IFish Fishing Forum banner

New Guy...

1K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  sinkerhead 
#1 Ā·
Alright, I'm a newbie to the site. I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months now but have finally taken the plunge and registered. The way I understand it is that most new guys/gals begin with a quick introduction and fishing story. So, here goes mine.

I've fished off and on since I was a teenager. I always enjoyed it, but never really got "into" it. Then, about 3-4 years ago, something snapped and I fell in love with the sport. I've got a couple buddies with boats who I tag along with whenever I get the chance. Unfortunately for me, that's not nearly enough. Most of the time I end up hitting the water alone and fishing from the bank.

I've caught a lot of salmon from the boats. Hooked up quite a few sturgeon as well. Unfortunately, I've yet to claim the life of any steelhead (either from a boat OR the bank). Came close once, fishing from the bank of the Kalama River. I got it right up next to my feet and everything. Then the excitement got the best of me and made me get sloppy. I dropped the tip of my rod so I could bend down to scoop up my prize. As soon as I did that, Mr. Steelie saw an opportunity and took it. He spit the hook and split.

My goal this year is to hit the water hard for Winter fish... maybe even get to tag a few! I'm hoping that with some tips and advice from the rest of you, I'll well exceed my goal!! :)

Hope this was a sufficient opening, and thanks in advance for all the help!!

Mike

See less See more
#10 Ā·
Welcome to IFish Mike, the greatest thing since the invention of the fishing pole:D. I also have hooked into a steelie or two but yet to get a bonker to the bank. Good luck and let us know when you git 'er done! You found one of the best resources to help you achieve your goals. :)

#13 Ā·
Welcome to ifish. Lots of good things here. People and advice, tech tips and just our lives in general to discuss. Fishing reports are always fun and remember with out pics it did not happen.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.