IFish Fishing Forum banner

Non-Ultra Lemon Joy - Buy or Not?

14K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  wabowhunter 
#1 Ā· (Edited)

If I happened to find a supply of ā€œNon-Ultraā€ Lemon Joyā€¦ and it was 99 centsā€¦ should I buy a bunch?

Just curiousā€¦:what:

Shawn

#8 Ā·
If I happened to find a supply of ā€œNon-Ultraā€ Lemon Joyā€¦ and it was 99 centsā€¦ should I buy a bunch?

Just curiousā€¦:what:

Shawn

I ran out of lemon joy and went to the dollar store to replenish my supply of soap and bait containers (tupperware type products). The store was out of lemon joy but had lemon ajax. It was getting late and I didn't have time to got to another store. I took the leap of faith and bought the Ajax. I used it the next day when I was springer fishing and the boat limited out. Bottom line, cleanliness is the ultimate goal and it worked just fine.

I recommend stocking up on the non-ultra Lemon Joy. It'll work just fine.

#11 Ā·
Oh NOOOO!

Not this debate again!!! LOL

Just wash your hands!!! Use gloves if you really want to keep your stink off your bait/lure. Ultra -vs- non is a non issue!!
use lava handsoap for all the fish care. It's YOU they don't want to smell.

I fished for 20 years before I EVER washed my hands while fishing. I caught plenty of fish. In this day of highly competative fishing, everyone is looking for that "edge". Think of some of the "scents" that have been productive, ie WD-40. If you can spray that crap on your lure and catch fish, what does that say about a fish's sense of smell. They smell in parts per billion but it's YOU they are afraid of. YOU are considered a predator to the fish and it affects thier behavior.

Wash your hands in whatever soap you want and you're golden!:twocents:

#12 Ā·
oh noooo!

Not this debate again!!! Lol

just wash your hands!!! Use gloves if you really want to keep your stink off your bait/lure. Ultra -vs- non is a non issue!!
Use lava handsoap for all the fish care. It's you they don't want to smell.

I fished for 20 years before i ever washed my hands while fishing. I caught plenty of fish. In this day of highly competative fishing, everyone is looking for that "edge". Think of some of the "scents" that have been productive, ie wd-40. If you can spray that crap on your lure and catch fish, what does that say about a fish's sense of smell. They smell in parts per billion but it's you they are afraid of. You are considered a predator to the fish and it affects thier behavior.

Wash your hands in whatever soap you want and you're golden!:twocents:

amen !!!!

#16 Ā·
My only issue with the Ultra Joy is that it is too concentrated and is hard to rinse off. I just buy it and cut id own with water in another bottle. Keeping clean is what matters. And it smells nice. :)
Yeah, I've got this foo foo french soap that I use. I get it free from work. It's nice and lemony but it comes off in cold water!!!!!!!!
That is the biggest problem with dish soaps. They are meant to be used in hot water!!:twocents::twocents::twocents:

use any soap you can get off in cold water..................................
wear gloves

#17 Ā·
Fish are unattracted to human scent so keeping your bait without human scent is very important! There have been studies proving this claim time and time again! I have been told that the ultra Lemon Joy has more harsh chemicals in it and that the fish can tell the difference than plain lemon joy. I don't think that plain lemon joy is being produced anymore because it is hard to find. I have went so far as to produce a gentle soap with minimal chemicals and added some of the most popular scents and it sure seems to work for me! Don't want to plug myself but there it is anyways since it was on the topic of this thread!!! Sorry! To answer the question get the plain stuff if it was up to me!:twocents:

#19 Ā·
Is this scientific based or plain old supersticious? I've used all three, regular Lemon Joy, Ultra and Lemon Ajax. None worked better or worse than the other:twocents:

Now, I might have some concern with the Banana Joy or the Ultra Banana Joy:whistle:

#20 Ā·
What is the difference in the non-ultra and ultra? I have used both and can't tell much difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.