Ford my-touch sync (rant) - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
blacktail rattler
Tuna!

Default Ford my-touch sync (rant)

My wifes 2011 exploder would be a great rig, if it didnt have sync. What a damn joke it blacks out, freezes up once a week and 3 times quit working all together. I have been in the dealership more in one year than I care to. They keep sending me notices and I go in for updates in between blackouts, but it doesnt help. I really regret getting my-touch sync it sucks! I was approached by fleet sales who sold it to me and asked if I was ready to look at a f-150, I laughed, not if it has sync I said. I contemplated trading in my super-duty (99). Think I will keep it or buy a dodge. Whewww I feel better. Regan Hilton.

blacktail rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
TheRogue
King Salmon

Default Re: Ford my-touch sync (rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktail rattler View Post
My wifes 2011 exploder would be a great rig, if it didnt have sync. What a damn joke it blacks out, freezes up once a week and 3 times quit working all together. I have been in the dealership more in one year than I care to. They keep sending me notices and I go in for updates in between blackouts, but it doesnt help. I really regret getting my-touch sync it sucks! I was approached by fleet sales who sold it to me and asked if I was ready to look at a f-150, I laughed, not if it has sync I said. I contemplated trading in my super-duty (99). Think I will keep it or buy a dodge. Whewww I feel better. Regan Hilton.
Too bad you have issues. Love th Sync in our Focus. Haven't heard many complaints overall.
TheRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
CHROME CATCHER
Chromer

We have a new Fusion and so far so good for us.....I hope it stays that way......only had it for 2 months though.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Ucdmcd
Chromer

Sorry to hear you're having issues. SYNC works great in my truck, but I only have the regular version (not touch). Have you tried logging into your account and checking for an update (ie, are you sure the dealer is actually updating the SYNC system)?

Last edited by Ucdmcd; 05-08-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Ucdmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
Finaddict91
Ifish Nate

Quote:

DUDE. Might just be a bad unit. I rent a care EVERY week for work and I get a Ford every week for that reason. It makes my life so easy. I just hook my droid up to it and I can make calls, send e-mails, and listen to my music with out taking my hands off the wheel or whatever I am snacking on at that moment. I am a Chevy guy at heart but might buy a Ford just for that reason.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
blacktail rattler
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucdmcd View Post
Sorry to hear you're having issues. SYNC works great in my truck, but I only have the regular version (not touch). Have you tried logging into your account and checking for an update (ie, are you sure the dealer is actually updating the SYNC system)?
yep, we get a notice from ford and we take it in so I assume it gets done. Service manager says his days are full of sync issues, they have a full time tech whos job is mainly tech issues for sync I wonder if its the my-touch part of it? I am not a techie, I do know it is a hassle. I bought a new car to stay out of the dealership, not go there more often.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
ducksnbucks9
Chromer

I've had sync since 09 and never had a problem once. It's technology though, not everything is always gonna work. Also why go dodge? More money for less gas mileage, less power, and a weaker frame.
ducksnbucks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
Ucdmcd
Chromer

Quote:
yep, we get a notice from ford and we take it in so I assume it gets done. Service manager says his days are full of sync issues, they have a full time tech whos job is mainly tech issues for sync I wonder if its the my-touch part of it? I am not a techie, I do know it is a hassle. I bought a new car to stay out of the dealership, not go there more often.
Yikes--just did some searching for SYNC Touch problems. A lot of people seem to share your pain. Did Ford send you a software update on a USB drive last year? (1 article says that's what they were doing).

Anyway, the basic SYNC system is really stable and nice. Looks like Microsoft/Ford have some work to do on the Touch system.
Ucdmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
blacktail rattler
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksnbucks9 View Post
I've had sync since 09 and never had a problem once. It's technology though, not everything is always gonna work. Also why go dodge? More money for less gas mileage, less power, and a weaker frame.
dodge makes a nice truck but I am a ford guy too. I agree with you except fords are more expensive. I am just frusterated thats all. Sounds to me maybe its the my-touch thats the issue since I am the only one with problems, or the newer version?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
blacktail rattler
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucdmcd View Post
Yikes--just did some searching for SYNC Touch problems. A lot of people seem to share your pain. Did Ford send you a software update on a USB drive last year? (1 article says that's what they were doing).

Anyway, the basic SYNC system is really stable and nice. Looks like Microsoft/Ford have some work to do on the Touch system.
Yep did the usb thing more than once, and updates at the dealer in between.