Lamiglas X 11's - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 09-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
cowlitzriverfisher

Default Lamiglas X 11's

Hey guys we receivedour shipment of X 11's Friday Morning. These rods feel great, and $89.99 they are going to be a winner for Lamiglas for a long time. If anyone Would like us to hold one, or ship one out just give us a call (360) 425-3870.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
JDarr

doh Re: Lamiglas X 11's

Got the call from Jake and now I have three on the way!!! So pumped for them to ge here. Hopefully they'll be here when I get home from work tomorrow.

JD

www.clackacraft.com
JDarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
drakeslayer64
Steelhead

Default Re: Lamiglas X 11's

Anyone know when they will be in stores?? And also what stores will be carrying them...
Old 09-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Native Fisher
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzriverfisher View Post
Hey guys we received our shipment of X 11's Friday Morning. These rods feel great, and $89.99 they are going to be a winner for Lamiglas for a long time. If anyone Would like us to hold one, or ship one out just give us a call (360) 425-3870.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeslayer64 View Post
Anyone know when they will be in stores?? And also what stores will be carrying them...
That place does
Old 09-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
JDarr

Waaahoooo!!! In the mail when I got home yesterday. Soooo much lighter and more sensitive than I thought they'd be. These suckers are gonna rock....(even if they are upside down)

JD

www.clackacraft.com
Old 09-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Native Fisher
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDarr View Post
Waaahoooo!!! In the mail when I got home yesterday. Soooo much lighter and more sensitive than I thought they'd be. These suckers are gonna rock....(even if they are upside down)

JD
How does the guide spacing look? Do they have the made in china stickers on them? I know I am really anxious to compare them to the Shimano Clarus, just waiting for Jason to get back with me...
Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
Spin84
Chromer

Quote:
Waaahoooo!!! In the mail when I got home yesterday. Soooo much lighter and more sensitive than I thought they'd be. These suckers are gonna rock....
How would you say they compare to your SST rods? I've got a couple cheaper rods that need replacing and, since I've been happy with my SST's, I was going to get a couple more of those. But I'm curios now about these X-11's.

"Poets talk about 'spots of time,' but it is really fishermen
who experience eternity compressed into a moment."

Spin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
Native Fisher
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerer View Post
How would you say they compare to your SST rods? I've got a couple cheaper rods that need replacing and, since I've been happy with my SST's, I was going to get a couple more of those. But I'm curios now about these X-11's.
I can tell you right now that the shimano Clarus is a better rod then the SST. I am anxious to put a clarus up against a x11
Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
River Monster

Hi, I have been looking for a steelhead spinning rod to cast/drift spoons and spinners. Does anyone know what is the rod action on the LX96MS and LX86MS rods? I couldnt find the rating. Thanks.
River Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
cowlitzriverfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Monster View Post
Hi, I have been looking for a steelhead spinning rod to cast/drift spoons and spinners. Does anyone know what is the rod action on the LX96MS and LX86MS rods? I couldnt find the rating. Thanks.
Both rods should be a Med action rod. The only difference is the lenght on the rods as both are 8-12lb. I will shoot Cheater a text, and see if he can chime in on here as well.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
River Monster

Quote:
Both rods should be a Med action rod. The only difference is the lenght on the rods as both are 8-12lb. I will shoot Cheater a text, and see if he can chime in on here as well.
So both rods are med action and med power? Thanks for the help.
River Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
finnedwonder
Chromer

I just cant figure out why they dont have a true side drifting rating int he line up. I have not handled the 9'6 6-12 and I supposed if the action was right it could work but most of the best side drifters I have fished at 4-8lb rated or similar.... Any had the chance to drift out of a boat with the 6-12's? How was it?

finnedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Native Fisher
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnedwonder View Post
I just cant figure out why they dont have a true side drifting rating int he line up. I have not handled the 9'6 6-12 and I supposed if the action was right it could work but most of the best side drifters I have fished at 4-8lb rated or similar.... Any had the chance to drift out of a boat with the 6-12's? How was it?
A slow action 6-12 would probably work fine. I have used my Okuma guide select 10.5ft 6-12lb in a medium action and it worked ok....
Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
bentlever
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnedwonder View Post
Why do you need that light of a rod?? I use a 6 to 12 JS it works just fine. I also have a 4-8 and hate it cause it is too busy on a rocky bottom. I find that when a fish picks up the bait it is obvious.
bentlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
finnedwonder
Chromer

We dont need to turn this into a "This is how I side drift" thread. I just prefer the lighter rod and most other brands/lines of rods support the notion that many also prefer the lighter rods. Buzz has a Ultra light 6-10, SST has 4-8, loomis has every raiting under the sun 4-8, 4-10, 6-10, 4-12... Bottom line is is the 6-12 rated rod in this line up light enough to fit into this category and still be sensitive....Again has anyone fished it from the boat what can you say about it? I hope someone I know buys one so I can fish with it haha!

finnedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
JDarr

I was worried about them being a little too stiff, but I was pleasantly surprised!!! They are perfect. Really soft and slow action. Much slower than I thought they'd be. I've had two guide friends over the last 2 days to check them out and both of them are already looking forward to buying them for themselves. I think the length is going to be really nice for casting super light leads is ultra clear water or long distances in bigger rivers.

I'm stoked to fish em!!!

JD

www.clackacraft.com
Old 09-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
JDarr

I can't compare them to the SST yet because I haven't fished them, bit I'll fish them side by side as soon as it's steelhead season. I'm guessing the only difference is going to be the weight. The SST are a little heavier in ounces, but not much. Probably not enough to notice. I was just surprised how light the X11s were. Really light rods!

JD

www.clackacraft.com
Old 09-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
Fishin Magician
Ifish Nate

Thumbs up Re: Lamiglas X 11's

Logan got his rod yesterday and he is thrilled to death!!! he cant wait to put a reel on it and go fishing with me. Thanks Lamiglas for making a kid very happy!!!

John and Logan!!!
Fishin Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #19
steelheadslayer
Sturgeon

I've taken a pretty good look at these rods the past few days and they seem pretty nice for the price point. My only complaint is the guide spacing on some models and number of guides. The tip sections on most of them seem like they have 2-3 guides too many making them a bit tip heavy. JDarr, do you concur? On a different rod the first guide on the butt section seemed too far from the reel seat. Other than that, I like the looks and weight. I still prefer my SST's overall I think over these.
Immediately they left their nets and followed him. Matthew 4:20

"Opinions are like elbows, everyone seems to have a couple of em"-Phil Robertson
steelheadslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #20
JDarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer View Post
I've taken a pretty good look at these rods the past few days and they seem pretty nice for the price point. My only complaint is the guide spacing on some models and number of guides. The tip sections on most of them seem like they have 2-3 guides too many making them a bit tip heavy. JDarr, do you concur? On a different rod the first guide on the butt section seemed too far from the reel seat. Other than that, I like the looks and weight. I still prefer my SST's overall I think over these.
I don't know. I think I like the guides. They kinda add a little kore line control and I feel like I have a better even bend in the rod when there are more bending point connections.
As far as the first eye being so far up the rod, it's actually nicer for casting distance and reeling in smoother because it allows a spinning rod to fully circle the line on and off without pulling to to the middle as much. if it was 5" away from the reel, there'd be a lot more friction on the guide when you're reelig with tension on the line.
The whole argument to get these or the SST is like metal vs glass drift boats. To each his own. All my bobberdoggig rods are SST and they were flawless all winter last year. I simply wanted to try out something new so I went X11 for sidedrifters.
This is a total opinion with no proof at all, but if had to guess I'd say the SST is tougher against abuse and the X11 is a touch more sensitive. That's sorta how it works with nice graphite rods. Ugly Sticks are tougher than nails, but a GLX is 1000 times more sensitive. But you can freaking row with a Ugly Stick and a if a GLX get nicked with a piece of pencil lead, it's history.

JD

www.clackacraft.com
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
Spin84
Chromer

Good info. Thanks JD!

"Poets talk about 'spots of time,' but it is really fishermen
who experience eternity compressed into a moment."

Spin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
klamathfish
Steelhead

I am curious if someone has a review on these new series of Lamiglas Rods? I heard it is a certified pro blank but mass produced overseas with only the one year warranty. Is that the case?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #23
labrador15
Steelhead

i have 2 casting models one 8 ft 6 10 to 20 and one 9 ft 6 6 to 15. i like them alot they are nice rods for the money. going to pick up a 9 ft 6 8 to 12 spinning rod as well tommorow at bobs. ive fished them just have not landed a fish on them yet.
labrador15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
Native Fisher
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamathfish View Post
I am curious if someone has a review on these new series of Lamiglas Rods? I heard it is a certified pro blank but mass produced overseas with only the one year warranty. Is that the case?
Certified pro blanks are made in Woodland WA, X11 blanks are made in China. Therefore they are not the same.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #25
foxer
Sturgeon

What was Bob's selling them for?
foxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #26
Native Fisher
Sturgeon

Quote:
Hey guys we received our shipment of X 11's Friday Morning. These rods feel great, and $89.99 they are going to be a winner for Lamiglas for a long time. If anyone Would like us to hold one, or ship one out just give us a call (360) 425-3870.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxer View Post
What was Bob's selling them for?
First post on this thread.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #27
labrador15
Steelhead

bobs has a sale going on sunday i think if your i fish member you get 20 percent off. call them and see. i got my 9 ft 6 6 to 15 for 71.00 plus tax when they had the rods on sale for 20 percent off. which is a great deal. i have 2 xmg's and a g1000. i usually spend more on the reel. even if the warranty is one year. if you take care of the rod they willl be fine. thought about picking up a certified pro in 9 ft 6 8 to 12 as i have a coupon for 25 percent off. but i will probably pick up a 9 ft 6 8 to 12 spinning rod one of the x11's to go with my new pflueger president spinnig reel.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #28
naneumranch
Coho

Anyone have the number to Bobs
naneumranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #29
naneumranch
Coho

Never mind I just learned to read
Old 11-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #30
naneumranch
Coho

Just ordered two x11 9.6 spin rods from Bobs great customer service!!! Going to hit Clearwater in Idaho first of December report on how they handle then .
Old 11-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #31
the slim one
Steelhead

I gotta get a couple gonna call Bob frist thing in the morn.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
madasahab

I have a 15-40lb and I love it. I don't give a rip where it is made. Everything is made in China these days and it doesn't make it a bad rod. Why should I pay 200+ dollars for a rod?
madasahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #33
Skycries57
Fry

nice rods
Skycries57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #34
derrick454
Chromer

Anybody have the 9' X 11 Casting rod for Salmon trolling? Any thoughts or performance reviews? It would used as a herring rod.
derrick454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #35
Chinookjinxd
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer View Post
I just bought a 7'10" 8-17 SST steelhead plug rod and it feels epic ! Can't wait to watch it blow up.
Chinookjinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
Ketch'am
Steelhead

My wife got me one for my birthday!!! I am so excited to try it out. The rod feels great!
Ketch'am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #37
jblaze
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch'am View Post
My wife got me one for my birthday!!! I am so excited to try it out. The rod feels great!
Happy B-Day!
jblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #38
labrador15
Steelhead

there nice rods for the money. i fished the x11 8 ft 6 10 to 20 today for a while drifting eggs. i like the rod just a little over kill for the small river i was fishing. but it is a great bobber rod for fishing bait for silvers and chinook. good luck with the rod im sure you will love it.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:51 AM   #39
derrick454
Chromer

Any one else care to add to reviews??

Out of town working and interested in hearing more, especially on the Medium/Heavy casting models
derrick454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #40
HarpersTackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeslayer64 View Post
We have a few of the new x-11s left in stock.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #41
nitsuj
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookjinxd View Post
I just bought a 7'10" 8-17 SST steelhead plug rod and it feels epic ! Can't wait to watch it blow up.
Lamiglas avatar, Lamiglas image in your signature...I sense sarcasm
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #42
Chinookjinxd
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Lamiglas avatar, Lamiglas image in your signature...I sense sarcasm
Nope just broke and needed a decent plug rod. SST's are sweet setups, I have a bunch of Lami's though.
Chinookjinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #43
lostbackpacker
Tuna!

looked at them yesterday at local tackle shop. they felt okay to me. really liked the feel of the SI rods.
lostbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #44
cowlitzriverfisher

We still have some in stock, and they are on sale for $69.99. We have a new ad out that just started today.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #45
nitsuj
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookjinxd View Post
Nope just broke and needed a decent plug rod. SST's are sweet setups, I have a bunch of Lami's though.
Ahh, the way it was worded I thought you were implying something about the SST's durability. I like the SSTs, the Lamis, the Buzz's, I like 'em all!
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #46
BigEars

Question Re: Lamiglas X 11's

Quote:

JD
So these are mostly a side drifting rod from the drift boat or the bank, I assume? (right side up, of course!)
BigEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #47
Kid Coho
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbackpacker View Post
looked at them yesterday at local tackle shop. they felt okay to me. really liked the feel of the SI rods.
Well that's like comparing apples to gold plated apples! Not fair!

I bought a couple of the 9'6" 6-10 LS for sidedrifting haven't had them out yet, but they're lighter in the hand that the equivalent SST models.

Also got an 8'6" 8-12 MS for spinners, it's nice, handled some big coho no problem, good feel and backbone. My most recent rods in that category have been other imports with the same specs, the Berkley Buzz series, the Blue G200 Lami, and an SST. I think the X11 has more sensitivity than the others, not a huge difference in backbone or action.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #48
labrador15
Steelhead

i have a x11 8 ft 6 10 to 20 meduim heavy casting rod i use it for drift fishing for steelhead and silvers. i like the balance of the rod. it comes with a nice cork handle. you could use this rod for chinook as well it has plenty of backbone. im useing it until my xmg is fixed. purchased it for chinook and chums. have not caught any fish on it yet besides a cutthroat this last weekend drifting eggs. im useing it for winter steelhead. the rod is more than sensitive enough to be a good drift rod!

Last edited by labrador15; 11-28-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #49
Ketch'am
Steelhead

Got to fish mine (8' 1/2" 6-12lb test) today for the first time. That thing is sweet!! Better than the GL3 I fished with last summer. Although I didn't get into a fish I am pumped, this thing should be a whole lot of fun the fish a fish on!!
Ketch'am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #50
Fishalot
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Fisher View Post
Certified pro blanks are made in Woodland WA, X11 blanks are made in China. Therefore they are not the same.
Are you sure about that, I was told that they only build the pre made blanks in woodland these days. If this is not true? please someone that actually knows for a fact please chime in.

Fishalot
Old 12-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #51
cowlitzriverfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishalot View Post
Are you sure about that, I was told that they only build the pre made blanks in woodland these days. If this is not true? please someone that actually knows for a fact please chime in.

Fishalot
Fishalot,
The blanks on all imports are made overseas. Certified pro, g1000s, XMGs, SI, along with a lot more are built start to finish here in woodland! My brother works at the factory and see's first hand along with helping to produce the blanks. In addition to that he spends most of his time painting the rods. Hope this helps you out!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #52
Fishalot
Sturgeon

Quote:
Fishalot,
The blanks on all imports are made overseas. Certified pro, g1000s, XMGs, SI, along with a lot more are built start to finish here in woodland! My brother works at the factory and see's first hand along with helping to produce the blanks. In addition to that he spends most of his time painting the rods. Hope this helps you out!
Thank you for clearing that up, I was not trying to cause problems, just wanted to get things set straight.

Fishalot
Old 12-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #53
Josh Cooper

Yea cowlitzriverfisher would know his bro works here too!
Josh Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote