Reloading supplies - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 03-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
stickflicker
Steelhead

Default Reloading supplies

I live on the westside an was just wondering where is the best place to buy reloading supplies (ie powder,bullets primers etc.)

stickflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
biederboat
Sturgeon

Default Re: Reloading supplies

Bi-Mart for the basics. Fisherman's and Wholesale Sports carry more but, at this time of year, can be a gamble for what's in stock. Wal-mart has also started to carry some basic stuff (less than Bi-Mart) but it might vary by store.

BB
biederboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 AM   #3
PGJPJ
Ifish Nate

Yep, you'll have a couple Bi-Marts over there in Aloha. They carry Winchester, CCI, and Remington primers. Just about the full spectrum of powders. Hornady, Nosler, and Sierra projectiles.

Some tools as well, but not too much.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
ehunter
King Salmon

Al's gun shop carries some powder and primers too. For equipment I usally order stuff from midway or on line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGJPJ View Post
Yep, you'll have a couple Bi-Marts over there in Aloha. They carry Winchester, CCI, and Remington primers. Just about the full spectrum of powders. Hornady, Nosler, and Sierra projectiles.

Some tools as well, but not too much.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #5
prkrgrp
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickflicker View Post
I live on the westside an was just wondering where is the best place to buy reloading supplies (ie powder,bullets primers etc.)
pm for info
shop on line the best deals are not at the retail stores
prkrgrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #6
StickFish
King Salmon

Location: Somewhere way past the bass clef. Often Tigard Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkrgrp View Post
pm for info
shop on line the best deals are not at the retail stores
Just remember that for powder and primers you are going to pay a $20 hazmat plus shipping. It only pencils out if you can't get anything locally. Also they will not ship primers and powder in the same box.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
baltz526
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickFish View Post
Just remember that for powder and primers you are going to pay a $20 hazmat plus shipping. It only pencils out if you can't get anything locally. Also they will not ship primers and powder in the same box.
Unless you are on some website email lists to get the promotions. 1/2 price hazmat and one price hazmat even if you order primers and powder is one. flatrate shipping on sale items is another. ballistic products midway cabelas are the main sites i order from. bimart and wharehouse sports for local. Nosler shooters proshop for bullets brass powder
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
dla
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickFish View Post
Yea they will. At least the online supplier I bulk order from will. I usually make a bulk order once a year or so. I believe you can get up to 48lbs in one box for one hazmat fee.

But when the supplies are normal, (not during ObamaScare), I can get small quantities of common stuff at Bi-Mart. But if you like Ramshot powders, Remington bullets, Tula primers, Aquila 22lr, etc. - you'll have to order online.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #9
DZ122/6
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickflicker View Post
Whadabout the new Fisherman's??
I would imagine they will stock the same components as the other store?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
blackdog
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ122/6 View Post
Whadabout the new Fisherman's??
I would imagine they will stock the same components as the other store?
Let's hope so. I've just been getting started into reloading and Bimart is great for powder, the Nosler bullets I've needed, and things RCBS, but if you need anything else, you're out of luck on the west side. Al's was great for service and advice, but you certainly pay for it at the cash register (at least on the few things I bought there). I bought a Lee hand primer at the Bend Wholesale Sports while I was over there recently, only to figure out when I got home to Beaverton, I needed Lee shell holders to go with it. So I was stuck either ordering online or driving clear across town to Fisherman's or Wholesale to get what I needed. So I'm hoping Fisherman's really concentrates on more than just fishing, but lots of hunting as well.
blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
ehunter
King Salmon

Yep I hope some time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
Let's hope so. I've just been getting started into reloading and Bimart is great for powder, the Nosler bullets I've needed, and things RCBS, but if you need anything else, you're out of luck on the west side. Al's was great for service and advice, but you certainly pay for it at the cash register (at least on the few things I bought there). I bought a Lee hand primer at the Bend Wholesale Sports while I was over there recently, only to figure out when I got home to Beaverton, I needed Lee shell holders to go with it. So I was stuck either ordering online or driving clear across town to Fisherman's or Wholesale to get what I needed. So I'm hoping Fisherman's really concentrates on more than just fishing, but lots of hunting as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
Bonecrusher 0.338
Tuna!

"Baltz526" is the man with the reloading components info. He got me some info. for my reloading with flat rate shipping and some great deals on line.
Bonecrusher 0.338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
DAB
King Salmon

I pick a lot of my supplies up when I am out in places like John Day Oregon, Burns Oregon, Bobs in Kelso WA. or other little shops I run across as I am out and about. You will be surprised how much you can find.

I buy a lot of non Hazmat reloading supplies online.

DAB
AT MY AGE I DON'T EVEN BUY GREEN BANANAS
Once a PARENT always a PARENT
WB7SRR just another ham radio dweeb General class
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote