IFish Fishing Forum banner

2013 Springer Season Wrap Up (w/pics!!!)

13K views 44 replies 42 participants last post by  activpop 
#1 ·
Well, it was another fruitless year. :doh:

We went 0 for 0, for a total of 102 hours fishing Since January 1. My fishing buddy Forrest got 2 colds and one flu so far. I've had one flu, and one cold. Not bad, eh. :applause:

It was pretty cold fishing near the 205 bridge, we often had to dig out the boat after sitting on the hook too long.

I've fished it for 8 years now from January 1 to January 15 (peak time) without even one bite though, and we're using pretty high tech lures too.

(and before you flame, we pinched the barbs on all the hooks)

I blame our 8th skunk season in a row to the dams, and the sea lions and birds and nets and environment and the tides and the moon and pollution and the crowds and the hatchery fish that are too dumb to bite my internet lures, and that doesn't even count all the fish slaughtered by thoughtless little kids throwing ROCKS in the water (which I see all the time) :palm:

(no doubt, dead fish)

Next year Im not even going to start fishing for springers until January 15th.

Oh well.....couple more weeks and its Summer Steely Time!

:meme:

See less See more
#19 ·
That little TWERP is EVERYWHERE!!!!! Last time I saw him he was standing on the banks of a little creek while I'm trying to get Brown Trout to eat a size 22 dry fly!!!!!! He has ruined MORE fishing trips!!!!!!

Yup, This springer season has SUCKED!!!

As I pulled the boat home tonight and almost spun out on the ICE in the sharp corner on Cornelius pass I was thinking the same thing!!!!

I'M DONE!!!!!!

#25 ·
Why not kicking off your 2013 Tuna season next week?
Go get 'em.

#26 ·
I nominate this for funniest thread of 2013 and dare anyone to top it. We need more of this on the board.:applause:

Isn't "OPPORTUNITY" great!

I am going to kick of my springer season in a couple of weeks. If I don't get a couple by the end of February I am saying screw it and heading down to Rainier to start my URB's season in March.:pray:

By the way, I am heading down to Astoria this Saturday to try for some coho at bouy 10 and have an open seat if anyone is interested?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.