IFish Fishing Forum banner

In Memoriam - Don Larson

35K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  ryleysmom 
#1 ·
Tuesday afternoon the Multnomah County River Patrol recovered and identified Don Larson from the Columbia River. Details of his death are not available at this time.

I have a lasting memory of Don as the best sturgeon fisherman I ever met. He loved the continuous action afforded by keeper sized fish. I am at a loss to express my sorrow adequately. I hope Don is in a place as beautiful and which brings him the joy he found fishing for stugeon in the Columbia River gorge.

Farewell, Don. Thank you for the years of fishing together.

[ 10-25-2002, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

See less See more
#2 ·
:depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed:

Sorry to hear it Pete. At least the waiting is over now!

[ 10-22-2002, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Miss B Haven ]

G
#7 ·
I'm sorry to see it end this way! I only fished with Don once but we had a good time and he really had a knack for hooking the coho with a pink worm set-up. My condolences go out to his friends and family. :depressed:

[ 10-22-2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Shane S ]

#8 ·
I'll be casting memories his way for a long time to come.

Man, I've lost too many fishing friends this year. :depressed:

It makes being out on the river all that more special to me. Lots of memories to visit, and greetings whispered into the wind.

Jen

#11 ·
I only met Don this past April. I was laid off about that time and I had the pleasure of fishing with Don quite often. Don, Pete, and I sometimes got out 2 or 3 days a week. We didn't catch as many as we would have liked, but we had some good times.

Don taught me quite a bit about strugeon fishing. He even shared his secret home brewed sturgeon scent recipe with me. I don't think I will ever be able to fish for sturgeon without thinking of Don.

Goodbye Don. Thanks for the memories. I will miss you.

[ 10-22-2002, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: brshooter ]

#14 ·
Well for the second time in a week I find myself sitting here without much to say other than we are all gunna miss you Don! And that if his family is reading this please try to take some comfort knowing that he went out in the place he loved the most! And I am truly sorry for your loss.

#21 ·
I never met Don, but communicated with him numerous times over the years on his discussion board. Yet another terrible loss this year.

I would like to express my deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Don is probably fishing for those heavenly oversized sturgeon even as we speak.

Don, you'll be missed.

#24 ·
Don, I have to believe the fishing is better on your side. When you came to the clearing at the end of the path you were doing the thing you loved to do the most.

:depressed: :depressed: :depressed:

God bless your family Don, you will be missed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.