IFish Fishing Forum banner

Smoked Brisket

3K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  alwyze fishin 
#1 ·
I like slow cooked, mesquite smoked brisket. Texas barbeque. Well last weekend I cooked one up. Ten hours of slow cooking using wood in an offset cooker. It turned out excellent as usual. Only problem is I hardly had any for myself.

If I am going to go through the work I might as well do several at once. So that's what I am going to do this weekend. I can get probably three whole briskets in the cooker at once, maybe four.

I have never frozen any brisket but I would be using a Foodsaver to vacuum pack. Should I seal it up while still hot or let it cool down? I would hate to get freezer burn. Any tips on freezing?

I know there are plenty of smokers out there. You have to smoke more than just fish.

#32 ·
When I was looking for one I could not find the "right one" for my unit, well maybe I should say I thought they were way to much $$$$. I ended up making my own out of aluminum stock and nuts and bolts.....it works great and I can do 7 racks at a time. :cheers:

I just Google searched for one on line, I could not find one in town. :cheers:

#36 ·
The mart that is bi sells a propane smoker that is big and does an outstanding job on briskets, ribs, as well as smokes. Does that make sense?

Anyway it's a Smokey Mountain and runs off propane. It comes in two sizes and sells for around $170. They are frequently on sale for around $30 off.

Probably a little more than you want to spend, but I thought I'd throw it out there. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.