IFish Fishing Forum banner

Official Springer Report 2013

668K views 2K replies 585 participants last post by  Spin84 
#1 Ā·
Is it too early to start sending in the reports? I know there a couple Ifishers reporting some catch already. I'm getting by boat ready as I write. What was the projected return for the Willy this year? 60K? Good luck to everyone out there this year!

#5 Ā·
Thats awesome there is so much interest in early springer fishing. I notice about the time the good Winters show up, the rivers are devoid of people. Cant argue with folks wantin to kill Salmon, but I still think you guys are crazy for givin up on Winters so soon!

#9 Ā·
I'm ready, Bring em' on!!

I am putting dibs on a seat in XXX's boat for February :excited:
No agenda here... :whistle:

I will see you sorry suckers on the water starting in April or May when the fish get here. Please make sure to use all your bait and burn yourselves out before I get there so I can have all the water to myself. :twocents:

#18 Ā·
Too early for me to start but I've been getting the boat ready for the last three weeks. Just need to get the new fish finders put in and I'm ready! I usually put a few on my tag in February.

#19 Ā·
I would think at this point they are late fall fish or "winters" at best.

GO GIT 'EM GUYS!!!! There were a few boat on the road today!!!!!

Seriously, what month of the year would the Columbia / Willamette system have the LEAST Salmon?

:flowered:

#31 Ā·
Geesh! Talking about Springer fishing the first week in January is comical to say the least. A good friend of mine lives at Prescott Beach and fishes almost every day. The day he tells me someone got a Springer, and coastal river steelhead conditions suck, I will give it a try. My earliest ever was back in the 70's trolling a herring in muddy water off Brownlows Beach near Saint Helens. Got it on January 23rd, 1970. First Springer last year was March 3, 2012 on the CR near the PDX airport. A nice 22 lbr. Bernie (Catch and Eat) took the pic for me.

#38 Ā·
Geesh! Talking about Springer fishing the first week in January is comical to say the least. A good friend of mine lives at Prescott Beach and fishes almost every day. The day he tells me someone got a Springer, and coastal river steelhead conditions suck, I will give it a try. My earliest ever was back in the 70's trolling a herring in muddy water off Brownlows Beach near Saint Helens. Got it on January 23rd, 1970. First Springer last year was March 3, 2012 on the CR near the PDX airport. A nice 22 lbr. Bernie (Catch and Eat) took the pic for me.
HAHAHA I got my first on march 3 as well below the I-5 right about the same spot
LOL

#34 Ā·
Three on, two caught Feb 13 2012
Picture provided by self.

#35 Ā·
Here's proof of my January springer last year, caught plunking on the beach. Didn't get another one till march but several steelhead in-between.

(OK, so it was a native that splashed away before I got the picture taken so you'll have to trust me :), and it was most likely a winter run not springer but don't get picky now!)

#36 Ā·
Ooops, I stand corrected annadramous. That was one heck of a report from you last year, I was planning on not hitting it hard until March, then you had to post landing TWO! Do you not realize how many cold, biteless days you inspired? Oh the cruelty.

#37 Ā·
Lost the first one on Feb. 5th.
Hovering whole green label.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.