IFish Fishing Forum banner

Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

14K views 48 replies 35 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Dear *username*,
Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:
Username: *username*
Password: *Randomly generated temp password*
To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*
If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.
All the best,
Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.
If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

#2 ·
Hello Everyone,

We wanted to give you an update on the reset password emails that went out yesterday. Due to the high volume of emails going out and some service providers blocking them as spam, users have either been getting them late, or not at all. If you have not received your password reset email please use the password reset function “forgot password”. These emails will go through a paid provider and should show up instantly. To do so just go to log in >> once it redirects you click forgot password >> follow the steps provided. If you do not remember the email address associated with your account you can use the contact us tab at the bottom of the page to email us for assistance. Please select the “other” option and add subject “security password issues”

We apologize for any disruption this has caused to your forum experience.

#21 ·
Those password requirements are downright stupid. 10 characters, numbers, upper case, lower case AND symbols? That is more strict that my f-ing bank!! Who is going to remember that kind password?

I'm am disgusted at the decision making process that led the Ifish team to do this. You should relax your password requirements. You have made a mistake.

Additionally, the garbage advertising of Progressive in the captcha is extremely annoying. It plays a very loud commercial which startled me and alerted everyone at work that I wasn't working!! ;) All joking aside. This is dumb and unnecessary.

Someone needs to pull their head out of their butt.

Chass
ct

#22 ·
Jesus F'ing Christ the people who run this site are dumber than a box of rocks! I don't need a password this complex for my bank, my 401(k), or my health insurance, but holy **** we better make the most complex password in the world for a freaking fishing website! Wouldn't want someone who wasn't me to start posting under my name, that'd be the end of the ******* world!

Oh, and let's make everyone change their password ever 365 days! Yet again something that isn't even required by my bank, my investment firm, or my insurance provider!

And they wonder why people use the same password across multiple websites or write them down on a sticky note beside their computer! Unbelievable!

#29 ·
Make sure you guys are meeting all the password requirements, 10 digits, mix of lower upper case, numbers, symbols, and I think you have to have the answer to the meaning of life and a quadratic equation in it also. Once you meet all the password requirements and have the old and new ones entered it let me go through.

Aluminumworksbyjd.com

#31 ·
Site will not let me change from random password. Have tried 3 times now. Cap / small / symbol and numbers. 10 total. This sucks. Might be enough to quit site.

Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.
If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

#33 ·
Hey guys,

I understand your concerns with this sudden, and seemingly aggressive change.

The article fails to mention that the breach was for a third party plugin.
This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours.

Their system was compromised and they grabbed user data for us and thousands of others.
We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security.
This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.

Hackers who have access to these accounts, may be able to access other platforms where the same email and/or passwords are used.
Other platforms have been compromised as well, including Twitter, Linkedin etc. We are just trying to get ahead of this, and nip it in the bud as soon as possible.

We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal level.

If there are any other questions/concerns/feedback, please feel free to post them here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Richard.

#34 ·
Thanks for the explanation but I don't buy for second that you needed to require passwords that complex or to require us to watch advertising to reset our passwords . . .

Chass
ct

#38 ·
Yep. The new password requirements are idiotic and unnecessary. I am an IT Coordinator and I deal with this on a daily basis. Ifish password requirements are now the most complex of ANY of my 300+ passwords. This is plain stupid.

Chass
ct

#40 ·
Hello Everyone,

Where are the "rules" that I must read and accept before I'm allowed to post again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.