IFish Fishing Forum banner

Any Lower Willy Reports (Newberg to West Linn)?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MXRacer105 
#1 ·
Anybody fishing the Willy lately? The water is still high and a little dirty, but the temps are up to the mid-50s now, so its gotta be heating up. I need to prep my boat if I'm going to go out this weekend, but I just need to know if it seems worth the work this week.

#2 ·
a friend of mine went out to newberg for just a joy ride and a few casts. He got about 5 good sized fish were ever he could find slack water. He also reported to me two john boats parked in the yamhill, that were killing whatever they caught which were mostly smallmouth from what he could see...:palm:

#3 · (Edited)
a friend of mine went out to newberg for just a joy ride and a few casts. He got about 5 good sized fish were ever he could find slack water. He also reported to me two john boats parked in the yamhill, that were killing whatever they caught which were mostly smallmouth from what he could see...:palm:
Those idiots are out there every year, filling colors with every smallie they catch. Next time you (or you buddy) sees them, call the TIP line and turn their asses in.

Turn in Poachers
1-800-452-7888

As for the Willy, still high and getting higher this week (around 72k cfs on Saturday). It is a tough fishery when the water is above 40k cfs IMO. Find slack water and they may be stacked up in there.

#4 ·
As for the Willy, still high and getting higher this week (around 72k cfs on Saturday). It is a tough fishery when the water is above 40k cfs IMO. Find slack water and they may be stacked up in there.
Thanks. I was assuming it would be difficult. I will probably just focus on prepping my boat this weekend. I have some repairs/modifications to make anyways and I'm not sure I will have the time til this weekend to do so. Maybe in the next couple weeks it will be more worth it if the rain will go away for a while and they stop dumping water from the dams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.