IFish Fishing Forum banner

237 Mt emily buck

11K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  StevenB 
#1 · (Edited)
I got an email with a picture of a monster buck. It said he scored 212 typical and 237 nontypical and that Brody turner was mounting it for him. Anybody else know the story on this buck. The guy was from Imbler I guess.

See less See more
#8 ·
I got trail cam photos of this buck from this last summer. He just disappered one day and I was not able to find him after that. I also had to concentrate my efforts on my sheep hunt.

Here's one of the pics.

I looked over his photo and my pics and it is deffinitely the same buck.

#9 ·
Unless Mt 300 or somebody knows this guy, I don't think we will be hearing the whole story any time soon. He is being pretty tight lipped so far as to how the hunt played out and any details about it. All I heard is that the guy found the buck a couple of months ago and basically stayed with it until season. If thats the case he deffinitely put his time in and was rewarded well for it. :applause::thisbig:

#11 ·
I live in the local area and from what I understand from friends of the gentleman it was a fair chase hunt and done the legal way.
I doubt anyone is going to give up the details of the area it was killed in.
Great Buck

#13 ·
A guy I work with must know him, that is who I got the email from. I just hope he passed on those genes. Cool trailcam photo. Very nice buck for sure, especially for oregon. It proves there are a few that make it through and get old. :applause:

#18 ·
I heard about this deer from a guy i go to church with in summerville, from what i heard he knew where the deer was before season and made it happen, everything legit and legal...but people out here will not talk, and you will never hear much about it. Amazing buck though

#27 · (Edited)
Not everyone's first thought ... I googled Mt. Emily.

Then if I was really a computer geek, I could have cross-referenced some other posts, searched two other forums and users statistics regarding that buck, reviewed a couple trailcam photo libraries ... and pretty much figured out within a 5 mile area where the buck was taken in just a few minutes! :D:D:D:D

Mt Emily is too far away so I probably didn't do that :wink:

Oh and one other thing ... I can't believe he didn't take the really big buck in that area?
:D:D:D:D

John

#22 ·
My first thought was kind of dissapointment. Don't get me wrong on this, I'm super happy for the guy and it sounds like he definitely put his time in, but I was still dissapointed that I won't be able to have a chance at him later. Thats hunting though and I just gonna have to find a big one for next year. I'm kinda jealous now though, that's a giant buck. Way to go for him.:applause: I'm gonna sit here a pout a little more though.

#28 ·
Man... I am like 30 minutes from the gut pile... even it is huge!! LOL

#29 ·
Hahaha.... I didnt even look at the guy... LOL I know him... his name is Jeff... will not disclose last name. Wow!! I am going to have to call him up... I been on vacation too long!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.