IFish Fishing Forum banner

Best Weiner in Portland?

8K views 44 replies 39 participants last post by  the_dude 
#1 ·
Just watched a show on OPB and seen a mess of good looking hot dogs from almost everywhere in the states except Portland metro area. The show was from 1999 but still got me hankering for a good ol dog for lunch today?

Roakes is about the only place I can even think of.

#13 · (Edited)
He said Portland. I agree. I love Otto's. But I never have one there. I always buy a dozen and bring them home. Either steamed or (newly) spiral cut and cooked on the MAK, the dogs are just magic. Fortunately for me, it's a 5 minute walk.

Now, if I can expand nationally, Rutt's Hut in Clifton, NJ. It's deep fried. Period. I miss them, but don't want anyone to try to replicate it.

#21 ·
I know it's not Portland but Roakes on McLaughlin blvd in Milwaukee is my choice!! I live in McMinnville and never miss a chance to stop and get a coney there.

#23 ·
Otto's chicken dog with all the trimmings is the bomb.

#42 ·
Sorry it took so long to reply, been busy vacationing and such. No go on the trade...my kids and I don't care for pickled fish and I think they are going to finish the smoked tuna any day now. Good healthy treats!! Time for me to go look for some jumpers to catch so Otto's can smoke up some more.:meme:

#38 ·
For a dog to make it as one of the best you have to have consistent quality buns. Nothing better and more American than a good dog with fresh bread topped with mayo, relish and onions.:flag2: I will have to give Otto's a try next time I am in Portland.

#40 ·
No need to pack a lunch. Will have the owner and crew from the shop on the boat friday. Guarantee lunch will be spectacular. Hopin for some liverworst and pumpernickle. WHATEVER HE BRINGS IT WILL BE GOOD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.