More stuff.. Crying Wolf Movie - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Fish & Game Management

Old 01-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
DogZilla15
King Salmon

Default More stuff.. Crying Wolf Movie

I haven't read all that's here, maybe this has already been posted.

http://cryingwolfmovie.com/

DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
fishstik
Tuna!

Default Re: More stuff..

Interesting. I know there are some Ifishers that will argue some of this. thanks for sharing
CCA Member! I.D.#1367098
fishstik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Pwillie
Steelhead

Interesting stuff....thanks for the post
Pwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Wrk2hunt
Coho

Very interesting, thanks
Wrk2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Sauvie's Slayer
Tuna!

wow. good stuff
Sauvie's Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
luvs2fish
Tuna!

Excellent find!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
long_shot
Ifish Nate

That is awesome!!!! Shared it on my Facebook page!

Last edited by long_shot; 01-19-2012 at 05:46 PM.
long_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
flipperdog
Chromer

Nice! Nice to see a young intellect put forth thoughts, thoughts that would have been scrapped by our current educational system.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #9
Straydog
King Salmon

A well done, glitzy propaganda piece. But propaganda just the same.
The choir eats it up though.
Straydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straydog View Post
A well done, glitzy propaganda piece. But propaganda just the same.
The choir eats it up though.
To get a different perspective on this, would you mind explaining why you think it's propaganda? Is the data false? Are the facts not facts? This is not to call you out in a negative way. I'm just interested in your reasoning so I have more to base my conclusions. I'm a lover of wildlife but also support sustainability. Man has always been here (or some version of mankind) keeping things in check. Even if you don't eradicate all of the wolves, is there a method to keep them in check to protect the other wildlife that fall prey to the wolves and lastly, to protect the ranchers? Does it do any good to just take out some of them?
MsOutdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
Straydog
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsOutdrs View Post
To get a different perspective on this, would you mind explaining why you think it's propaganda? Is the data false? Are the facts not facts? This is not to call you out in a negative way. I'm just interested in your reasoning so I have more to base my conclusions. I'm a lover of wildlife but also support sustainability. Man has always been here (or some version of mankind) keeping things in check. Even if you don't eradicate all of the wolves, is there a method to keep them in check to protect the other wildlife that fall prey to the wolves and lastly, to protect the ranchers? Does it do any good to just take out some of them?
I haven't the time to dissect the whole thing for you, but the presentation, with the music and the quotes from extremists in the introduction, tell you right up front, it is a biased propaganda piece. And then double speak from ranchers, and other inclusions that show very well this is nothing but a propaganda piece.

He is selling his ideology and that is fine. But take it for what it is; propaganda sellig his idea of how things are, presented very professionally and with documentary tone to it.

As far as man always having been here keeping things in check, I respectfully disagree. Man is an animal too, and before there were so many human animals, things seem to keep themselves in check very well on their own, from what I know of history. Nature balances itself. Man has knocked that balance off track, and now is responsible for finding and maintaining the balance once again. And, sadly, for the most part we haven't done a real good job of that, to the harm of all animals, human or otherwise, in my opinion.

Last edited by Straydog; 01-20-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Straydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #12
flipperdog
Chromer

Man...and woman are here to stay. Now if we want to take any person who would unfortunately not want to be here. Well, I would just pray for their soul. Hopefully no takers. I rest my case.

Last edited by flipperdog; 01-20-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Kaint spel
flipperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
Eric Strand

Default crying wolf video - informative

I found this to be very informative....it's about an hour long.

Eric Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #14
Buglmn
Tuna!

Default Re: crying wolf video - informative

Watched this a few months ago. Give you a good idea of what these farmers are going through, and how their hands are tied.
Buglmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
thehide
Tuna!

Default crying wolf...........the other side of the story

Last edited by Don Becker; 02-19-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread. Ifish Staff
thehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
Meats
Steelhead

Default Crying wolf..............a must see

This has probably been posted before but its worth watching.
Enjoy.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
herring roller
Cutthroat

Default wolf movie from a kid in Montana

haven't seen this one here? Long but worth watching may need to fast forward a couple spots.

Love the part where he hugs the tree
herring roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
daiello91
King Salmon

Default Re: wolf movie from a kid in Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by herring roller View Post

haven't seen this one here? Long but worth watching may need to fast forward a couple spots.

Love the part where he hugs the tree
Thank you for sharing this
daiello91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #19
blueduck
Ifish Nate

Default Re: wolf movie from a kid in Montana

Thank you.....watched the whole thing.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #20
MulieMike
Chromer

Default Re: More stuff.. Crying Wolf Movie

42:20-43.00.....badabing badaboom!

First time i have seen this video and found the whole video to be very informitive and a eye opener for myself.
MulieMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
big foot
Steelhead

Default Cryingwolf , movie

Very informative movie , very long but well done http://www.lobowatch.org/
big foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
280_Ackley_Guy
Steelhead

I try not to get involved in the discussion of wolves because it does not matter which side is doing the talking you are going to find lots of untruths. I am curious how many have actually spoken with a biologist who is an expert on the wolf re-introduction?? a biologist who was part of the capturing and collaring of the wolves that were brought down from Canada?
People like this guy who did this crying wolf movie, people like Tony Mayer who have the website "saveourelk.com", they have an anti wolf agenda. If a person were to look at the actual numbers of wolf/cattle/sheep kills against what the ranchers are claiming, you would see the numbers just don't add up. At the last fish & game meeting in Boise, one of the leading biologist could not even come up with a number of how many wolves had been killed wore radio collars. Yes IDFG claims there are roughly under 800 wolves in Idaho and one of their own commissioners up in Northern Idaho claims there are at least 2000 wolves in Northern Idaho alone. Everything I have read, the people I have spoke with all tell different stories. Don't get me wrong the wolves need to be managed, but it seems that nobody can agree on an acceptable number. One side wants to manage them at "0" and the other side does not want any killed.
280_Ackley_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #23
SRO Greg
Coho

Default Crying Wolf Documentry

Thought these trailers were interesting enough that i bought his dvd. Check it out

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=rYY3lTa9G84

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...&v=X52Vbn024Ig

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=oBFtW3g2T44

Not trying to start a debate by any means just though more of you may like

Greg
SRO Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #24
IWP
Coho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280_Ackley_Guy View Post
I try not to get involved in the discussion of wolves because it does not matter which side is doing the talking you are going to find lots of untruths. I am curious how many have actually spoken with a biologist who is an expert on the wolf re-introduction?? a biologist who was part of the capturing and collaring of the wolves that were brought down from Canada?
People like this guy who did this crying wolf movie, people like Tony Mayer who have the website "saveourelk.com", they have an anti wolf agenda. If a person were to look at the actual numbers of wolf/cattle/sheep kills against what the ranchers are claiming, you would see the numbers just don't add up. At the last fish & game meeting in Boise, one of the leading biologist could not even come up with a number of how many wolves had been killed wore radio collars. Yes IDFG claims there are roughly under 800 wolves in Idaho and one of their own commissioners up in Northern Idaho claims there are at least 2000 wolves in Northern Idaho alone. Everything I have read, the people I have spoke with all tell different stories. Don't get me wrong the wolves need to be managed, but it seems that nobody can agree on an acceptable number. One side wants to manage them at "0" and the other side does not want any killed.
Great post!

I agree.

IWP
IWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #25
stone crab
Chromer

I have a serious question.
After reading how wolves, mountian lions and bears are going to be the end to all deer and elk pops so much on here I am wondering how they ever survived to begin with.
Before humans were here I mean. Is there a place where I can get historical numbers of wolves, mountian lions and grizzly popuations before modern man was here. I have searched a little and I don't really see any historical population numbers. Wouldn't those numbers of these predators be way higher back then than now? If so, how are there even any deer or elk left here in modern times without man killing all these horrible predators back then? Weren't there more elk and deer back the also?
In other words, how did these deer and elk populations survive throughout history without humans killing as many predators as possible?
stone crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #26
Metal Manipulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone crab View Post
After reading how wolves, mountian lions and bears are going to be the end to all deer and elk pops so much on here I am wondering how they ever survived to begin with.
Before humans were here I mean. Is there a place where I can get historical numbers of wolves, mountian lions and grizzly popuations before modern man was here. I have searched a little and I don't really see any historical population numbers. Wouldn't those numbers of these predators be way higher back then than now? If so, how are there even any deer or elk left here in modern times without man killing all these horrible predators back then? Weren't there more elk and deer back the also?
In other words, how did these deer and elk populations survive throughout history without humans killing as many predators as possible?
Add man to the mix as a preditor and the numbers decreased even more. Man wanted to have more game so the wolves were eliminated. The wolves also killed mans domestic livestock. Now days there is less land for the wild animals to live on. Man eliminated one of the preditors and managed the rest of the preditors and game to allow for harvest of game.

Another thing to rember is the preditor and game populations cycled in abundance and when the abundance became low in an area the preditors moved on and since they were gone the game numbers started to increase. Man devised a different plan. That plan is to not have the game numbers go through such drastic cycles in number. It is called wild game management. With the re-introduction of Wolves the number of allowable game harvest will diminish. Not a very good scenario for those who live in these areas that depend on wild game for part of their food source.
Morrage location Newport
Boat lady Irish

NW CUSTOM BOAT WORKS

nwcustomboatworks.com

WE BUILD CUSTOM ARCHES
Metal Manipulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #27
daiello91
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone crab View Post
Man wasn't a factor.

We didn't harvest "exess" population of ungulates. Predator and prey populations trended. Prey was abundant, predators were abundant. Prey was low, predators trended lower.

This isn't the only factor but it's a major factor. When ODFW allows the prey population to trend too low by improper management without trending predator population numbers lower you end up in a downward spiral.
daiello91 is offline   Reply With Quote