IFish Fishing Forum banner

Unexplained Sounds Heard Worldwide

7K views 53 replies 45 participants last post by  Troutinator 
#1 ·
Have you guys heard about this? Here in Central America a very loud sound was heard in mid-January by many people including my family members. People are very curious and it has been on the news the last few days. No one is offering a plausible explanation (on the local news).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ2ZcmMxehk&feature=share

HAARP weapon? Thoughts?

#13 ·
Seriously guys, this has been reported around the world. People down here are mystified. Has it made the news there at all?

Looks to me like the same sounds generated by the HAARP weapon. If that is the cause I wish they would admit it. Maybe that is why it isn't getting the US play...

#19 ·
A few years ago, there was a strange sonic boom over Vancouver. I heard it as I was heading out to my truck for work early that morning. They never could explain exactly what it was, though they thought it may have been a meteorite.

#20 · (Edited)
I read in one of the comments on the youtube video someone suggesting that this is viral web marketing for a video game that is due out in March (Mass Effect 3?) I did a google search on it, and I was brought to a wikipedia sight about the game series. From the marketing section:

"To promote Mass Effect 3, BioWare relied heavily on viral marketing. Using an internal channel called BioWare Pulse, weekly videos were posted on the company's official website and YouTube offering fans a preview of upcoming content."

I know nothing about the game, or if that is what this video is for, but if the video is real, that is freaky! I did another search on the topic and we have...you guessed it...a blog! The last video is supposed to be from Oregon, but I didn't hear it. http://strangesoundsinthesky.com/

#22 ·
There are so many things being developed today that will not be released for years. Weapons development is thirty years out. Look at the new F85 Fighter AC that can stop in mid air and reverse directions. A couple of years ago that was UFO, and it had probably been in flight development for 20 years prior to that.

I was at Beale AFB in 1962 when the Blackbird was being developed. Nothing could fly as high, and fast as that thing but not until 1965 was it even admitted to being in existence. We weren't even allowed to talk about it to each other, much less our families. Some of it is still classified.

Perhaps a new generation of propulsion has been developed that can exceed speeds never imagined. So do you suppose that would set up harmonics over a wide area?

If it is indeed a signal of the end, find a high spot sit back and enjoy the show. :bigshock:

#31 ·
Call me an atheist but I think that there has got to be an explanation as logical as Spock. Maybe the sound wave is bouncing off the earth's surface and the atmosphere like radio waves creating "skips" where people hear nothing and other places that the sound is quite loud.

I suspect that it is our covert defense department at work and wish they would just fess up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.