IFish Fishing Forum banner

Official 2012 Springer Report Thread-Willamette

260K views 752 replies 300 participants last post by  wack0 
#1 Ā·
Enough talk of the Big River--how about the reports from the truly sporting angler plying the water of the Big Muddy?? I've heard of more than a few.

#31 Ā·
Oregon City, above 205, 6:30-2:45, 20 some boats in view,anchor and backtrolling,.... only saw one landed by boats, no hookups seen, and saw one Steelhead by the group on the bank before we quit. Seals did ok finding their fish, not sure what fisherman's issues were!:palm:

#32 Ā·
Some serious carnage today on the Willamette. We only managed one...caught it on the turn of the tide under the Marquam Bridge. Saw three netted in the hour we fished the Hawthorne Bridge area --- nothing behind Ross Island. Had a very reliable report that Sellwood produced, at least for a friend who went 4 for 6 last we talked. Another friend whacked 'em in front of Fred's and he said there had been a decent bite in the morning. Talked to a couple guides who had limited and were headed out with their second load of passengers. Headed out tomorrow to fish the Big C. Good fishing to all.

#33 Ā·
Fished near the mouth of the multnomah channel with the other 100+ boats. Pretty busy for a Friday. Trolled the first 4 hours of the day without any luck. I was using green and/or green and red flashers with green label cut plug herring died blue. Achored up for another 4 hours, tried kwik fish, and one of those new hawg nose flat fish wrapped with sardine and tuna. Nothing for me. My sonar was busy today, marked tons of fish. I saw the same boat land two within an hour around 10.

I'm going to stay at it all weekend.

#36 Ā· (Edited)
Awww it's only a Steelhead........... Just kidding....we were actually targeting Steelhead, but saw a few Chinook taken by the hogline not too far away. Fished the Willamette from 7am - 2pm in shallow water. Ended up with an early strike that didn't stick and this one in the box shortly afterward.

#40 Ā·
1 for 2 on the river 5 hrs. cookie cutter springer but man it does feel good to boat a fish after the columbia grind, green fish flash green plug cut 6oz 20 pulls was the number that hit chrome friday, the board at freds is finally looking like it should. its going to be crazy out there this weekend glad I only fish on weekdays

Attachments

#41 Ā·
Little Big Boat scored 2-2 on Friday the 13th near Ross Island, one nate, one in the box. First two salmon my friend ever caught, and she did a great job getting them in. We fished 7-5 using flashers and plug cut green. Both fish in the a.m. near the change of the tide. Seemed like a bite was starting as we were leaving. The ramp was a zoo in the morning. Just be polite folks, you'll get there.

Pete

#43 Ā·
Fished near the mouth of the multnomah channel went 1 for 1 today
was just about to say pull up the lines because we had to leave early when my sons pole starts jumping like he was on the bottom. But when he grabed the pole he said it a fish and we did the old fire drill fish in the boat :meme:First springer for us in about 4 years. :excited:

#48 Ā·
Re: Official 2012 Springer Report Thread

Was fishing out of Willow Grove in 8 ft of water. Had a huge water logged stump roll up my anchor line. I was able to cut the rope and lost my anchor. Was not paying attention.

Be careful out there.

Fishing report: I quit early since I lost my anchor. Fish checker had 1 fish for 6 boats at about 1pm.

#53 Ā·
You up river guys and gals have faith. From what I have seen in the lower stretch (head of the channel) there is a push of fish headed your way. Not lights out but they are starting to show in good numbers. Went 1 for 4 last two days. Friday I lost count of fish netted.

#57 Ā·
After what was nothing less than a productive last few days, today was a bomb. Everything was working in our favor. Bait was killer, tide exchanges were promising, heck everyone was even friendly. Not even a sniff. Saw one fish crackered, one boated, heard rumors of three or four other fish.

#59 Ā·
Fishing has been downright lousy this weekend. Fished the last 3 days, all around the Sellwood, and the numbers caught seem very low, especially compared to last year around this time. Fished Friday 12-3, no bites. Saturday, fished 6-11 am and went 0 for 2, with 3 caught on the West Bank, one going to a sea lion, and heard around 12 caught on the East Bank. I counted around 75 boats on the water around 11 am. Today, I just fished 6-9 am, and saw no fish caught, so I've decided to take a break and may go out this evening. Where are all the fish? :pray:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.