IFish Fishing Forum banner

Prime Rib $2.98 at Winco

13K views 39 replies 31 participants last post by  FM2 
#1 ·
Well I've been waiting 12 months now for prime rib to come back on sale and Winco has it at $2.98 lb. :meme: Hillsboro by joes had a pretty good selection today.

#34 ·
just had ours for dinner. Not bad for $2.99 but a bit gristly for my taste (of course I used to work in a steakhouse with cornfed angus beef so my standards are a bit high.)

ya never know though, we picked one that didn't look too fatty, but sometimes you just get lucky with the cow you choose.

#35 ·
The Winco roasts I got last year made much better meal than the last couple of prime rib dinners I've had from big name steak houses. Way too fatty, and I normally like a well marbled steak. I have a lot of respect for Costco's meats and the extra few bucks is probably money well spent.

#36 ·
I just took one out of the freezer that I bought last year at Winco that I vaccum sealed, about 5lbs. De-boned it, cut into steaks and will be cooking them tonight for dinner. The meat looked great, nice deep red color with some nice marbling. Roll the edges in Costco steak seasoning, flash fry on high heat in some olive oil, finish off in the oven at 350 deg. :throb:.

Acompany the steaks with some steamed red potatoes and some fresh steamed asparagus with a nice big glass of cabarnet or maybe a good dark beer :throb:.

Not a bad dinner for $2.99 a pound.........

Can't wait to get dinner started tonight...................:excited:.

#40 ·
What time is dinner Artwo, man that sounds great!

Bought two of these last year, one was cut into rib steaks and the other was cooked for Christmas dinner. I always cook a prime rib for Christmas and have been using the salt encrusted recipe for years and I'll say there is never any left overs, especially when CO comes over :laugh:

Bought two more this year, picked through them and found some nice looking pieces. Picked a fourteen pounder and cut it into steaks, got twenty steaks which I wrapped in saran wrap then vacuum packed two to a package for this summer. Last year we did not have to buy one steak and won't have to worry about that this summer :D

#37 ·
Just a little info not to hijack a post. I am not talking bad about any store meat, no comparing to anyone just sharing some info. WA-OR Black Angus growers supply 100% of it's meat to Safeway it is under the brand of Ranchers Reserve. I happen to fish with the vice president of WA OR Angus growers. It is expensive but it is good. What Safeway does not purchase goes to the highest bidder and one Major Pacific Northwest Resturant outbids everyone for their meat. I have not eaten prime rib from any store but the one mentioned above so cannot compare all I can attest to is the great taste of Ranchers Reserve. Happy Holidays to all.

#39 ·
40 lbs. of newly aquired WINCO "Standing Rib Roast" (aka Prime rib) in the fridge, one roast TRAEGERED last night. OMG delicious!

I use a temperature PROBE (with a remote monitor) that is inserted into the center of the roast before cooking, and not removed until after it has RESTED, before the carving ceremony.

If you cook the WINCO "standing rib roasts" properly, they will be TENDER, MOIST, JUICY, and FLAVORFUL.

Rub roast with Olive oil, then rub-in Traeger Beef Shake. Or add optional fresh cracked black pepper, granulated garlic, and Kosher salt, or whatever you like....and rub in as well.

. Wrap tight with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight before cooking. Let stand on counter for at least two hours, to remove chill, before cooking.

I cook to an internal temp of 120 @ low heat for an even internal temp that results in an even reddish/pink color. Let rest covered with foil for at least 15 minutes before carving.

Your results may vary...:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.