IFish Fishing Forum banner

Dumb camo sayings

20K views 52 replies 40 participants last post by  StickFish 
#1 ·
So it seems like every time I go hunting I end up in a store and some one has to say something about the camo like they have never seen anyone in camo before, I always get the "you going hunting" and I say nope why would you think I was going hunting?? I also love the look on peoples face when they say to you "ooo I almost didn't see you there", like they were the first one to make that up. Man it gets old but what can you do with non hunters :passout:, so those are the 2 I hear the most when I am wearing camo what sayings have you guy's heard the most???

#37 ·
I wear my camo stuff fishing because it's the only good rain gear I have. Here are some much worse uses for camo then fishing:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/AndyTheCornbread/*******-funeral.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/AndyTheCornbread/*******-wedding.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/AndyTheCornbread/*******-wedding2.jpg

#38 ·
Why is it such a big deal that people wear camo in boats? Are you going skiing everytime you wear your ski coat? Are you really heading out the door to cross train when you put those shoes on? Not everyone can afford a separate article of clothing for each special event, we just wear what we have to make sure our experience is comfortable and enjoyable.

#39 ·
Why is it such a big deal that people wear camo in boats? Are you going skiing everytime you wear your ski coat? Are you really heading out the door to cross train when you put those shoes on? Not everyone can afford a separate article of clothing for each special event, we just wear what we have to make sure our experience is comfortable and enjoyable.
Easy there LR...... we're laughing WITH you, not AT you...... :D

#45 ·
I have been reading this thread for a while and apparently it has affected me unconsiously. I put on a sport coat today to go to the boat show.

Felt totally out of place!:meme:

#46 ·
I was deer hunting this last season, and stopped at a store to fuel up. We all had full camo and orange vests on, (I know it's silly to wear camo with orange vests, but I don't want to buy orange pants and shirts, so I go with what I have) a guy in the store walked up and asked if we are fishing, I said no we're hunting. He looked at me and said oh thats why you have the orange vests on.

I wanted to say, didn't you get the new rules about fishermans safety orange.

BTW I do wear a camo jacket in my boat. Maybe this year I will buy a blue one to match my boat:cool:

Ray

#47 ·
I always get a kick out of those arriving for hunting season several days in advance here in E.Oregon and have their camo on while grocery shopping...and I'm not talking coats! If they were scouting, ok, but they're setting up camp! Then there are those who start wearing their camo in July for each visit to the archery shop.

The best was a couple years back when I walked into the local Safeway a few days before bow season. I was buying some items for camp myself when I came around the bread aisle and there were two guys in ghilie suits!

#53 ·
Had a logger come up to me when I'd finished running a ridge, "So how's the hunting?" I said, "Not too good, took a couple sound shots and all I hit were twigs and leaves!"

I can't understand why he left in such a hurry:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.