IFish Fishing Forum banner

"OFFICIAL" Blacktail success/report/photo thread.

161K views 528 replies 202 participants last post by  pharmseller 
#1 ·
Please, no Mule Deer stuff.

Big or small, we want to see/hear about your success, frustrations, harvest and the one that got away, photos. Includes trail cam photos.

#99 ·
Killed a decent one on a solo mission yesterday. Saw a few other bucks before and was surprised to see this guy out at 10:30. From the distance I spotted him and shot, I knew he was a 3 pt, fairly tall, and a fairly mature deer. Was a little bigger than I thought when I got around to him. Actually grew on the ground!! Was a miserable pack but very rewarding. Managed to get a couple of ok pics with the timer on camera.

#103 ·
cool buck CW! is he a 3x4? that's a good one!

it's fixing to get good, hope this rain opens up the woods in my area. found 3 bedded does this morning, lots of skidding tracks, there is some action.

tonight I saw one doe, weather was getting nasty tonight, saw a nice fat necked heavy 3 point driving home, just standing in a short grass field on the opposite side of the road....hope fire season officially ends soon!

#109 · (Edited)
Went out to help spot for a buddy and we spotted 4 does and a decent fork, just couldn't get a shot. I thought I was seeing things as it appeared that he was chasing a doe but that was confirmed on the way home when we seen two small forks both chasing does, so it is beginning!!!!

To all the new hunters that have been asking for help, here is my help...... From now till the end of season hunt and watch the does and you will find a buck. Its as easy as that.

#110 ·
Just does and elk for me so far. I did have a pretty cool 3 minute staredown at 40 yrs with a cow and calf last night.

-jokester

#111 ·
Too stormy to hunt this evening after work? Should I be in the timber or on the cut edges? Almost got my first one monday. 274 yards but I couldn't put a fork on him. Small spike or tiny fork, my 10x binoculars couldn't zoom in enough!!!

#114 ·
seen 11 deer the last 2 days, no antlers though. almost got a BIG bear tonight, but it did it's bear magic and vanished before I could close the distance. if it wasn't so windy I could have killed him, but 340 yds was the closest I could get, and I wasn't going to try that in hard wind, so I had to run a half mile to get on his side........tomorrow could be good...nice weather, statistically my next deer sighting should be a buck, and there is a stud bear in there...

#120 ·
Its not a trophy to most but our daughter drew a saddle Mt youth doe/spike tag and shot her first buck. She was calm and collected making the shot and hiking up to him. When she reached him she lost it, lol she was giggling and shaking so happy for her first buck. A friend told her " when you loose that excitement its time to stop hunting" and I totally agree. Andrea and her first buck.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.