IFish Fishing Forum banner

what do you wear under your waders?

10K views 54 replies 49 participants last post by  fish4brains 
#1 ·
for pants? ive read a lot on feet but i dont know what pants i should wear.

#41 ·
I think what most fishermen are calling fleece is better known to Cabela's as wader liners. They are usually fleece with a stirrup on the bottom so they don't pull up when you put your waders on. They are really warm and also work well under hunting bibs. I haven't tried the UnderArmor, but it looks pretty good also.

#43 ·
Patagonia Capilene 3's (High Tech Long Underwear) good to about 30 degrees under my breathables, and very comfy. Below that temp, then I got some cheap fleece pants. Don't like the more bulky fleece pants though, as they bunch up too much 4 me.

#48 ·
This is getting repetitive... :)

UnderArmor, and fleece pants.

I have a few pairs of fleece pants of various brands and styles, but just got some killer ones from Cabela's that look like cargo pants, only have stirrups for your feet and velcro tighteners for the ankles...get to the takeout, pull up the boat, and when you take off your waders all you have to do is put on your shoes.

Once you undo the tighteners, they look like regular pants, with pockets...no more wandering around looking like a dork in tight fitting fleece pants, or having to change out of your fleece, too, before driving away!

Fish on...

Todd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.