IFish Fishing Forum banner

Hunting Boots

5K views 40 replies 35 participants last post by  jasonbartosz 
#1 ·
I am needing a new pair of boots. Have had 3 pair of Danner Pronghorns and all 3 leaked. Anyone have opinions on Lowa, Kenetrek or Filson.

#38 ·
My new Danner Pronghorns just passed the test in the soaking Alaskan tundra and cold river crossings. My buddy likes them too.

The last ones lasted four years.

Won't change. Lightweight and strong.

BU

#39 ·
I have had very poor luck with Danners. I have had several pair, and they all have leaked at some point , the last pair was within the first 15 minutes on a turkey hunt in wet grass.
I called Cabela's, where I bought them, and they suggested their Outfitter boots. I sent the Danners back in exchange for the Outfitters(I also had a big credit because the Outfitters were much less $$$.). I have never been so happy with a pair of boots. I would have paid much more for them, but I didnt need to.
:flag2:

#41 ·
In my experience with hiking and mountaineering boots, some people seem confuse leaky boots, with water being wicked in from their pants and socks. The only way to take care of that problem is to wear gators over your boots.
The toughest pair of boots I have ever owned are La Sportiva Trango boots. They way a ton, but they have made it up several peaks in Oregon (including Mt. Hood twice) and still don't show the wear. I would only recomend them for people that hunt cragy terrain that may need to use ropes.

:twocents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.