Yaquina or Alsea? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Siletz Drifter
Steelhead

Default Yaquina or Alsea?

Morning ifishers. Any reports for either river? I fished the Alsea last weekend and it was slow, so thinking of maybe checking out the Yaquina. I don't need location information as I know where I like to fish. I won't get in your way, I will only be adding one rod to the fishing pressure, and I have a tiny lil driftboat hehe. Feel free to pm me and I'll gladly share reports on a weekly basis with another person fishing these systems if that helps. Thank you and good luck this weekend!

Siletz Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
RB Drifter
Tuna!

Default Re: Yaquina or Alsea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siletz Drifter View Post
Morning ifishers. Any reports for either river? I fished the Alsea last weekend and it was slow, so thinking of maybe checking out the Yaquina. I don't need location information as I know where I like to fish. I won't get in your way, I will only be adding one rod to the fishing pressure, and I have a tiny lil driftboat hehe. Feel free to pm me and I'll gladly share reports on a weekly basis with another person fishing these systems if that helps. Thank you and good luck this weekend!
I'm curious for reports as well. I usually start in October and fish until mid December. I will keep you updated when I make it out in a couple weeks.
RB Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Grahamry
Steelhead

Fished the Yaquina twice in the past two weeks, from between the jetties down to the Oyster House. Nothing really going on that I could see, no love for us either. Water temps were really warm still.
Matthew 13:47
Grahamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
Aye-Man
Cutthroat

There has been chinook taken in the lower Yaquina bay. Normal stuff-herring behind a flasher. If you put in some time you should be able to get a fish.
Aye-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
ifishaton
Chromer

I had a salmon chase my lure from the jetty by the marina in yaquina bay. Was casting large four inch buzz bombs.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2
ifishaton is offline   Reply With Quote