IFish Fishing Forum banner

Wdfw hunting permits

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  waterbobber 
#1 ·
Has anyone looked online at the new special permit apps?
Did anyone else know they took the Margret unit off Quality Bull, and put it in the General Bull permit?
The Toutle tag remains a quality tag. To say there is going to be a lot of frustrated hunters is an understatement!

#5 ·
That should make for an interesting draw....

I am not happy about spending $281.10 on elk and deer tags and special permit apps for quality buck deer, buck deer, quality bull elk, moose for me and sheep for both the wife and I. :doh:

It would have been even more but I was not going to pay for a cow permit, bull permit, antlerless deer permit, goat permit, bear and cougar tags!!!
I can't continue to pay for all these permits and expect to hunt out of state, I got a feeling after I draw out in a few states I will just have to stay home and hunt more bears, at least you can shoot two!

#7 ·
I talked with the region 5 office last week and the reason for Margret going to a bull hunt is that some private timber company called Noble???something purchased 7000acres in the middle of the unit and it is unclear if they will allow any access to their land.

As for losing points...If you had points for elk/deer/etc priort to the change to quality/bull/antlerless you will not lose your points...ex if you had 10 pts in 2010 and did not apply in 2011 you still have 10 pts this year. also many dont realize that if you had points for elk prior to the change you had points for all the hunts equally. ex...10pt prior noew youll have 10 pts for quality, bull, and antlerless. if you draw quality you dont lose points in bull or antlerless. Hope this helps clear things up for some

#8 ·
I've always said I would only hunt washington because it's cheap. Maybe I'll only go on one out of state hunt/year and bag my home state. These fees are a joke. But I'll probably apply.

#11 ·
I'm starting to wonder about the cost also. Between the wife and I, it is damned expensive to buy special permits, tags, and God forbid multiseason tags on top of it all. Fishing licenses also went up, and $30 for a discovery pass that was covered until this year by the pass you get with your tags. It may very well be about the same for us to just go hunt out of state somewhere and just hunt general season here for a species or two.

#13 ·
I'm not sure what you meant about the Discovery Pass. You still get a Vehicle Access Permit that's good for two vehicles when you buy a hunting or fishing license. That permit is good for all WDFW lands, WDFW boat ramps, Wildlife access areas etc.. The WDFW Vehicle Access permit is not good at State Parks or DNR lands. The Discovery Pass is good at all state lands (DNR, WDFW, and WA STATE PARKS), and beginning this year, it's good for 2 separate vehicles.:twocents:

I'm starting to wonder about the cost also. Between the wife and I, it is damned expensive to buy special permits, tags, and God forbid multiseason tags on top of it all. Fishing licenses also went up, and $30 for a discovery pass that was covered until this year by the pass you get with your tags. It may very well be about the same for us to just go hunt out of state somewhere and just hunt general season here for a species or two.

#12 ·
Most states have raised prices a lot in the past few years, Montana went way up for non residents a couple years ago. Idaho did, Oregon did also. So it isn't just Washington. I did all my apps yesterday and also purchased my Multi season deer tag, also did points for my kids so it does add up pretty quick. Overall still cheaper to hunt in your home state over out of state fees. That said I still apply in 6 or 7 states. Glad they are spread out over the spring, wife might figure it all out if all the money had to go out at once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.