The 2012 Winter Steelhead Finally (Mega Pics) - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Guides and Charters > Guides and Charters Fishing Reports

Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
David Johnson

Thumbs up The 2012 Winter Steelhead Finally (Mega Pics)

Although I’ve still been slipping away and doing some steelhead trips it’s now getting to be full on springer season.
It’s no secret that despite some tough water conditions this winter went down as one to remember.
Steelhead are my favorite fish to pursue and after chasing them for 30 years they get more and more special to me than ever.
This winter I decided to focus less on the “hero” dead fish shots and try and collect more pics that celebrate the beauty of the fish, the smiles they generate, and some of the action they give.

Although I’ve still been slipping away and doing some steelhead trips it’s now getting to be full on springer season.
It’s no secret that despite some tough water conditions this winter went down as one to remember.
Steelhead are my favorite fish to pursue and after chasing them for 30 years they get more and more special to me than ever.
This winter I decided to focus less on the “hero” dead fish shots and try and collect more pics that celebrate the beauty of the fish, the smiles they generate, and some of the action they give.

So Fresh

Lots of Action

You may notice I carry two nets. One for C&R and one for keepers. The C&R net is made with soft mesh for no scale and slime loss.

But there is another reason to carry two nets Doubles!

I've kind of lost track of how many doubles we've gotten this winter but it is over a doz times.

We caught some trophy wild fish and some very nice hatcheries.

Smiles

One thing that I love about steelhead is you never know what you are going to catch. It could be a hatchery or wild, it could be dark, bright, hard fighting or a jumper.
I’ve been working on getting some close-up shots, both above and below the surface, to highlight how special these fish are.

Although I’m already looking forward to next winter season it’s springer time. I’ve booked up the next month of Willamette Springer season and then it’s on the tributary and coastal springers. I love these Chinook and you will too. Come out with me and experience the quality of these great fish.

One of the original "ifish" guides.

"Like" my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...5297?ref=br_rs

www.davidjohnsonsguideservice.com

fishermand@aol.com

503-201-4292

Guiding in the NW for 20 years

Last edited by David Johnson; 04-22-2012 at 02:36 PM.
David Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote