IFish Fishing Forum banner

NW Wild Country now on TV!

6K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  DaveyBoy 
#1 Ā·
My favorite outdoor radio program, Northwest Wild Country, is now simulcast live in Oregon and SW Washington on Comcast SportsNet Northwest.

For those of you not familiar with NW Wild County, it is hosted by Joel Shangle and Bill Herzog each Saturday morning from 6 to 8 a.m.
Channel 37 in most part of Oregon on Comcast. Frequest guests include Mike Perusse of G Loomis, Buzz Ramsey, guides David Johnson, Val Perry, Bill Swann, Jim Stahl, among others, top bass pros, the guys from Deadliest Catch, Tred Barta, and others.

Hopefully the simulcast will lead to even more on TV from the crew at Northwest Wild Country.

#6 Ā·
Howdy everybody. I'd certainly like to invite everyone to tune in: Four robotic HD cameras in the studio, another couple outside in the control room, and away we go with the in-studio hijinks.

I've had the pleasure of chatting with and meeting many of you in the crowd, but this new arrangement with Comcast SportsNet NW puts us in living rooms from Bellingham, WA to Eugene, and over to Spokane, so if you've been missing the show previously, welcome.

Chetco mentioned a couple of guests: David Johnson, for one, will check in this Saturday, and we'll start the coverage of the upriver fisheries. Drano lit up again today.

Saturday is opening day of trout season. We'd love to hear your on-the-water reports! Feel free to join the NWWC Trout Patrol. If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll give you the toll-free number and/or text info if you want to text it in.

Channel 179 in Washington, channel 37 from Southwest WA down to Eugene. You'll hear an iFish shout-out on Saturday, too.

Thanks everybody.

JS/NWWC

#12 Ā· (Edited)
Howdy everybody. I'd certainly like to invite everyone to tune in: Four robotic HD cameras in the studio, another couple outside in the control room, and away we go with the in-studio hijinks.

I've had the pleasure of chatting with and meeting many of you in the crowd, but this new arrangement with Comcast SportsNet NW puts us in living rooms from Bellingham, WA to Eugene, and over to Spokane, so if you've been missing the show previously, welcome.

Chetco mentioned a couple of guests: David Johnson, for one, will check in this Saturday, and we'll start the coverage of the upriver fisheries. Drano lit up again today.

Saturday is opening day of trout season. We'd love to hear your on-the-water reports! Feel free to join the NWWC Trout Patrol. If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll give you the toll-free number and/or text info if you want to text it in.

Channel 179 in Washington, channel 37 from Southwest WA down to Eugene. You'll hear an iFish shout-out on Saturday, too.

Thanks everybody.

JS/NWWC
i watched last weeks show and was a little dismayed at Bills attitude toward the Seahawks just wondering if he will be eating a little crow this week end?

#9 Ā·
01-08-2011 "Steelhead Roundtable" (with visual aids) had Duane Inglin and Bill Herzog going back and forth with the techniques and nuggets of knowledge to the point i had to delay the second half of the show in order to go back and absorb content from the first part. This episode will remain in my DVR archives for awhile:applause:

#11 Ā·
Hey Davey, thanks for tuning in! That little impromptu "round table" will lead into a super-detailed "Pro Cam" segment on the smallest little details/tricks to creating the perfect steelhead eggs this coming Saturday, Jan. 15.

This will be a detailed step-by-step, hands-on demonstration, with a tight camera focus that'll allow you to vividly SEE everything as Duane, Bill and I run you through the process.

Any other steelhead "Pro Cam" suggestions, folks? We're looking at the pink worm, jigs, etc. in coming weeks, but would like to serve up whatever y'all want.

Thanks, as always, for tuning in.

JS/NWWC

#14 Ā·
Thanks for the Support Davey, and the request. We'll see in the next few weeks, if we can work that into a segment. I'm out of studio tomorrow, however the following week Jan 22nd, Herzog and I will discuss Bait Preparation.. Creating Steely Candies and how to do final prep on our eggs prior to hitting the river.
Fishing eggs fro Salmon and fishing eggs for Steelhead, are two completely different offerings, however often times guys will fish the same type of egg for both. We're going to show you how to prep them the right way.
Be sure and tune in, and for anyone else keep the "Procam Request" coming here, or Email me at Dinglin5@comcast.net, or Joel at Joel@nwwildcountry.com

FireFish...

#16 Ā·
Bill published a paragraph on Maraschino Cherries and how west coast biologists after one month found these to be the only "bait" they offered that captive steelhead would take under all varying temp and light conditions and not spit out. Any updates on the effectiveness of cherries in the real world and how to present them on a hook?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.