IFish Fishing Forum banner

does the hot weather affect the bite

14K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Incredible_Bulk 
#1 ·
was wondering if anyone knew if the hot weather lately affects fishing and if so if there is any suggestions to improve the odds

#2 ·
Fishing for what? It does not to seem to affect the bite where I fish! You just need to match your gear with the conditions!

#4 ·
Last week I was fishing a well known portland river in full sunshine 90 outside and 100s of rafters floating by and saw fish being caught right from underneath them as said above it is about matching gear and location I had one part of it right but not the other I caught nothing but trout..........:passout:

#5 ·
I think the weather affects a fisherman's ability to comprehends a situation. It seems like big game fish bite "better" in better weather but this theory is hit and miss for me. 2 sundays ago i caught 2 steelies at 5 pm during a downpour. Last sunday i caught 1 steelie in perfect weather. The gear, knowledge, and bait is what gets them.

#11 ·
Echoing the above sentiments regarding the water temperature. At high water temps at or greater than about 65, the dissolved oxygen starts becoming an issue. You'll find the fish in a lot faster water, more bubbles, etc.. so with regards to the bite turning off... no, not necessarily, but productive holes in higher/colder water situations will not be as productive which could be perceived as the bite turning.

Tight lines,
Bulk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.