When You Find a Trail Cam (Etiquette) - Page 4 - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #181
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Location: Out on the edge of an empty highway, Howling at the blood on the moon
Default Re: When You Find a Trail Cam (Etiquette)

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlybird007 View Post
You might want to re-read the Montana think ka-bong.........

"It is illegal for a person to possess or use in the field any electronic or camera device whose purpose is to scout the location of game animals or relay the information on a game animal’s location or movement during any Commission adopted hunting season."

NOT ILLEGAL OUTSIDE OF THE SEASON!!!!!
why? I can read and it is better then allowing them during ANY commission adopted season. IMO trail cams are not sporting and the use of them is not very far away from using aircraft to spot herds. heck, with the spread of cell towers and wi-fi how long do you think it will be before the trail cam simply sends you and email and the gps coords and a pic of an every animal that triggers the device. that will certainly make hunting easier,

but wait, why even stop there, just hook the camera trigger to a rifle trigger and it can just shoot the animal for the lazy hunter who confuses that with hunting, think of the time and money it will save if all you have to do it drive to the kill sight, pick up your dead animal and head home. or really take it to the next level tie it to your iphone, mount the rifle on a control head with a couple of servos you can you choose your shot and fire the bullet without having to leave camp. but ooh ooh ooh Mr. Kotter, mount all that on a radio controlled robot and then you could call it fair chase. if we can drive robot cars on mars this should be child's play.

The new American Sportsman.

things you shouldn't understand

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #182
MikeJKB
Steelhead

That sure looks like Katherine Cook, KGW CH8 News reporter to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post
Yeah I'm with you, DriftinEggs; you gotta take advantage of the situation for sure. Here's more of what the cool people of the world do to trail cams.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #183
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

El-K. As to your first point, not long at all. In fact there are cams on the market and in use today that DO sent you a photo to your cell phone. (I in fact know of some in use locally). So for those out there dorking around with equipment that doesn't belong to them, they may be sending real time feedback to the owner.

That of course was not a threat in any way, purely informational.

RO

I fish because that's what the voices in my head tell me to do.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #184
Brute
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Kabong View Post
but wait, why even stop there, just hook the camera trigger to a rifle trigger and it can just shoot the animal for the lazy hunter who confuses that with hunting, think of the time and money it will save if all you have to do it drive to the kill sight, pick up your dead animal and head home. or really take it to the next level tie it to your iphone, mount the rifle on a control head with a couple of servos you can you choose your shot and fire the bullet without having to leave camp. but ooh ooh ooh Mr. Kotter, mount all that on a radio controlled robot and then you could call it fair chase. if we can drive robot cars on mars this should be child's play.

The new American Sportsman.
Already been done

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/mike-schoby/2007/09/remote-control-hunting
Old 08-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #185
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Obsession View Post
El-K. As to your first point, not long at all. In fact there are cams on the market and in use today that DO sent you a photo to your cell phone. (I in fact know of some in use locally). So for those out there dorking around with equipment that doesn't belong to them, they may be sending real time feedback to the owner.

That of course was not a threat in any way, purely informational.

RO
I wonder what that last image looks like when the trail cam gets the Montana treatment as described a few posts back?

"That of course was not a threat in any way, purely inquisitive."

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #186
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

I guess it all depends on the distance between the owner, and his property. If close enough, I suppose it will look like someone getting caught red handed destroying private property. And what that looks like may depend largely on the temperament of the owner.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #187
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
I guess it all depends on the distance between the owner, and his property. If close enough, I suppose it will look like someone getting caught red handed destroying private property. And what that looks like may depend largely on the temperament of the owner.

or the vandal...

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #188
Quaka Wacka
Ifish Nate

Quote:
my interpretation of the Wilderness Act would make the use fo trail cams within a wilderness illegal
From what I've seen thus far your interpretation of things seems a little askew from most peoples.

And Ben Hur, the question/debate doesn't seem to be about "Is stealing wrong" rather "Is stealing a trail camera really stealing". Some posters yourself included, have taken the position that stealing a trail camera, somehow doesn't count as stealing. Because you have personal feelings that they shouldn't be there.
So I will ask this question a third time to you and Mr. Bong. Do you guys think that somebody stealing a crab pot is really stealing? There are crab bouys "littering" the oceans and bays, and they are often left out after people head in. But I have yet to meet somebody who tries to argue that stealing one isn't really stealing.

And there is one view I refuse to accept in any situation. That a crime victim is somehow to blame in becoming a victim. I know I take a risk when I put trail cams out. They may not be there when I go to check them. Not because I'm to blame, but because their are lowlife trogs in this world who steal and vandalize things. If I have a nice truck and it gets stolen, it's not my fault. If I drop a crab pot then head out fishing, and the pot gets stolen, it's not my fault. If your wife or daughter gets assaulted walking to thier car late one night. It's not thier fault. IT'S THE CRIMINALS FAULT!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #189
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Quote:
or the vandal...
At least we agree on the terminology. But in either case, it underscores the issue when people decide to enforce laws that don't exist, or try to take away the rights of others.

Cheers!

Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #190
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
At least we agree on the terminology. But in either case, it underscores the issue when people decide to enforce laws that don't exist, or try to take away the rights of others.

Cheers!
I have never advocated stealing or destroying trail cams. taking away "rights" is subjective - you claim that you have a right to hang a trail cam in public forests, I claim I have a right to not look at your trail cams in public forests.

To me the simply solution is this

I don't leave my stuff laying around the forest when I leave and I ask that you also do not leave your stuff laying around in the forest when you leave. seems pretty cut and dried to me, it astonishes me that you don't think that is fair as we are both acting in the same manner.

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #191
hooked_on_chrome
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaka Wacka View Post
So I will ask this question a third time to you and Mr. Bong. Do you guys think that somebody stealing a crab pot is really stealing? There are crab bouys "littering" the oceans and bays, and they are often left out after people head in. But I have yet to meet somebody who tries to argue that stealing
The same goes for the question I asked about geocaching.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #192
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

And I really hate finding parked cars in the woods, makes me feel all un-alone. So to make me happy, please refrain from parking in the woods. Seems pretty cut and dried to me, conflict averted. Until then, "Smile".

Old 08-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #193
Quaka Wacka
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Of the many things I hope for in life here are some list toppers. Good health for my family, winning the lottery and catching somebody stealing from me.

Like most people, over the years I've had things stolen from me. And all that anger and frustration doesn't really go anywhere, so I just put it away and save it. When I catch somebody, I'm not likely to call the police and will cash in all my chips...
Old 08-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #194
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
And I really hate finding parked cars in the woods, makes me feel all un-alone. So to make me happy, please refrain from parking in the woods. Seems pretty cut and dried to me, conflict averted. Until then, "Smile".
not the same and I think you know it. we are not talking about on roads or in parking lots at trailheads.

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #195
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Of the many things I hope for in life here are some list toppers. Good health for my family, winning the lottery and catching somebody stealing from me.

Like most people, over the years I've had things stolen from me. And all that anger and frustration doesn't really go anywhere, so I just put it away and save it. When I catch somebody, I'm not likely to call the police and will cash in all my chips...
ooooh scarry. that sounds so familiar - are you the guy who used to say "I'll meet you at the ramp"?

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #196
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Quote:
I hear you QW, similar to what many have said about getting their crab pots stolen or picked. The unlucky guy who gets caught may get more than bargained for.

Duck blind notes to self.... Note #1, Do NOT pick up Quaka Wacka's ducks.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #197
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Quote:
not the same and I think you know it. we are not talking about on roads or in parking lots at trailheads.
Actually, I think it's exactly the same. You have arbitrarily decided that you don't "like" something other people are doing legally, and then somehow expect others to give up their rights to make you happy. I could just as easily say I hate berry pickers, or people who camp close enough to a trail that I can see them, or the smell of smoke in the woods from campfires, or the sound of chainsaws, or people who park alongside the road and leave their ugly trucks parked where I am forced to look at them. All argueably forms of noise or visual "pollution" that I may not want to deal with. You do have a right to control your surroundings, buy a piece of property and fence it. Otherwise, just like the rest of us, you're stuck with the pros and cons of multi use forest lands. Complain all you want, demand people take their cams with them when they leave, that will not change, no matter how many tears you shed, that river will not change the facts.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #198
Buglmn
Tuna!

Ugliest trail cam pics I've ever gotten. (not the bull) But they left it alone.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #199
Kricket
Steelhead

"To me the simply solution"

Seems to me it's the one that works in your favor.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #200
Haslebacher
Chromer

Quote:
From what I've seen thus far your interpretation of things seems a little askew from most peoples.

And Ben Hur, the question/debate doesn't seem to be about "Is stealing wrong" rather "Is stealing a trail camera really stealing". Some posters yourself included, have taken the position that stealing a trail camera, somehow doesn't count as stealing. Because you have personal feelings that they shouldn't be there.
So I will ask this question a third time to you and Mr. Bong. Do you guys think that somebody stealing a crab pot is really stealing? There are crab bouys "littering" the oceans and bays, and they are often left out after people head in. But I have yet to meet somebody who tries to argue that stealing one isn't really stealing.

And there is one view I refuse to accept in any situation. That a crime victim is somehow to blame in becoming a victim. I know I take a risk when I put trail cams out. They may not be there when I go to check them. Not because I'm to blame, but because their are lowlife trogs in this world who steal and vandalize things. If I have a nice truck and it gets stolen, it's not my fault. If I drop a crab pot then head out fishing, and the pot gets stolen, it's not my fault. If your wife or daughter gets assaulted walking to thier car late one night. It's not thier fault. IT'S THE CRIMINALS FAULT!!!!!!

Quaka you are exactly right. The trend I have notice is he tends to skip over post that prove him to be a hoodlum.

For Kabob he is more concerned about being right vs doing the right thing.
A geniune typing tough guy.
Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I believe someone posted early about a law leaving things for more than 14 days... Which would at a minamum suggest that we are allowed to leave our cams for at least that time frame.

But this guy believes that laws are his to enforce or that somehow his entitlment out wieghs any other persons. The guy probably still ride horses to the mountains as commuting in a vehicle would give a technological advantage. A legitamate Jerimiah Johnson on our hands.
I wonder if he takes it apon himself to pull over speeding motorist as well as they impede his enjoyment from driving on the freeway?

I am sure many of you were raised with the same amount of integrety as I to respect others opinions, to follow laws, to respect others property, and to not feel our own believes make us more entitled than the next american.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #201
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Buglmn, Love It!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #202
Kricket
Steelhead

Buglmn that's awesome.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #203
Blacktailcrazy
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglmn View Post

Love the pics!!! Sometimes the two biggest studs you get on camera are the ugliest ..... lol
Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #204
Quaka Wacka
Ifish Nate

Quote:
ooooh scarry. that sounds so familiar - are you the guy who used to say "I'll meet you at the ramp"?
Wasn't me. I'm not much of a talker really. And if I catch you stealing from me, I'm not waiting till the ramp.

Care to weigh in on weather or not stealing a crab pot is really stealing?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #205
Quaka Wacka
Ifish Nate

Quote:

Good stuff!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #206
Roosevelt7x7
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktailcrazy View Post
Love the pics!!! Sometimes the two biggest studs you get on camera are the ugliest ..... lol
Two?! ...I only see one ugly raghorn. Oh well.....any bull is a stud.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #207
localjoe
Coho

I am going to stop trying to get pics of game and start trying to get pics of kabong's grow sight =P.
It is funny that you give the same response time and time again as if you are somehow above the law and don't need to respect another persons property because you don't agree with a trailcam being used. We all read your response the first time and not one person agrees with your way of thinking, so repeating yourself will not change any minds just FYI. Yes most of us agree that we need to keep litter and pollution from our forests. We are not leaving these trail-cams and not coming back for them. They do not have any negative effect on your experience in the forest, it is all in your head. And if you think you are more of a sportsman because you don't use a trail cam than you don't have a clue anyways.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #208
Buglmn
Tuna!

+1. Well said.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #209
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
"To me the simply solution"

Seems to me it's the one that works in your favor.
your alternative works in your favor so what's the difference.

my proposal is that we all take our toys with us when we leave the woods. everyone has the exact same rule. you would like an exception to that rule or you are in favor of everyone leaving whatever they want and if something happens to your stuff you get all whiny and come crying on ifish.

1) I do not take or vandalize others stuff
2) people who leave their stuff in the woods when they have gone home are selfish and inconsiderate.
3) people that rely on trail cams to hunt are poor sportspeople.
4) people who make threats because they don't agree with anothers opinion are very sad. big talkers at the keyboard but cowards in real life.
5) I think those that do leave trail cams in the woods and talk about it on public forums are inviting thieves to go look for your stuff so that they can go steal it and sell it, that is not the same as saying it is their fault their stuff got stolen. I will nto shed a single tear for those who stuff is lost
6) leaving crab pots unattended for multiple days creates a hazard for others who simply want to use the shared resources. I do not leave my crab pots out overnight, yet alone for multiple days.

WHEN YOU LEAVE, TAKE YOUR STUFF WITH YOU

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #210
Quaka Wacka
Ifish Nate

Quote:
I hear you QW, similar to what many have said about getting their crab pots stolen or picked. The unlucky guy who gets caught may get more than bargained for.

Duck blind notes to self.... Note #1, Do NOT pick up Quaka Wacka's ducks.
You can pick up as many as you want, cause then I get to shoot more.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #211
Buglmn
Tuna!

Wow Kabong. That whole statement is a farse. Your proposal is just that. YOUR PROPOSAL!!!!! Take it, and your ball and go home. Luckily, you are the only one who cares about what you think.
"3) people that rely on trail cams to hunt are poor sportspeople." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! How much time, effort, and money do you think we spend logging countless miles putting boots on the ground to chase our hunting/outdoor passion. I think there is a lot more to it than " you not wanting your picture taken".

JP

Last edited by Buglmn; 08-14-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #212
LeechLaker
Tuna!

This Kbong guy keeps saying that we leave our cameras lying around when we leave the woods. I never leave it lying around. It’s always strapped to a tree. Am I missing something new? Is it the new way to hide the camera? Leave it lying on the ground?

Some guys sure are upset about such a small thing.

They keep taking all the trees out of the forest and no one is complaining about that. Leave a small camera in the woods and it’s the end of the world.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #213
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Quote:
Please try a larger font and bold next time so that people will bend to your wishes and do what you tell them to do. Ok, so no, that won't work either, but as you have tried the same line a dozen or so times already, a change of pace might at least be more interesting.

Now speaking of selfish, back to our regularly schedule program, El-Kabong kicking against the bricks demanding that we all give up our rights to make him happy....

Old 08-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #214
walt1er
Steelhead

You might be a redneck if you follow a trail cam etiquette thread for more than three pages... Oh, sh...
Old 08-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #215
Kricket
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt1er View Post
You might be a redneck if you follow a trail cam etiquette thread for more than three pages... Oh, sh...

Back to the humor!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #216
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt1er View Post
you might be a redneck if you follow a trail cam etiquette thread for more than three pages... Oh, sh...
doh!!! :d

Old 08-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #217
njhadfield
Coho

Smile Re: When You Find a Trail Cam (Etiquette)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PicT93qbsek

I AM SUPRIZES THAT NO ONE HAS PUT THIS LINK ON THIS POST YET. I DIFFENTLY NEED TO FIND A SUITE.

CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE LINK AND ENJOY.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #218
Herm
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhadfield View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PicT93qbsek

I AM SUPRIZES THAT NO ONE HAS PUT THIS LINK ON THIS POST YET. I DIFFENTLY NEED TO FIND A SUITE.

CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE LINK AND ENJOY.
It's been posted....

Easy solution to this debate: El-Kabong is on your ignore list.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #219
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herm View Post
It's been posted....

Easy solution to this debate: El-Kabong is on your ignore list.
that is almost as good as your other debate solution - Name Calling, that clearly proved that you were right. You really have the best suggestions!

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #220
daiello91
King Salmon

Quote:
your alternative works in your favor so what's the difference.

my proposal is that we all take our toys with us when we leave the woods. everyone has the exact same rule. you would like an exception to that rule or you are in favor of everyone leaving whatever they want and if something happens to your stuff you get all whiny and come crying on ifish.

1) I do not take or vandalize others stuff
2) people who leave their stuff in the woods when they have gone home are selfish and inconsiderate.
3) people that rely on trail cams to hunt are poor sportspeople.
4) people who make threats because they don't agree with anothers opinion are very sad. big talkers at the keyboard but cowards in real life.
5) I think those that do leave trail cams in the woods and talk about it on public forums are inviting thieves to go look for your stuff so that they can go steal it and sell it, that is not the same as saying it is their fault their stuff got stolen. I will nto shed a single tear for those who stuff is lost
6) leaving crab pots unattended for multiple days creates a hazard for others who simply want to use the shared resources. I do not leave my crab pots out overnight, yet alone for multiple days.

#3 You can't hunt with a trail camera.

Quote:
that is almost as good as your other debate solution - Name Calling, that clearly proved that you were right. You really have the best suggestions!
So surprised? You regularly stir the pot.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #221
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiello91 View Post
#3 You can't hunt with a trail camera.

So surprised? You regularly stir the pot.
stir the pot or express my opinion? (or is that no longer allowed here?)

perhaps, but I don't rely on my skills at name calling when I can't express myself, like some others seem to depend on.

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #222
daiello91
King Salmon

Quote:
stir the pot or express my opinion? (or is that no longer allowed here?)

perhaps, but I don't rely on my skills at name calling when I can't express myself, like some others seem to depend on.

Expressing your opinion and what you have continued to do in this thread (stirring the pot) are 2 different things.

Getting back your point #3 --- people needing to rely on trail cameras. Trail cameras don't make deer, elk, bear etc just show up. You had to know where the animals are in the first place. It's just a tool. 1 tool doesn't make you a good or bad hunter. You have to know what you're doing outside of that. I can go and buy $5,000 worth of the latest and greatest equipment...but it really won't make meat end up in my freezer.

Besides how is a trail camera equal to litter / trash? I don't think anyone is throwing away trail cameras in the forest like some do beer cans. They're not "cheap". I haven't lost 1 camera yet.

It seems to boil down to privacy for you, which you are not granted on public property. So IMO your argument is pretty weak.

Last edited by daiello91; 08-14-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #223
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Expressing your opinion and what you have continued to do in this thread (stirring the pot) are 2 different things.
too fine a line for someone (as Herm felt so compelled to point out) who is " a Thief, Learning Disabled and Stupid" to draw.

Personally I will continue to take my stuff away so as not to impact those who are not as considerate I guess.

The tree stand thread makes me think that trail cams left unattended in the woods are free for anyone to open and take copies of the images contained on them as long as I put the card back in the unit. maybe I like trail cammers after all. you pay for the gear I get the pictures !

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #224
daiello91
King Salmon

Quote:
too fine a line for someone (as Herm felt so compelled to point out) who is " a Thief, Learning Disabled and Stupid" to draw.

Personally I will continue to take my stuff away so as not to impact those who are not as considerate I guess.

The tree stand thread makes me think that trail cams left unattended in the woods are free for anyone to open and take copies of the images contained on them as long as I put the card back in the unit. maybe I like trail cammers after all. you pay for the gear I get the pictures !
Alright so you've made your opinion known...over and over. Why not let other people have fun in the discussion and not dominate the topic?

The way the topic has gone today is pretty much summed up here;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvSjiq1pLVY

Last edited by daiello91; 08-14-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #225
J.Baxter
Steelhead

wow this has turned into quite the discussion. I have been reading it all the past few days and its got good today. I think im gonna have to side with Elkabong on this one.......LOL ...ok cruel joke. this guy is way off his rocker. Ya we (trail cam users) are just going to leave our cams out and no go get them? they average prob. $100 a pop. So when we go back to get them it is NOT littering or whatever your twisted view is on this. This biggest issue is the fact that it is PUBLIC land. therefore you can do whatever pleases you within the law. Let me guess are you going to reply with "take your stuff with you when you leave"? ..... just a guess....
Old 08-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #226
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Alright so you've made your opinion known...over and over. Why not let other people have fun in the discussion and not dominate the topic?
I see, another one in the stop discussing a topic on this here ifish discussion board. maybe you should take you discussion board home with you if you don't want any else to participate on it?

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #227
daiello91
King Salmon

Quote:
I see, another one in the stop discussing a topic on this here ifish discussion board. maybe you should take you discussion board home with you if you don't want any else to participate on it?
Maybe one day you'll get it, but that's clearly not today....

Urban Dictionary- Stirring the pot: "Someone who loves to proliferate the tension and drama"

I guess you'll be the first person I put on this ifish ignore list I've heard about.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #228
patman_81
Cutthroat

There is no one saying to stop this discussion just that you have a very jaded point of view Ka-Bob. You have made it very clear how you feel(a number of times) and we get where you are coming from (Kinda) now we can move on to other people's points of view on what they do with a trail cam(that is not thiers). I heard of a term that describes a person that posts on threads just to get people to argue.......can't remember what it is called........something like.........troll.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #229
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Maybe one day you'll get it, but that's clearly not today....

Urban Dictionary- Stirring the pot: "Someone who loves to proliferate the tension and drama"

I guess you'll be the first person I put on this ifish ignore list I've heard about.
who is tense? and what is the drama? I am just engaging in a discussion about a topic on the ifish discussion boards. I am sorry if it makes you uncomfortable, perhaps you should stop reading it.

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #230
Buglmn
Tuna!

There's no discussion going on any more elk kabong. You are just repeating yourself. We get it. you don't like trail cams. Lets move on.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #231
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
There's no discussion going on any more elk kabong. You are just repeating yourself. We get it. you don't like trail cams. Lets move on.
move on, please - no one is forcing you to continue posting on this thread.

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #232
Herm
Tuna!

I'm going to do the moonwalk in front of the next trail cam I see. I need to put a glittery silver glove in my day pack.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #233
Buglmn
Tuna!

Quote:
No they're not, that was an attempt to to get you to quit cluttering up this thread with your pointless/repetative posts.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #234
nobrownline
Ifish Nate

Man I could keep stiting the pot for days. Everybody on here is right except for Herm and his name calling. We all know not to steal and we all know not to leave anything out you do not want taken. Neither is wrong. But what happens if my son is releaving himself in the woods and a trail cam snaps his picture? Under the law the owner is guilty of child pornography. See we could keep getting rediculas (pardon my spelling)but everyone has a point and nobody is ever going to agree/
Old 08-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #235
Haslebacher
Chromer

Quote:

Wise words towards something that makes you uncomfortable. No one is forcing you to go into the public forest where we are allowed to hang trail cams.

Maybe if trail cams make you so uncomfortable, you should just not go into the forest.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #236
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

Quote:
The way the topic has gone today is pretty much summed up here;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvSjiq1pLVY
Ok, so that's funny. And I actually do see the resemblance......

Old 08-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #237
El-Kabong
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslebacher View Post
Wise words towards something that makes you uncomfortable. No one is forcing you to go into the public forest where we are allowed to hang trail cams.

Maybe if trail cams make you so uncomfortable, you should just not go into the forest.
This represents a classic problem with this discussion. Making things up. Never once have I said that they make me "uncomfortable", and never once have I told someone that they should not go into the forest. (also I have not resorted to telling anyone not to be part of the discussion, or resorted to calling anyone names and insults)

What do you think is gained by making things up? The PUBLIC forests are just that free for all to use. Some people think it is okay to leave their stuff in the woods and expect that other users have proper "Etiquette" to the items the leave in the woods unintended. My point is about respect for others who enjoy the forests and do not want to have their enjoyment interfered with my people leaving items in the forest.

You think trail cams are useful and I think they are garbage left behind. Yet the only compromise offered is "too bad, they are not going away" in other words the hell with everyone else I am going to do what I want and if you do what you want, then (insert threat here) or stay out of "my" woods that you feel entitled to litter with your electronic devices.

I have spent a lot of time in the woods (probably more then many ifishers) as a long distance backpacker, Mt. climber, hiker, and recently as a hunter, I believe in Leave No Trace and leaving trail cams is leaving a trace. I get that many on this thread do not believe in those same principles. Gun owners and hunters get a bad rap, based on the reaction I find here I now have a much better understanding of why.

oh dialleo91, you are so clever, now you are calling me names as well. thanks for continuing to prove me point

ps - before the mods shut this thread ( I assume someone has whined to the moderators about this one by now) I wish to say good hunting. I hope your gear is not vandalized or stolen, and I hope that you all consider that there are many people who enjoy the forests and some of them do not like to see mans footprint when they get there. We are all lucky to have our forests and wilderness areas to enjoy, it we all work together our kids kids kids ... will be able to enjoy them too.

El K is exactly right

Team Savage
Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #238
patman_81
Cutthroat

Quote:
Ok, so that's funny. And I actually do see the resemblance......
it's funny cause it's true! LOL
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #239
patman_81
Cutthroat

ok, el-bong, so with your rational i could leave a trail cam in the woods when i am there and then pick it up when i leave. it would be no different then setting up a camp, hiking for the weekend away from my camp, and leaving with all my stuff at the end of the trip. there are lots of thing people leave in the woods when they there and take when they leave. No matter what the rational it is not yours so don't worry about it and leave it alone.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #240
sliverpicker
King Salmon

bong's worst nightmare!

Closed Thread