Cody Herman - Outdoor GPS - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 07-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
BuckJump bebe
Steelhead

Default Cody Herman - Outdoor GPS

I am a fan of the show and have noticed that Cody has not be on for a while. I think Owen and Cody take turns hosting several weeks in a row, but he hasn't been on for a while and I also noticed that the picnic ads they are running says "come out and meet Owen" with no mention of Cody.

Does anyone know if he is still a host? Just wondering.

Thanks

BuckJump bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
hookem
Steelhead

Default Re: Cody Herman - Outdoor GPS

Yeah, I saw he's no longer in the opening of the show in the truck, just owen. No idea what happened to him. Owen is tight lipped about it on air.
It may have something to do with cody's guiding business.
hookem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Cool Breez
Steelhead

I noticed that too, I thought he might be suspended or in Alaska or something. He's knowledgeable and a nice guy. I've met him a couple of times and is always cool. I wish him well. It sure would be nice to know what happened to him?
Cool Breez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
Chris Nordling

I can't speak for Cody, because I don't know the scoop...but I imagine even guys on LIVE t.v. shows get vacation time from their jobs.

Chris

(503) 866-0971
http://www.CatchSomeFish.Net

Fisherman's Marine&Outdoor Pro Staff
ClackaCraft Drift boats Pro Staff

Twitter: @
CNordlingfishin
http://tinyurl.com/CNguidefanpage

Chris Nordling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
Pliceo
Steelhead

Not to change the subject just kinda curious. Is owin a guide aswell or something else or just do the show? I know he just bought the new boat and all just didn't know if he said he did anything else.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #6
ZaQ
Sturgeon

The Sidekick
Old 07-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
stlhdrgrn
Sturgeon

I have met & like cody also and hope he is still with the show. Unfortunately the fact that he has been edited out of the opening truck segment on the Sandy tells a different story. You don't here Owen refer to (Cody or myself) lately either.
Sorry to see him go.
I'm sure it will all come out at the picnic or before.
stlhdrgrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #8
Biteme
Ifish Nate

I have fished beside cody many times. I see lots of stickers on the side of his boat but a guide sticker wasn't one of them last time I saw it anyway. That could have changed.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
Speedtriple
Steelhead

Non-sponsor link removed
Speedtriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
BerettaMan
Tuna!

I heard there was some sponsor issues, could be just a rumor. To bad, I think Cody and Owen made a good show.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
FishReaper
Cutthroat

Really too bad if Cody is gone, his weeks were interesting. Cody was full of information, Owen likes to hear himself talk to much for my taste.
FishReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #12
Chris Nordling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biteme View Post
I have fished beside cody many times. I see lots of stickers on the side of his boat but a guide sticker wasn't one of them last time I saw it anyway. That could have changed.

Cody started guiding last Buoy 10 season.

Owin is NOT a guide, he's just a great outdoorsman that likes to pass on his knowledge and passion for the outdoors.

Chris

(503) 866-0971
http://www.CatchSomeFish.Net

Fisherman's Marine&Outdoor Pro Staff
ClackaCraft Drift boats Pro Staff

Twitter: @
CNordlingfishin
http://tinyurl.com/CNguidefanpage

Chris Nordling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
E-Fishin-C
Steelhead

I heard from someone at Fisherman’s that now that they are the title sponsor for Outdoor GPS they didn’t want Cody to co-host the show anymore. Apparently since he’s sponsored by Dick’s they feel it is a conflict of their interests.....
Old 07-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #14
red willie
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliceo View Post
Not to change the subject just kinda curious. Is owin a guide aswell or something else or just do the show? I know he just bought the new boat and all just didn't know if he said he did anything else.
Hello everyone. I'm sure we should have made everyone aware sooner. TV is a strange bizz. My friend Cody is still with Comcast sports net, he is working on other things for them for now. I'm hoping to have him back with the show at some point. I'm now in the 6th year of the show and its growing stronger then ever. Cody will be missed. But make sure you keep your eyes open to csn for some of the other stuff they put together with Cody.

Pliceo, I'm not a guide and never have been. I'm just lucky enough to fish and hunt here in Oregon over 200 days a year or more for the past 30 years and share the fun with my viewers. I can only hope it helps someone get out there and do it themselves.

Fish reeper, I'll work not talking to much, but it is a talk show? Please feel free to call in some time and share with the folks a home, that's what the show is all about. I hope to keep you as a valued viewer of the show.

Hope this answers some of the questions for everyone. I wish nothing but the best for Cody, and look forward to his return to a show he helped me build.

Owin Hays
Outdoor GPS T.V.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
DogZilla15
King Salmon

Thanks Owin.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #16
Nothing but Net
Steelhead

Thank you for the clarification. You do a good job on the show.
Nothing but Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
Bugle4em
Chromer

I watch the show each week. Love the show. Keep up the good work.
Bugle4em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #18
Reel Busy
Chromer

Owin,

How about you talking about this on this weekend shows. Not all your viewers are ifish members. Once Cody was removed from the opening video, we started talking about what must of happened. I think it would help if you cleared things up.

BTW the DVR is always set for Outdoor GPS.

Hello everyone. I'm sure we should have made everyone aware sooner. TV is a strange bizz. My friend Cody is still with Comcast sports net, he is working on other things for them for now. I'm hoping to have him back with the show at some point. I'm now in the 6th year of the show and its growing stronger then ever. Cody will be missed. But make sure you keep your eyes open to csn for some of the other stuff they put together with Cody.

Owin Hays
Outdoor GPS T.V.[/QUOTE]
Reel Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #19
cully
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by red willie View Post

Pliceo, I'm not a guide and never have been. I'm just lucky enough to fish and hunt here in Oregon over 200 days a year or more for the past 30 years and share the fun with my viewers. I can only hope it helps someone get out there and do it themselves.

Fish reeper, I'll work not talking to much, but it is a talk show? Please feel free to call in some time and share with the folks a home, that's what the show is all about. I hope to keep you as a valued viewer of the show.

Hope this answers some of the questions for everyone. I wish nothing but the best for Cody, and look forward to his return to a show he helped me build.

Owin Hays
Outdoor GPS T.V.
Owin,

Good on you and Cody.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #20
bigfishaddiction
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishReaper View Post
Really too bad if Cody is gone, his weeks were interesting. Cody was full of information, Owen likes to hear himself talk to much for my taste.
Momma always said, well you know what she said, but I fished with Owen a couple different times four or five years before his show first aired and met him a couple years before that even. For me personally, he always had good advice that helped me get into a few more fish. He has fun with the show and even has the capability to make fun of himself when he feels it appropriate. I have watched the show from the beginning, like it and will keep watching. Keep up the good work and you have a friend and fan for life here. Good luck to Cody in whatever the future has in store for him as well.
bigfishaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
100% Siwash
Tuna!

Does anybody ever remember when Cody was pranked by the caller who told him a Secret steelhead hole was to drive through Cascade locks and take a left turn at "Shove it up your azz lane?"

True hero- Love live TV!
100% Siwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #22
BuckJump bebe
Steelhead

I guess that's what this site is about..........toss out a question and it gets answered and more times than not, reasonably.

Owin, thanks for letting us all know what happened. I was thinking it was something to do with FMS, it all happened about the same time. Sorry to hear he's gone but definitely understand, you guys were good together. No doubt it will continue being one of my favorites.

Keep up the good work, and remember "you'll only get real time, interactive, live information here on outdoor GPS" . Just thought I would remind you to say that in case you forget.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #23
p-dub
Fry

REALLY disapointed to hear this Owin. You two made a great team with your abilty to make fun of yourself and not afraid to voice your opinion and him being a little more serious and PC. It will be tough to replace the dynamic you two had. I sure hope the sponsorship was worth it. Could be tough to find a worthy replacement, he or she will have big shoes to fill. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
p-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #24
Ezsqueezy
Fry

Bottom Line our good buddies over at Fisherman's Marine got Cody fired from Outdoor GPS......
Ezsqueezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #25
saltaddict
Steelhead

Before Cody was on the show, I only watched half of the shows. I enjoy him and Owen.

What did FMS have against Cody?
saltaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #26
E-Fishin-C
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezsqueezy View Post
Bottom Line our good buddies over at Fisherman's Marine got Cody fired from Outdoor GPS......
just doesn't seem like the honorable thing to do. They knew he was the host when they threw their hat into the sponsor ring....
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #27
red willie
Tuna!

Quote:
Hey hey hey.... Fishermans had nothing to do with Cody and the show. Let's make that VERY VERY clear. Cody has a personal relationship with them. Please don't read timing into this..

Owin
Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #28
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

I started watching this show when Bitsy and some guy were the "stars" but wasn't nearly as good. Now hubby watches it Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning while I'm fixing breakfast. He likes both Owen and Cody. I won't repeat what he says when you, Owen, let something he thinks is HIS secret out of the bag. He calls you names! I get a kick out of your "oops, I sure goofed that up" chuckle you have.

Great information from either you guys and the guys that call in...sometimes the callers are more entertaining then informative...that's all good!

Owen...can you switch up that music? ha
MsOutdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #29
Back trolling
Tuna!

5 years ago I moved up to Oregon from Northern California. My fishing experience consisted mainly of trout, bass, and salmon fishing on the Sacramento and Feather rivers. I knew nothing about where to go or how to fish. One day I just decided to record fishing shows on CSNNW in hope I could pick up some tips. I was also one of the first 10 viewers with a Outdoor GPS Hat for naming Owins dogs names or something like that.

The first show I ever saw was one where Owin was demonstrating how to properly fish wobblers. My first impression was this has got to be some joke, the host is as big as the room the show is filmed in. Then a caller called in with a live report and I really began to like the show because I could look up these places the callers reported from. Lets just say I chased a lot of reports in that first year with minimal success.

I really wasn't a big fan of Bitsy Kelly either mainly because her shows were more hunting orientated. When she left and Cody was hired the show really took a turn for the better. Owin and Cody were each very informative yet had different personalities and also appealed to different age groups.

I think it is real loss to everyone that is a fan of the show in one way or another. In a brief message with Cody he seems upset that he is no longer on the show. I have no doubt that Cody will be a very successful guide and continue to help as much as he can. I hope the show can continue moving forward and the big dogs at CSNNW realize how important this show is to a lot of people in the NW.

Thank you very much Owin, Cody, and everyone else Who is part of putting Outdoor GPS on the air. You guys really took years off the learning curve and made me a much more successful angler and sportsman.

Nathan
Back trolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #30
willy the kid
Chromer

Quote:
NICE 1st. POST.

Team Clackacraft.
willy the kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #31
Bankbound
Tuna!

Now can you hire that blonde from Rogue River??? Pretty please!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #32
Ezsqueezy
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy the kid View Post
NICE 1st. POST.
Wait until my 2nd, 3rd, 4th your going to love em
Ezsqueezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #33
BuckJump bebe
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsOutdrs View Post
Owen...can you switch up that music? ha
That music is my wife's que not to interrupt me for the next hour.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #34
CruzR
Cutthroat

Outdoor GPS has always been informational and extremely helpful. I have phoned in and met Cody in person. He has always been very helpful and patient with my million and one questions. He will be missed.

Owin you are providing valuable information to fisherman like me. Keep up the great work. Rookies like me are forever grateful.
CruzR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #35
(BigDave)
Fry

I was wondering if it had anything to do with his on air comment concerning beer?
(BigDave) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
Hooked up
Tuna!

He is still around, just working on something different with Comcast.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #37
voodoo
Coho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerettaMan View Post
I heard there was some sponsor issues, could be just a rumor. To bad, I think Cody and Owen made a good show.
Yes it was a sponsor issue Fishermens or Dick's
Old 08-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #38
voodoo
Coho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerettaMan View Post
It was a sponsor issues Fishermens or Dicks
Old 08-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #39
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
It was a sponsor issues Fishermens or Dicks
Owen addressed this last week on Outdoor GPS. Cody did not get fired. He's just doing some other things at present but Owen said he'll be back.
MsOutdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #40
xstreme357
Sturgeon

Cody has worked with Fishermans for years! He also run Lamiglas rods and we see a lot of okuma stuff on the show must be Lamiglas' fault too? I've fished with Cody, I've duck duck hunted with him, he's a legit dude. All in due time.

Owin, what willie did you get?! Did you take delivery?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #41
Lift Gate Gus
Steelhead

I don't know if I believe the rumor / conspiracy theory FMS got Cody fired. During the work week on my lunch break I go over to FMS in Tigard to waste time and spend $. I have seen and exchanged hellos with Cody at that location a handful of times.
Still we have not heard the exact reasoning why Cody is no longer with the show, but still with CSN.
I hope Cody gets his own outdoor show that would be SUUUHHWEEEEEEEEEET! Not to copy OGPS but a real fishing/ hunting show 100% DIY.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #42
wiser
Ifish Nate

Owen also addressed this at the Clackamette Park GPS Outdoor picnic last week. At the picnic, Owen said Cody had been presented a great opportunity that he couldn't pass up. By the way, the picnic was a great event with Otto's providing free dogs and a great raffle (I won an Okuma Coldwater line counter reel, my son won three plugs and my wife won an Okuma ball cap).
Owen seems like a standup guy and I don't see him jeopardizing his credibility by telling us a lie about what has happened with Cody. If somethng else was up I believe if Owen said anything about it he would just say in was a personnel decision.
Good luck Owen and Cody.

Last edited by wiser; 08-06-2013 at 01:37 PM.
wiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #43
Jimbow
Steelhead

CH is an excellent young man of character that needs no defense and warrants no suspicion. I have been around him in times of joy and times of duress and I've never seen him waiver outside the lines of truth.
Full speed ahead Cody!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
100% Siwash
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstreme357 View Post
Cody has worked with Fishermans for years! He also run Lamiglas rods and we see a lot of okuma stuff on the show must be Lamiglas' fault too? I've fished with Cody, I've duck duck hunted with him, he's a legit dude. All in due time.

Owin, what willie did you get?! Did you take delivery?

I have heard him say he bought the Non Wet riding one called River Wild!
100% Siwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #45
xstreme357
Sturgeon

^^cool dude! That's awesome!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #46
FishingTheWest
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstreme357 View Post
^^cool dude! That's awesome!
Cody is a neat dude, I hope he gets his own show. I like Owen too but i really enjoy Cody and his insight.