

If you rifle hunt with anything bigger than a 7mm-08 you're a sissy and should wear pink panties.

19' Arima SC
C-13 South Beach Marina

pharmseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
Threeweight
Chromer

There are a couple of real bargains being discussed over on arimaowners.com... that is where I'd be asking, if I were you.
Threeweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:28 AM   #10
Sndslgr
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmseller View Post
Hey Cross,
I'm wondering why you don't share more info with us.
If I have a decent idea of what you are looking for and your budget I might be able to help.
No idea, can't help.

P

Give him about 12 hours and his mind will change... building a sled, having one built, looking for one with no motor... looking for a motor, driftboat, bay boat, tuna boat....

Cross, you are becoming the 'cry wolf' of boat ownership
Sndslgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #11
The Cross
Chromer

Thanks guys for the questions. Yes I have been all over the map. I apologize if that frustrates you. But have settled on looking for an Arima or C-dory. My criteria is somewhat open.

My preferences would be a 90's hull. Solid, good, weight capacity approriate trailer. 5-8k
Would go abit more depending on motor.

would consider an older Mid eighties boat if the hull/interior of it was in very good shape.. Not a project boat. Most of these boats need work/money.

If the boat needs seats, canvas, new trailer, interior wood. paint/gelcoat repair, motor work it is not a 6k boat in my mind.

I do have a motor to put on a 17' to 19'er. So ideally a boat in very good condition needing power would be good.

Final thoughts.

Are there any garage kept, lightly used, original owner boats sitting around in great shape with a good 2stroke motor for a fair price. That would be ideal

Thanks

Last edited by The Cross; 11-18-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
FISHSTALKER03
Coho

Cross - Being realistic about what you are trying to find vs. the budget you are stating is something you will have to come to terms with.
I bought an older 19' Sea Ranger HT and I bought it within 30 minutes of its post on Craig's list. I was informed another fellow called for it right after I did. I had been checking daily all across the country for what I wanted and had a darn good idea what I was going to have to spend.
Oh yeah,.... I had to travel across four States to go pick it up and the only accessories it had was a cheapy fish finder and a new boat cover. The two stroke runs good but it is a two stroke. (I'm not complaining.)
My point is you will most likely have to pay more $ for what you want.
FISHSTALKER03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
Danno
Ifish Nate

You're not going to find an Arima for that price unless you're willing to wait and hit a deal like FishStalker noted.

80's to early 90's Arimas in decent shape with a 2-stroke are going to run you from $8K to $10K. With a 4-stroke, figure $10 to $12K. Anything cheaper and it's usually because it wasn't well taken care of.

Examples:

An 1986 17' Sea Chaser was listed on CL last night. older 4-strokes. Price $5K. No pictures, very little details other than the soft top wasn't in good shape. I sent an email pretty quickly. No response until this morning. Sold.

There's a decent 1987 17' SR Arima over at Stevens Marine in Tigard with a 1999 4-stroke Honda 90 with 1500 hours. Inner hull has been painted and the trailer is light (2200#) for the application (2800# needed). It also has a skip tower. That is a fair price for that Arima. The Honda is worth $4K, the skip tower is worth $1K and the trailer is worth $800. That's only $3,200 for the hull and electronics including radar.

Arimas have a great following in the PNW. People are retrofitting older hulls all of the time. How many 1980's Grady's do you see people bringing back to new condition? Post 1984 there isn't any wood in the stringers. There is wood under the liner to provide backing material for bolting in seats and other equipment. The transoms are glass fiber, resin and marine plywood laminates. Arima has never had a transom fail. They are also the most stable boat out there in their size range. There's a reason why the prices for these older hulls hold over time.

Come on over to arimaowners.com and you'll see why. We'd be glad to help you find one but keep in mind I know of at least two others over there that are looking for the same thing.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
bigfishaddiction
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
You're not going to find an Arima for that price unless you're willing to wait and hit a deal like FishStalker noted.

80's to early 90's Arimas in decent shape with a 2-stroke are going to run you from $8K to $10K. With a 4-stroke, figure $10 to $12K. Anything cheaper and it's usually because it wasn't well taken care of.

Examples:

An 1986 17' Sea Chaser was listed on CL last night. older 4-strokes. Price $5K. No pictures, very little details other than the soft top wasn't in good shape. I sent an email pretty quickly. No response until this morning. Sold.

There's a decent 1987 17' SR Arima over at Stevens Marine in Tigard with a 1999 4-stroke Honda 90 with 1500 hours. Inner hull has been painted and the trailer is light (2200#) for the application (2800# needed). It also has a skip tower. That is a fair price for that Arima. The Honda is worth $4K, the skip tower is worth $1K and the trailer is worth $800. That's only $3,200 for the hull and electronics including radar.

Arimas have a great following in the PNW. People are retrofitting older hulls all of the time. How many 1980's Grady's do you see people bringing back to new condition? Post 1984 there isn't any wood in the stringers. There is wood under the liner to provide backing material for bolting in seats and other equipment. The transoms are glass fiber, resin and marine plywood laminates. Arima has never had a transom fail. They are also the most stable boat out there in their size range. There's a reason why the prices for these older hulls hold over time.

Come on over to arimaowners.com and you'll see why. We'd be glad to help you find one but keep in mind I know of at least two others over there that are looking for the same thing.
bigfishaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
bigfishaddiction
Tuna!

I sent that guy an e-mail less then an hour after he posted it and he sent me a sold email back also. That was the best deal I have seen all year and I sell the new ones, so I see trades all the time, but his motors were worth more then that.

Last edited by bigfishaddiction; 11-18-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling
bigfishaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #16
The Cross
Chromer

Thanks Lgjetboat. Email sent.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
The Cross
Chromer

Still looking guys. Please pm if you have a lead. Thank you.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #18
Eric S
Ifish Nate

In the price range you are talking about, and the hull forms (Arima, C-dory, etc) you seem to want, a Clippercraft would be a good fit. They have a decidedly higher level of seaworthiness than smaller boats in the size class (huge flare, well defended bows, etc), and of an easily maintained form.

If your size range is 20' or so, I actually know where there's one in the 'Couv that needs some work, but my shop is open and I could make it into what you want, for around the dollars you are talking about.

E
Old 12-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #19
The Cross
Chromer

still looking guys. If you have one or know where one is, please pm me. Thanks guys.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #20
The Cross
Chromer

Nother try. Thanks guys.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
Eric S
Ifish Nate

Andrew has the 20' Clipper up for sale again...

E
Old 12-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #22
Pizzaman
Fry

Contact Sportcraft Marina Larry G or Mike Fisher
Pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote