Meth lab busted - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
jeepmor
Ifish Nate

Default Meth lab busted

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-vi...201250601.html

Thank you LEOs. Another lab shut down. I really have a special place in my heart for meth heads since they stole my wifes truck a few years back and totalled it on Dixie Mtn.

jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
FastActionPDX
Steelhead

Default Re: Meth lab busted

GOOD! I Can't drug addicts of any kind, especially meth heads. Some real easy math...

THANK YOU LOE's for cleaning up the streets.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Ifisherkid
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastActionPDX View Post

THANK YOU LOE's for cleaning up the streets.
Yea, thank you LOE's!

Love hearing these guy's getting caught. Hope they get what they should. I bet a lot of the thefts of fishing and hunting gear is meth-heads pawning gear to pay for their drugs.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Mikes
Coho

Thanks to the all of the drug interdiction teams, local, state, feds - Keep popp'n these guys. Stay safe while do'n though.
Mikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
native steelie
Ifish Nate

good i hope they slap them with a life sentence, too
Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
PaPa Jon
King Salmon

don't get too excited
they busted a meth house a half block down from my house a few years back
all but one of them were released on the spot (12) the one they kept was held for prior warrants. They LEO's we worked with said the would just be moving to a new neighborhood and start all over again.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
Weather or Knot
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa Jon View Post
don't get too excited
all but one of them were released on the spot (12) the one they kept was held for prior warrants. They LEO's we worked with said the would just be moving to a new neighborhood and start all over again.
Yep! There are no serious penalties for these crimes! They are probably making meth somewhere else as we type! Until there is FEAR in getting caught doing some thing illegal, criminals have no reason to stop. Here in our county, my mechanic was assaulted by a crazy with a machete and the cop told him he would be out in 3 days! Does this seem right?

Sorry Rant Finished... for now

Brandon
Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
Keta
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa Jon View Post
don't get too excited
No money in it for the system, it's a revolving door in Klamath County for meth dealers and cooks.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
lost_sailor
King Salmon

Fortunately I'm pretty oblivious to the meth scene, but They say that most of the stuff comes from factories in Mexico. Any home "lab" is small potatoes. Still better off without 'em I suppose.

Funny that you can't say flowers on Ifish ...
(rhymes with sneaker)
Old 04-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Weather or Knot
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_sailor View Post
Fortunately I'm pretty oblivious to the meth scene, but They say that most of the stuff comes from factories in Mexico. Any home "lab" is small potatoes. Still better off without 'em I suppose.

(rhymes with sneaker)
About 12 years ago there was a known meth lab on the street where I lived in town. I was amazed at the traffic frodm out of state(washington,Idaho and Cali) that would make apperances monthly there. This place got busted on a regular basis but there was never a penalty to keep these people off the streets. They also had their 6th grade son selling on the bike path! Cops were called by their middle boy because his mom was laying on the floor out cold with a needle sticking out of her arm! Still didnt get the kids taken away. We made several calls to CSD about other things and we were told that if the children were not in immediate danger it was better to keep them with their mother........

SOOOO FRUSTRATING!

Brandon
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
mitch1
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_sailor View Post

(rhymes with sneaker)
Not sure why not? Read the rules it says no name calling. The word you are referring to is a label, that even LEO's use. Maybe not all but some. Oh but the pc train must have carried this word away?!
Glad to see a job well done by our LEO's though!!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
K9lover
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather or Knot View Post
Yep! There are no serious penalties for these crimes! They are probably making meth somewhere else as we type! Until there is FEAR in getting caught doing some thing illegal, criminals have no reason to stop. Here in our county, my mechanic was assaulted by a crazy with a machete and the cop told him he would be out in 3 days! Does this seem right?

Brandon
Well it works like this If there are no criminals we would not need a Bloated out of control system so if they can perpetuate the system they can have job security
that is why their is no punishment for crooks ( no crooks no big gubberment)
lots of crooks bigger gubberment
K9lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #13
Lead Bouncer
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather or Knot View Post

Brandon

How many meth lab lovers are on this site? zero?

Its not politics, you should have no problem getting a letter campaign for the legislators. All you need is one sponsor an a bunch of people to put pressure on legislators. Solicit a little money to put up a web page. Businesses will pitch in some cash, just to cut down on theft.

All it takes is a few people, to get it started.

If the mods will let you start a thread about it, plan it right here and bounce some ideas around and get in touch with folks. Walk your neighborhoods with a petition. How official depends on whether you intend a referendum or an initiative. I doubt ANY money will be spent to oppose such an initiative. Decide what the penalties should be. Would be a great time to strengthen grand theft auto and property theft laws. For some reason, there are lots of defense attorneys, so you might want to find a handful, that will throw in with you. You may even get your bill written for free.

Sportsman for a drug free Oregon.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #14
Lead Bouncer
King Salmon

What I find ironic is this. Local radio host John Carlson had to go to an initiative in Wa, to pass HARD TIME FOR ARMED CRIME, because our legislature didnt have the back bone to pass it.

Now look what they are trying to do to law abiding gun owners.

Guns and drugs are inseparable. This is one way to cut gun crime.
cut the supply
cut crime
cut death
cut addiction
loss time at work
ER expenses that are added to the cost of medical visits.

Remind people of all the celebrities in drug rehab and funerals.

Last edited by Lead Bouncer; 04-04-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Lead Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #15
crabbait
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1 View Post
Not sure why not? Read the rules it says no name calling. The word you are referring to is a label, that even LEO's use. Maybe not all but some. Oh but the pc train must have carried this word away?!
Glad to see a job well done by our LEO's though!!
The word was being used to describe any and every person who committed a crime. People were focused on name calling instead of focusing on what they could do to secure their property. Name calling doesn't accomplish any positive thing. Had nothing to do with "PC".
crabbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
PaPa Jon
King Salmon

The story in our neighborhood was that there was a house that was used by Meth Heads not as a lab but for distribution and a base for their identity theft ring. The folks in the neighborhood got together with the Portland police and gathered information on the people, license plate numbers etc. Once we gave the Police enough evidence to get a warrant the swat team showed up at 5am, blocked off the area shot out the street light and forcefully serve the warrants. We were told that they bust these house often and every time they bust some one the closer they get to keeping them in jail.

My point is that sometimes the Police need the help of the public to push these criminals out and put in jail. If you have a suspected drug house in your neighborhood talk to your local LEO and ask if you can help by gathering info or what. Stop whining ad step up to the plate.

(if you see suspicious people with bicycles pulling trailers, there is more than likely a drug house nearby)
Old 04-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
mitch1
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbait View Post
The word was being used to describe any and every person who committed a crime. People were focused on name calling instead of focusing on what they could do to secure their property. Name calling doesn't accomplish any positive thing. Had nothing to do with "PC".
Copy!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
Keta
King Salmon

I've been having problems with meth dealers, cooks for the last 12 years, if they do get arrested they are back on the street the next day without posting a bond. They skip court appointments and steal anything they can. I see drug activity DAILY!!! Reporting it does no good.

Last edited by Keta; 04-04-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Keta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #19
jvp
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keta View Post
I've been having problems with meth dealers, cooks and tweekers for the last 12 years, if they do get arrested they are back on the street the next day without posting a bond. They skip court appointments and steal anything they can. I see drug activity DAILY!!! Reporting it does no good.
Klamath falls and klamath county. big talk little action is the way. was that way when i lived there for 30 some years.come election times they have some high visibility actions but then back to business as usual.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #20
Keta
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvp View Post
Klamath falls and klamath county. big talk little action is the way. was that way when i lived there for 30 some years.come election times they have some high visibility actions but then back to business as usual.
The new Sheriff seems to take it seriously, the deputies have always done so, but the DA is still not interested for some reason....$$$$$. Lots of interest in busting people illegally transporting pot to other states though.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #21
jeepmor
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Lots of interest in busting people illegally transporting pot to other states though.
There's a legal way? Red card and <1 ounce correct?

Back on point. For how big a problem Meth is and the theft and violence that comes with it, I'm surprised the penlaties are not more severe.

Reminds me of some Pot expose I saw once. Guy gets busted for growing. Gets booked and released and starts another grow operation to fund his legal fees for being busted growing in the first place....oye.

Last edited by jeepmor; 04-05-2013 at 09:48 AM.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #22
CombinationLicense
Ifish Nate

Wait a minute!

There was a meth lab in Oregon?

How can that be?

After all, the politicians in Salem made it impossible for all us honest citizens to get Pseudoephederine without a prescription so you must be mistaken. Either that or we were fed a line of crap about the effectiveness of the laws that keep us from buying over-the-counter allergy medicine...

"CL"
CombinationLicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #23
JerryM
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombinationLicense View Post
Wait a minute!

How can that be?

After all, the politicians in Salem made it impossible for all us honest citizens to get Pseudoephederine without a prescription so you must be mistaken. Either that or we were fed a line of crap about the effectiveness of the laws that keep us from buying over-the-counter allergy medicine...

"CL"
This law actually worked extremely well. Meth labs are very rare in Oregon now. I have not personally seen a working lab in at least ten years. Three of that, I was assigned as a narcotics detective.

What we do see, and sometimes refer to as a "lab", is a re-cook. That is when a dealer will take meth, melt it down in heated acetone, super saturate it with a cutting agent (usually MSM) and re-crystal it. Still well qualifies as manufacture.

As a state, Oregon went from hundreds and hundreds of labs per year, to like a dozen. It has been a few years since I looked at the numbers but I suspect we are still only around a dozen actual labs to manufacture meth as opposed to re-cooking.

The labs out there now tend to be one bottle labs the "Beavis and Butthead" cooks use for making their own. Think burning a backpack up instead of blowing up a house.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
Keta
King Salmon

It hasn't been 10 years but it's been 5 since we have had them making meth in our neighborhood, the cartels keep a good supply comming. The boys I deal with are saving their urine and recycling the meth they pass.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
willie133
Steelhead

I hope they bust them all as long as the Heisenberg gets away first.
willie133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #26
Tilla
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombinationLicense View Post
Wait a minute!

How can that be?

"CL"
Good Point, I wonder if the number of meth labs dropped. Hmmm!

Update:
Well I checked and one source shows a 97% drop in meth lab "incidents" since the introduction of the law. Was not what I was expecting.

http://www.oregondec.org/OregonMethLabStats.pdf

Last edited by Tilla; 04-06-2013 at 04:46 AM. Reason: add
Tilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #27
Keta
King Salmon

From what I've seen the labs were replaced by cheep cartel meth made in Mexico with pseudoephedrine from China. The problem did not go away and will not until we put the users in prison & the dealers and suppliers are exterminated.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #28
Weather or Knot
Ifish Nate

Quote:
From what I've seen the labs were replaced by cheep cartel meth made in Mexico with pseudoephedrine from China. The problem did not go away and will not until we put the users in prison & the dealers and suppliers are exterminated.
I agree %100! Only thing I would add is to exterminate the dealers and suppliers in public so the rest can see we are not messing around any more! They did it back in the old days with hangings and it work great!

Brandon
Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
mitch1
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie133 View Post
I hope they bust them all as long as the Heisenberg gets away first.
Should be coming on soon!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #30
Nebraska
Coho

Keep busting them!
Nebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #31
DogZilla15
King Salmon

When I saw the thread title, I looked to see who's dog got caught? Them Labradors are always gettin' into trouble....
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #32
billjr64
Sturgeon

I`ve always thought that if those people want to use meth, give it to them, all they want. My ex is a meth addict, going on 20 years, if she could get enough maybe she could finally find the peace she needs.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #33
Keta
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjr64 View Post
I`ve always thought that if those people want to use meth, give it to them, all they want. My ex is a meth addict, going on 20 years, if she could get enough maybe she could finally find the peace she needs.
I'd rather see them get lead poisoning, THERE HAS BEEN 2 METH RELATED MURDERS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE LAST 3 YEARS!!!!!! And a lot of property crime.

Last edited by Keta; 04-06-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Keta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #34
billjr64
Sturgeon

I don`t want to shoot them, unless I have to. I`d rather give them what they want and let them live with the consequences of what they are doing to themselves. Maybe if they have enough we can help them? This struggle to get their daily fix is where the murders and thefts are originating, IMO.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #35
Keta
King Salmon

Quote:
This struggle to get their daily fix is where the murders and thefts are originating, IMO.
I'd agree if it was heroin, meth makes them crazy.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #36
billjr64
Sturgeon

Quote:
\ meth makes them crazy.
I agree, there seems to be some kind of personal dis connect when they`re high or looking to get high. I`ve been burned before and can now see the signs before the fire, one and done for me from now on, but they are still people and deserve some compassion.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #37
Keta
King Salmon

Quote:
I agree, there seems to be some kind of personal dis connect when they`re high or looking to get high. I`ve been burned before and can now see the signs before the fire, one and done for me from now on, but they are still people and deserve some compassion.
You do not live in rifle range of 3 dealers.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #38
billjr64
Sturgeon

Quote:
You do not live in rifle range of 3 dealers.
Used to. Thankfully I got out of that town. Pretty quite here although I do spot a few skels near the casinos from time to time.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #39
Keta
King Salmon

I'd sure like to move.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #40
lost_sailor
King Salmon

Lots of good Christian responses here.

How about working to make a world where people don't feel so miserable that meth seems like a good idea? Or a nation where people don't need to work 3 part time jobs to feed their kids?