IFish Fishing Forum banner

Wish me luck :)

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  joemomma 
#1 ·
I am headed to LBC in just a few hours. Going over Santiam pass and I hope to be fishing Lake Billy Chinook by Sunrise. I haven't been there for two years. Hopefully I will post a photo or two when I get back Sunday night. :pray:

Wish me luck,

Jimmy

#4 ·
Jimmy---- we were there about 8AM Sunday. Looked at the waves, watched a big sled launch and bounce in the surf, didn't see you, only 1 other rig in the parking lot at Cove Palisades. Too windy to troll in that stuff. We turned around and launched at Haystack Reservoir and fished for an hour or so. Not a bite. Hardly even marked anything on the fish finder.
Nasty wind everywhere. Much better day to watch football.
Hope you made it home safe.

#5 ·
After our trip over the pass with a tree down across the road and a semi truck blocking most of the road we arrived at LBC to find the lake calm. It was cold but I couldn't ask for a better day especially in January. We fished all morning without a bite and came in for a lunch break around noon. It was warm enough off the water to have lunch wearing a tee shirt. We went back out and fished til dark with out a fish all day. I did spot a lot of fish on my fish finder and a few kokanee balls. Even a few kokes jumping on the surface. The next morning was a lot different. High winds had made the lake pretty choppy. Instead of fishing down close to the deadline by the Metolius arm we decided to head up the Crooked River arm and try to get out of the wind. It was a bumpy ride but worth it for my fishing partner who caught a small brown which ended up being our only fish of the trip. I did have a fish on for a couple of head shakes but he broke my line. I will make another post about that. Anyway, loading our boat was not easy. The winds had picked up and the waves were breaking over the dock. After getting soaked we got the boat on the trailer. I will try to post a link to a small video of the wind waves at the dock. Saturday was great except for catching nothing and today is a day on the water I won't forget for a long time because of the wind. Going back super bowl weekend lets hope the catching is a little better.

Here is a photo from Saturday

Here is a photo of my fishing partner on the dock Sunday after we loaded my boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.