Fall chinook wrap onto steelhead - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Tackle Talk > Amerman Eggs and Guide Service

Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
Amerman
Ifish Nate

Default Fall chinook wrap onto steelhead

After having surgery on my wrist following my spring chinook season, I got a late start to my fall chinook season. I missed the first half of this fall Chinook season.

But when I got back to fishing, the fish made up for my time off. We had a great season. Bobber fishing was red hot in October and November.

This fall we had lots of double and triples and I managed to land my first ever Oregon bobber quad. All four guys in the boat cast out their bobbers, and within 10 secs all four bobbers went down, and we hooked a landed 4 keeper adults. Sorry I didn't get a picture; it was a total fire drill.

We caught some big fish this year:

By early November winter steelhead started showing up. By the end of November and through December there have been a good number of steelhead; it looks like it is going to be an awesome steelhead season.

So I am wrapping up my fall chinook season and switching over to winter steelhead now. I am sure we will catch a number of more chinooks but steelhead numbers have been great. I will be fishing steelhead from now through mid April, if you want to get out this winter steelhead season you need to call quick as I am booking up fast. Booking a steelhead trip is a great way to get on my client list to make sure you get called first for each fishing season.

Amerman is offline   Reply With Quote