IFish Fishing Forum banner

The Ultimate Bummer (Warning- Whine and Cheese)

1K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  CATCH AND EAT 
#1 ·
Background Info (for those of you who don/t know me or my situation):

I have been basically out of action for two years (moving our farm/life of 20 plus years).

For the last year, I have had exactly 2 days on my boat (running it home for the winter in 2004) and 1 fishing trip (thanks Kamloops). Those who do know me well would know that in past seasons my wife (Tuni) would keep a calendar marked for all the days I spent at the boat and fishing (isn't blackmail against the law?). If I remember the thrashing I got... in 2002 and 2003 I missed a total of 4 weekends between first of July and end of October (TUNA! Season). I'll miss you when I get home honey...promise! :hoboy:

Now for the real story..... Since I (and more than a few of my salty friends) have spent the last year building a nice new stable/arena barn for my wife and giving up everything I love besides her (yes I really do love you no matter what I say...just in case she lurks :help:) she decided that this is a good time to take her Mother and her best girlfriend on a vacation to Cabo (since I burned all my vaca building :argue:).

So....after almost a week of ME being single and ME dealing with the FARM and ME getting no sleep... here's the story....(I promise... this is the real fishing story).....

Tuni had the entire trip set up in advance except for the boat day on Mar De Cortez. She wanted a charter boat for a day but NO FISHING (ya right.. in Cabo and during the Bisbee :hoboy:). When she left that was the only thing that was hanging on the itinerary. The phones have been down in Cabo (get used to it if you do Mexico) since last weekend and I finally got a call tonight.

She got the boat cruise (NO FISHING ALLOWED)set up with somebody and of course, they couldn't leave the dock without a couple live baits (no blame there huh?). It sounds like they had a nice cruise (with the boat dragging lures...who can blame them even though they aren't FISHING) when the girls spotted a fin! :dance: Upon notifying the Skipper and then the deck hand throwing one of the live baits, they promptly hooked up and Tuni's Mom (Seniorita Grandma) got to reel in a 110 lb Marlino! :bigshock:

Now my real question for you Salty Dogs is...who knows a good lawyer who can make this into a case of cruel and unusual punishment and get me off the farm and down to Cabo rapido!

PS- I'm sure more is to come with pictures and more whining after she gets home. :help: :smash:

Luv ya Hunny....maybe! :grin:

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow Mel, you had me worried. Until I got to the part about Mom in Law hooking the fish I thought you were gonna tell us you were going to get rid of the boat due to lack of use. :jester:

Glad Tuni & co. managed to a nice boat ride even thought they weren't fishing. :laugh:

#4 ·
Hey, I thought there was an unspoken Salty Dog rule that one can't complain when somebody else catches a fish! (even if it is your mother in law on a trip with your wife when you aren't there!)

So, next summer you should be able to fish EVERY weekend from June through September. Building a horse barn & arena is a major honey-do and you've earned lots of fishing time.

#10 ·
Hey Mel, if you had only built a barn and not Trump Plaza you could have fished this year. Congrats to Mamma Mrs. Ms. B. Haven on the marlin. :bowdown:

#12 ·
Im just damn glad my wife doesnt like barns or the animals that go in them...

Youll get em next summer Miss B.
Im sue the wife knows she is running out of leverage... Maybe.... ??? id. p.

#13 ·
Actually the wfie keeps telling me to take a break but then she doesn't stop to think what winter will be like around here with no gutters/drainage or freeze resistant (note- nothing is freeze "proof") water system ....everything is running off about 100 feet of garden hose. Could be a real winter wonderland around here. :help:

I'm about there though! I'd like to spend at least 3 months of weekends (Jan/Feb/March?) just working on Miss B. Too bad I can't even remember where she is moored! :bigshock: :jester:

#15 ·
:bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock: That marlin has some BIGGGGGG lips, and its hairy too! :bigshock: :bigshock:

For a fee, I can show some other pics as well! Did I tell you about the wedding crashers????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PeterMac

#16 ·
Hey Mel, don't feel bad. I did not get out as much as I wanted either this year.

I would say if you build the barn, thats next year fishing :cheers:
and
The arena would be worth the the 2007 season :dance:, just build the gutters and the plumbings and you should be set for awhile.

#19 ·
she decided that this is a good time to take her Mother and her best girlfriend on a vacation to Cabo (since I burned all my vaca building ). :argue:
Why do I find it hard to believe you had no vacation :shrug:

Tell Aaron you need some time off...... By the way..... Take me Tuna fishing next year......

#20 ·
KHH- What's Aaron got to do with it? Other than the fact he takes a sabbatical every year? That guy spends more time off work than on work. I'll have to "work" on that. :grin:

#21 ·
Mel, I obviously want Aarons job.... Doesn't he spent more time in Mexico than Oregon :hoboy: :hoboy: :hoboy:

And he doesn't even fish..... I thought you also worked for him given everytime he is out and I get his Out of Office memo, he says to contact you regarding EWS BS.....

By the way..... Take me tuna fishing next year.....

#24 ·
Re: The Ultimate Bummer (Warning- Whine and Cheese

I am sure she will be nice and let you do something real nice for all your hard work. Like cleaning those horse stalls, feeding the horses. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Scuba

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.