IFish Fishing Forum banner

Status of floatilla 3

2K views 55 replies 26 participants last post by  Osprey 
#1 ·
What is the status of this weeks Floatilla 3. Is it still on? If so where is going to be held? Cowlitz, NF Lewis, Satsop? Looking for details.

Thank You

#4 ·
I still am hoping to go, but I can't find an open seat. I also have a db boat but don't know other people that want to go. I still don't know the area or where we're going yet. Will need to make final plans soon so I can plan to go or not.

Smily

#5 ·
Smily, I will keep you posted. I may have a seat in my boat etc. I saw your post from a couple of weeks ago today. As soon as I get information on the floatilla I will let you know.

Pete
Stz ll

#7 ·
The Satsop is dead low. I haven't heard from my "scouts" if there are any fish there yet. Fished the lower Chehalis on Sunday and bagged 2 silvers, one 15 lbs. one 8 lbs. Saw quite a few nets flying throughout the day, but the bite was sporadic.

You can put a drift boat on the Chehalis at Satsop and take out at Monte, but it's a pretty long stretch through some froggy water if the tide isn't running out. (High tide is at 4:30 on Saturday). There are fish there, but not in big numbers yet. I did see some dandy silvers taken last weekend, and a few kings as well.

From what I've heard, the Cowlitz hasn't been all that hot, either. There are fish there, too, but the bite has been spotty.

Fargin' rain.........never rains when you want it to, only when you don't.

G
#10 ·
I've heard and read that guys with driftboats do not want to float the Cowlitz. And it has been slow lately. It's up to the Washington guys, but my suggestion at this point would be to put back the date to a Saturday in late October when the rains are more likely to have arrived. They had better arrive!!! And it will take more than just a little rain to get the river to where we would like it because the ground is like a dry sponge right now. With enough rain the the Satsop can satisfy most everyone I think? If you WAs decide it's still to be this coming weekend it seems that the choices are among 3 big rivers - Chehalis, Cowlitz, or NF Lewis? Post your input.

RT

#11 ·
Just bringing this to the top for STZII I can't go on Saturday, so STZII and Drahcir might have a seat open for this Saturday. I have a roof to clean up after the replacement of the new one. This job is now complete

#13 ·
I am ready for the 6th. So I vote for the Cow or the N. Fork. Unless........the Clackamas is a good bet from Barton. Lots of fish and I think we could find enough biters to get a few in each boat. I just thought that I should throw that out there. I don't really want to change the date. I say this trip is planned and most have commited to this date so, we go on the 6th and plan another trip later in October.

#14 ·
Im for moving it to a later date. Im not able to go this coming weekend, Family members requested my time. So I had to change plans. Besides that, Im not hearing anything good from the 3 rivers that were candidates for the Slaughter on the water.
If the weather stays dry too long, we could shoot for the Elk or Sixes in mid november

#15 ·
RT, I'm for a latter date too. I had a friend of mine die this Sunday and the funeral is Saturday morning. I told Spooled already so that he could get someone to fill my seat. Sure was looking forward to fishing with you guys and show them Washington dude who rules.

I am also disappointed that I didn't get to try my new on the market pink procured worms and top water Coho Gear.
Just teasing a little. Sorry T-Bay did'nt produce for you. Fishing is pretty stagnent right now. RAIN DANCE TIME. Send a check to me for $35,000 and I guarentee that it will rain in the next two weeks.

Bernie

#16 ·
I know that some of the people are for moving the date and some of the people have made plans for this Saturday and cannot make a date later in the month. One thing that we could do is for those that want to fish together Saturday is to do the Cow and go ahead and plan another day later in the month (say the 27th) to fish the Satsop/Chehalis. As for me I can and will fish both dates. How many guys want to fish Saturday???
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff

#17 ·
Jeffhead-

Like you even had to ask.

Cowlitz scout here - the bite has been slow slow slow up top around the Barrier. But, ya know how that river is.

DanS, I'll get you a scout report this weekend.

#19 ·
I like the looks of a later date myself. Like I said, there are some nice fish in the Chehalis, but they're just now startting to enter the system. The Chehalis water was like bath water, and with a little rain and cooler temps, the bite should really turn on.

I have the 27th open if you guys would like to shoot for that date on the Satsop. With the fish arriving like they are, that should put us smack in the middle of some good numbers of fish.

I'm not dragging my driftboat to the Cowlitz, but I'd like to tag along if anybody is dropping their sled in there on Saturday.

This weather....
. Gimme some rain, dammit!

#20 ·
If its later in the month and on a saturday I'm OUT I'll be hunting more then fishing!!My hunting pardner can't get any time off this year to hunt so we will be hunting every weekend...TM

G
#23 ·
Ah crud, I'm getting my hair done on the 27th. Not. That sounds like a good day to pencil in for the 'Sop, and hope it's 'right' by then, and should be. It better be raining by then! And Jeff, our crew is still planning on fishing this Saturday too. Let's stay in touch via e-mail and the BBs. You and Mike ('Yall) can let us know which area of the Cow is producing best by late this week, and suggest a meeting area. We can have a fun get together of sledders, and driftboaters with kicker motors (or no motors). In my opinion, fishing is too eratic right now for any contests/prizes. But not for having fun.

My condolences Bernie. Take care and we'll have ya out on another day.

RT

#24 ·
I know that this is my first post but I have been watching this site for over a year.
If it would be ok I was wondering if I could include my boat in the float if I can get home from school. i haven't floated the Satsop(I am mainly a nooch guy) But I would like to give it a try. Tight lines.

#25 ·
The Satsop historically got chrome silvers all the way into January. Late October is prime time if the rains cooperate. Chrome fish will enter with each blowout, and as soon as there is a foot or two of visibility, LOOK OUT! Chum will be there in force in late Oct. also. While they may not be that much to look at, or eat, (you can't keep them anyway) they will rip your silver gear up! There should be plenty of kings available as well. Some chrome, some not so chrome, it all depends, but they still bite plugs and eggs, and some are fairly large. I always thought that later in the month would have been better as far as fish numbers go, but the OLY crew probably knows that river better than I, so I didn't dispute their info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.