Salt for Elk - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 06-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
tanderson12
Cutthroat

Default Salt for Elk

I'm getting itchy for archery season, and have begun planning for elk season. Last year I found some good wallows, but I want to put cameras on them this year. After talking to some people I've been told to put salt out, but others say the wallow is all I need and salt will only hurt. So should I put salt out or not?

tanderson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
drake7590
Chromer

Default Re: Salt for Elk

Never hurts. Trace selenium salt and the red apple buck jam has been the best for me over the years. And being close to water . Might keep them using it through September. Just get it in there now!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Eagleclaw
King Salmon

I wouldn't put salt right next to the wallow but elk and deer will come to a salt lick.
Eagleclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
chipmayes
Steelhead

If your really want to see the animals fly in use large marshmallows worked hands down for us.
chipmayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
BowhunterJones
Coho

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmayes View Post
If your really want to see the animals fly in use large marshmallows worked hands down for us.
Is marshmellows or salt considered baiting, and is baiting legal in Oregon?
Might as well put a feeder out with corn.
BowhunterJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
slave4chrome
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhunterJones View Post
Is marshmellows or salt considered baiting, and is baiting legal in Oregon?
Might as well put a feeder out with corn.

have at it all is well in oregon. as long as there is no black furry creatures involved
slave4chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
chevy/willie
Steelhead

You can bait all you want...just can't hunt off it
chevy/willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
cascaderosey
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy/willie View Post
You can bait all you want...just can't hunt off it
Please know the laws if your going to post . There is nothing against the use of salt for deer or elk period end of story . To the op if you have a good spot salt will increase activity pre season . But I have found that the activity near stands slows down after season starts . If you have a good spot get your stand in and stay out until the opener . Keep all human scent away from it till your season starts .
cascaderosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
cascaderosey
Tuna!

I would stay clear of things not naturally in their diet . Like sugar or marshmallows . Talk to a bio . Things like wet cob and grain can actually kill elk or deer . It's counterproductive to feed in this manor . Things like a mineral salt are found naturally so I don't think that will harm the animals .
Old 06-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #10
Tanglewood
Steelhead

You can hunt hunt over bait if you are not hunting bears and if I remember right waterfowl.
Tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
thehide
Tuna!

I would not do a thing to it. If its a wallow, why mess it up? Take advantage if a great thing already naturally existing and hunt it right. Like someone else said, just hang a stand and stay away from it.
thehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
roseyhunter
Chromer

Or you could quite being a lazy hunter, and hunt them on the ground like real elk hunters do it!
Anytime I find a tree stand , over bait,I do my best to "use the John" all over the area. It's pathetic and should be illegal!
But that is just my 2 cents
roseyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
blackcaphunter
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyhunter View Post
Or you could quite being a lazy hunter, and hunt them on the ground like real elk hunters do it!
Anytime I find a tree stand , over bait,I do my best to "use the John" all over the area. It's pathetic and should be illegal!
It is not the way I choose to hunt either, but I have no problem with others doing it.

I really can't believe there are people like you out there, I mean how childish can you be?
blackcaphunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #14
Fishalot
Sturgeon

Quote:
So even though it is LEGAL, just because you don't agree with it you urinate around their tree stand?
Thank you for letting us all know what kind of guy you are.

Fishalot
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
chukarchaser
Tuna!

Quote:

Wow. That is some bad karma right there my friend.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #16
Lucky Ginger
Steelhead

Quote:
Peeing on someone's spot is pathetic. Salt works for pictures. Animals quit using it during the season. Another person with your mind set could say the same thing about using calls and on and on.
Lucky Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
roseyhunter
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chukarchaser View Post
Wow. That is some bad karma right there my friend.
I don't use"karma" ,so that doesn't worry me.

And when you see an area left with 20 tree Stands, all baited with salt, guys getting mad because your are in"their" area,(since they took the time to pack salt in there), I could care less- I have "zero" respect for ANY tree stand hunter. If you can't hunt elk with out using"bait" , you are not an elk hunter in my book, you are simply lazy.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #18
Rod to Bow
Steelhead

Quote:

And when you see an area left with 20 tree Stands, all baited with salt, guys getting mad because your are in"their" area,(since they took the time to pack salt in there), I could care less- I have "zero" respect for ANY tree stand hunter. If you can't hunt elk with out using"bait" , you are not an elk hunter in my book, you are simply lazy.
I think you have zero respect for any hunter.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #19
Dave32g
Steelhead

Quote:

Hey Rosie hunter.

You must be a top notch elk hunter...
Let's see some field photos of all these big bulls you killed!!!!
Dave32g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #20
Joe
Sturgeon

Quote:

Wow, you must really be something to be able to decide who is a REAL hunter and who isn't. Myself, I could care less how other fellow hunters choose to hunt but always with them the best. There are a few people in this world I have zero respect for but I can't imagine feeling that way about people who love to hunt.

Salt in the coast range is a waste of time. I've put a little out to see if I could get more pictures but it goes unnoticed.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #21
tanderson12
Cutthroat

Quote:

This is what is wrong with this site and people today. I ask a simple question, that has nothing to do with people's opinions on treestands, and it turns into this. I think I've put in my fair share of time chasing around elk, if I want to sit in a treestand once in awhile I'm going to. I don't believe you have to hunt a certain way to be a "real" hunter.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #22
whtelk
Tuna!

Quote:

sure hope the guy with the tree stand doesn't see you because it could turn out bad for you.
Oh please post your big bulls you have shot.... put up or shut up.
whtelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #23
Hunting_Oregon
Coho

Roseyhunter is probably another Coleman Houston. Buys his racks and claims he is the greatest hunter.
Hunting_Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #24
chukarchaser
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanderson12 View Post
This is what is wrong with this site and people today. I ask a simple question, that has nothing to do with people's opinions on treestands, and it turns into this. I think I've put in my fair share of time chasing around elk, if I want to sit in a treestand once in awhile I'm going to. I don't believe you have to hunt a certain way to be a "real" hunter.

Don't let one person's juvenile comment paint your entire picture of ifish. By the responses to his post, you should be able to see that most of the folks on this board are helpful and encouraging.... no matter how you choose to legally hunt.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #25
Fish for fun
Steelhead

Quote:
I want to thank you roseyhunter for being out there bird dogging and chasing all the elk to us guys/gals that are sitting on our stands I don't think i'm lazy I put in my hours pre season scouting and finding there paths putting out cams once again thank you for chasing the elk to me
Fish for fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #26
Fish for fun
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanderson12 View Post
I'm getting itchy for archery season, and have begun planning for elk season. Last year I found some good wallows, but I want to put cameras on them this year. After talking to some people I've been told to put salt out, but others say the wallow is all I need and salt will only hurt. So should I put salt out or not?
back to the subject I put out salt my buddy he brews his own beer and we put out the old barly and hops that has been cooked down and it all works we get great pictures I would post some if i new how i go to coastal and buy the 50 pound bags of trace mineral salt real cheap less than 10 dollars a bag good luck and post some pictures
RON
Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #27
Eagleclaw
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish for fun View Post
I want to thank you roseyhunter for being out there bird dogging and chasing all the elk to us guys/gals that are sitting on our stands I don't think i'm lazy I put in my hours pre season scouting and finding there paths putting out cams once again thank you for chasing the elk to me

Old 06-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #28
spoonmaster
Steelhead

Salt would be nice where you hunt but since there are blocks all over the place it is kind of futile. Not sure about elk, but urine can actually be attractive to deer as opposed to a deterrent. You ay find yourself putting salt out and setting up a real nice spot for someone else once season starts if you are doing it on public ground. I would think leaving the spot as is would be the best choice, especiually when its bloody hot during the opener.
spoonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #29
browalex
Tuna!

Wow, probably not the response he was wanting from people, lol.

I'm not sure if people think that having a salt lick means that on opening day you walk into the woods and shoot a bull behind the shoulder, grab your packs, and punch your tag???? Quite frankly, if I'm hunting around people I'd prefer they be in a stand... Less scent on the ground, fewer hunts are screwed up by two hunters working the same elk, etc... I do know one thing, IF I find someones salt and or tail camera and or tree stand, I never touch the darn things and I sure as heck don't go urinating anywhere near their area as I respect each person's preferred hunting method. We are all on the same team for crying out loud!

Sitting in a tree stand... Hmmm, lazy or smart?

To the original post:
We have plenty of salt licks, even thought the majority (99.9%) of our elk hunting is spot and stalk. I can tell you this; rarely, I mean RARELY, do we see elk near salt come September. We have tons of pics until the week before season and then it slows way down. If I had to guess it would be because a mature bull is smart and they associate something like a salt lick and camera site with human scent - DANGER
We usually get only one hard horned series of a bull and cows on each camera! An area with natural wallows will be much more of an attractant to a bull and cows than salt will ever be! Put yourself in their shoes.... A cool wet area on a hot day - I'm there! I'd leave it as is and place a camera off the beaten path to capture the fun.

Good luck, hope you whack something this year!

Alex Brown

Last edited by browalex; 06-10-2013 at 08:38 AM.
browalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #30
RDH
Steelhead

I sit in the stands the first week or so. After they start talking I don't sit in a stand unless they are coming in to a wallow. Don't wast your money on the added selenium just buy the TM salt.
RDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #31
tanderson12
Cutthroat

Thank you to everybody who offered tips! I'm headed out Thursday to set up the cameras. I don't think I'm going to use salt, I'll just let the water do the work. Hopefully it works and I kill something this year!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #32
cascaderosey
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave32g View Post
Hey Rosie hunter.

You must be a top notch elk hunter...
Let's see some field photos of all these big bulls you killed!!!!
+1 yea that
Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #33
cascaderosey
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browalex View Post
Wow, probably not the response he was wanting from people, lol.

I'm not sure if people think that having a salt lick means that on opening day you walk into the woods and shoot a bull behind the shoulder, grab your packs, and punch your tag???? Quite frankly, if I'm hunting around people I'd prefer they be in a stand... Less scent on the ground, fewer hunts are screwed up by two hunters working the same elk, etc... I do know one thing, IF I find someones salt and or tail camera and or tree stand, I never touch the darn things and I sure as heck don't go urinating anywhere near their area as I respect each person's preferred hunting method. We are all on the same team for crying out loud!

Sitting in a tree stand... Hmmm, lazy or smart?

To the original post:
We have plenty of salt licks, even thought the majority (99.9%) of our elk hunting is spot and stalk. I can tell you this; rarely, I mean RARELY, do we see elk near salt come September. We have tons of pics until the week before season and then it slows way down. If I had to guess it would be because a mature bull is smart and they associate something like a salt lick and camera site with human scent - DANGER
We usually get only one hard horned series of a bull and cows on each camera! An area with natural wallows will be much more of an attractant to a bull and cows than salt will ever be! Put yourself in their shoes.... A cool wet area on a hot day - I'm there! I'd leave it as is and place a camera off the beaten path to capture the fun.

Good luck, hope you whack something this year!

Alex Brown
Alex knows his stuff . This is solid advise here .
Old 06-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #34
haysrg669
Steelhead

Salt definitely helps on the East side. I had a camera up for several years before putting in salt at a water hole. The first year I did the spot became an elk haven. The only problem is about two weeks before the season, everything stops coming in. I have sit on the spot several times and only killed one elk in 7 years and that was on opening day. It does however give me an idea what elk are in the area and maybe someday when I draw a big bull tag I can bag one of these monsters
haysrg669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #35
Fish for fun
Steelhead

Quote:
rose hunter can you please tell me what a real elk hunter is I've been hunting for a little over 33 years and have only shot 22 elk all with a bow might have been more but I had to take a couple of years off from hunting some cows some bulls some from a blind some from spot and stock please help
thank you RON AKA FISH FOR FUN

Last edited by Fish for fun; 06-10-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #36
whtelk
Tuna!

Still waiting rosebud for your pictures... don't care about your dead head sheds.... in the field pictures please.... with you. That way I would recognize you some day. Peace.
whtelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
long_shot
Ifish Nate

I will be stand hunting for the first week or two. I will also agree that salt on the coast is a waste of time. I use baits to see what's in a area and for me apples are elk candy. Now anywhere east of the valley salt is all I use. I will bait a area starting at the beginning of July and stop about the middle of August, that will give me a good idea on my cams about what's in the area and if it is worth my time to hunt. The current area I hunt for elk typically has 5-6 branch bulls and 2-3 spikes with 20-25 head of cows, not a bad ratio IMO. For deer I look more for size then quantity and I look for high number of does, because when the rut starts that's where the bucks will be good luck and sorry about the attitude of some.
long_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #38
cascaderosey
Tuna!

The funny thing about this thread is that I have literally put truck loads of salt into the woods over the last twenty years and I have yet to take any bull off salt . It's easy to see how the anti hunters gain a foothold .

Last edited by cascaderosey; 06-10-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #39
roseyhunter
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtelk View Post
Still waiting rosebud for your pictures... don't care about your dead head sheds.... in the field pictures please.... with you. That way I would recognize you some day. Peace.
You nailed it,I just find them dead and claim I killed them. I came up with the idea after reading Colman Huston' s story a couple years back,seemed to work for him?

I don't care if you believe or even know what I kill. Obviously what you kill doesn't matter around here, half of the guys giving advice have never killed a mature bull, but they have 3000 comments, and own a full line of Sitka gear, so obviously they are a great hunter. Lol
I like the guys who get in contests to see how many hours they can log in their stand each year......

Sorry,imho there is no skill involved in baiting a spot then sitting there all season, none- but it's just an opinion, we're all entitled to one. Sorry if you don't like it
Old 06-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #40
chrome_slayer
Steelhead

If you use anything other than a stick to kill an elk, you're not a hunter......

-The GREAT roseyhunter..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zedbow01.jpg (24.4 KB, 572 views)
chrome_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #41
Roosevelt7x7
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascaderosey View Post
The funny thing about this thread is that I have literally put truck loads of salt into the woods over the last twenty years and I have yet to take any bull off salt . It's easy to see how the anti hunters gain a foothold .
Not sure what you mean by this cascade. We've put trace mineral salt out in a few spots over the years. The elk and the deer loved it. Have pictures of a stump that they ate a foot in to the ground. I had a tree stand over one of these sites along with my game cam. If I would of sat in my tree stand every day of the season that I hunted, I would have shot a bull every year that we hunted up there. I just couldn't bring my self to sit in a tree stand for that long. One day of sitting and I was done. Tree stands can be very productive. My stand was directly behind the camera. 20 yds to the elk.

And to tanderson, I wouldn't put any salt next to that wallow. It'll produce with out it, but I think you got it figured out. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #42
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Quote:
Wow...... You start out in this thread by offering some decent advice, and then this. Even as an archery hunter, I've never used a tree stand for elk, but I may choose to some day. If I ever do, I sure hope we meet under the circumstances you describe above.

RO

I fish because that's what the voices in my head tell me to do.
Reel Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #43
old_heli_logger
Chromer

I'm disabled, so I'll hunt however the he!! I want to hunt...thank you very much.

To the OP: try the BioRock from Bi-Mart

Good luck this season everyone!
old_heli_logger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
Bigcat_hunter
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_heli_logger View Post
I'm disabled, so I'll hunt however the he!! I want to hunt...thank you very much.

To the OP: try the BioRock from Bi-Mart

Good luck this season everyone!
Just don't use the Swamp Donkey Block! The bears will gobble it down before you see any elk or deer.
Bigcat_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #45
TrailBlazer
Ifish Nate

Like others have said....great for getting pics early in the year. Seems the need for salt slows as Aug rolls around. But you will get some awesome pics...

Area will become a major trail zone....this adds to the chance of others noticing or following to your area.

I normally just go with the 4lb white block...easy to handle. I have been using the red mineral block with no difference tho lately. I personally dont care for the "blocks" or flavored salt....and neither did the animals.

I also have started putting cams up with no attraction and just utilizing natural pathway or routes....and would do the same with a nice wallow.

Good luck and I hope you post some of your pics!!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #46
The Pine Guy

I feel salt aids in the antler growth stage of bulls and lactating cows with newborns....both goods reasons I believe to have it available even if you have no plans to hunt off it. Once the growth stage is over it seems bulls lay off salt for the most part. Same with cows once calves are off the tit. I've never shot a bull over salt but water is a whole different deal. I'd salt the area but hunt the water, especially early. Best of luck it's not as easy as some think. You still have to put together the puzzle and make it happen.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #47
tanderson12
Cutthroat

Once again thank you to everyone for the input, I will definitely put pictures up when I can!

Last edited by tanderson12; 06-12-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #48
dolffn
Coho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Obsession View Post
Wow...... You start out in this thread by offering some decent advice, and then this. Even as an archery hunter, I've never used a tree stand for elk, but I may choose to some day. If I ever do, I sure hope we meet under the circumstances you describe above.

RO
Yeah I am not sure why there would be a problem with tree stand use. It is just another strategy that can be useful in the right circumstances. It can also be a hindrance if you find yourself up in a stand when an animal come by either just out of bow range or not offering a clear shot and you are basically stuck there. It can also be fairly uncomfortable. Does a ground blind (store bought/twigs and branches) constitute an unfair advantage? Again it is just another hunting tactic with pros and cons. I have not used a stand for hunting elk (intentionally anyway, but that is another story) and I am not sure that I would as that tends to be more of a ground coverage game, but if you know they are in the area and actively using the wallow, I would imagine that could be pretty effective. Another thing to keep in mind with wallows that I've seen is that they may be very active early in the summer, but are dried up come archery season.
dolffn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #49
fishhead69
Tuna!

Quote:

So if I put up a tree stand just off a well used elk trail, you think IM a lazy hunter.
Well as long as we're here letting our "feelings be know"
IMHO sir, you are a short appendage between the legs of a male human being.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #50
roseyhunter
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead69 View Post
So if I put up a tree stand just off a well used elk trail, you think IM a lazy hunter.
Well as long as we're here letting our "feelings be know"
IMHO sir, you are a short appendage between the legs of a male human being.
Did you bait it with salt all year? If so then yes,I agree with your statement..
Old 06-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #51
old_heli_logger
Chromer

I smell a troll ...
If it's legal, I say go for it and ignore the idiot
old_heli_logger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #52
chukarchaser
Tuna!

Quote:
Did you bait it with salt all year? If so then yes,I agree with your statement..
He only made one statement .... glad to hear you agree with it.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #53
Dave32g
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chukarchaser View Post
He only made one statement .... glad to hear you agree with it.
+1
Old 06-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #54
Dave32g
Steelhead

Quote:
Rose

When are you going to show us these field photos of your bulls?
Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #55
JohnnyRingo
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtelk View Post
It'll never happen. Road hunters find photographs of whole dead elk in the middle of the road problematic as historical records. Especially when you have to use the headlights of one's road rig (or spotlight affixed to ones road rig) to illuminate said elk for aforementioned photographic opportunities.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #56
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Quote:
Rose

To me, it really doesn't matter if he has a stack of photos of 6X6 bulls, no matter where or how they were killed. The fact is that being a good hunter, even if he is, doesn't make up for being rude and obnoxious. The most successful hunter I know, with MANY huge Pope and Young bulls would never try and tell other hunters that they aren't "real" hunters just because they opt to hunt using other weapons, or strategies.

RO

I fish because that's what the voices in my head tell me to do.
Reel Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #57
Eagleclaw
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Obsession View Post
To me, it really doesn't matter if he has a stack of photos of 6X6 bulls, no matter where or how they were killed. The fact is that being a good hunter, even if he is, doesn't make up for being rude and obnoxious. The most successful hunter I know, with MANY huge Pope and Young bulls would never try and tell other hunters that they aren't "real" hunters just because they opt to hunt using other weapons, or strategies.

RO

I couldn't have said it better....
Old 06-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #58
steelfreak
Tuna!

You see so much in a stand or blind that you would never see beatin brush. Of course these moments are spaced out between loooooong streches of boredom. to each there own
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #59
JohnnyRingo
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleclaw View Post
I couldn't have said it better....

I hate it when I see an articulate, logical counter argument to something that irritated me so bad when I had already posted up a sarcastic response..... Something along the lines of lowering ones self to an unenviable position with ones original post........

Well said!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #60
roseyhunter
Chromer

Quote:
Rose

I guess I'm not sure what your wanting them for. If you don't believe I have killed any elk, oh well-i'll still fall a sleep tonight NOT to worries about that. Maybe your trying to see if you know me? If so, I'm pretty sure we've met before, but not positive.
It says your from central Oregon, why don't you just swing by and look at them in person if you want to see them so bad?

I could live life just fine without putting pictures of myself all over the world wide web just to boost my ego. I'm still a believer in the hunters name shouldn't be in the record books, it's the animal that should get the credit. If that was the case, there would be way less poaching imo.