IFish Fishing Forum banner

Scents?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mkwerx 
#1 ·
So I just won a bottle of shrimp gel scent and my first though was to put some yarnies in it the night before I head out and dead drifting them like I normally would, what is everyone's thought on this?

#3 ·
Whew. Thought this was gonna be a thread about drenching flies in sent. I was about to yell blasphemy. Sent and yarnies is cool though, and a proven fish catcher. Can't say I haven't done it.

#4 ·
When you're done w/ the scent soaked yarnies - I'd wash them off really well and dry them out before putting them back in with my other flies - or I'd put them in their own zip lock bag or their own fly box. That scent stuff turns rancid after a while and will smelly-up your other flies, not necessarily for the better!

A mild solution of liquid dish soap and warm water works well to remove the scent gel when you're done.

Tight lines!

#5 ·
Don't worry trophytaker I'm not that desperate yet maybe if I skunk next season I'll see what happens with some wolleybuggers ;)

Thanks mkwerx for the info knowing me I woulda put the right back where they cam from. I'll definitely keep them separated once the scent goes on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.