IFish Fishing Forum banner

Prayers-

4K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  fishin"G"man 
#1 ·
My dog Kilchis is paralyzed and very ill. They think it is either a tumor (cancer) or a disc problem.

He needs prayer, yes, but I think more than that, I will need it.

I know it's weird to ask for a prayer for a dog, but last night my friend Tammy and I laid hands on him and prayed. It is what it is.

But-- I am so afraid for me. He is my best buddy, and the best friend I've ever had. He is with me at all times. (Yes, even in the girls room!)

He's my best fishing buddy and the friend that I have fished with longer than anyone. Longer, and more often! (Daily!)

He is compassionate, he understands every word I say, and I'm just afraid of my broken heart.

I just feel lost. Surgery would be expensive, and he is 10 years old. I kind of think that it's time to let him go, but Bill insists on surgery. I'm the owner, though, so I have to make the decision.

They will do tests tomorrow to find out if it's cancer or a disc problem.

I just pray that it's something similar and can resolve easily.

But, most of all, I need to prepare my heart for the time that he does go.

He's just a very special friend to me. I've had dogs before, and I can't say any one of them is more special than the other, but for some reason, I'm just so afraid of this one going.

So afraid, and so very sad. I can't quit crying, and he's still here.

Will I be alright? I am honestly scared!

Jen

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. I sure appreciate it. I know that people have real concerns here, and this is kinda silly... but I do love my Kilchi-my cute so.

I can't get him off his bed, this morning. It sure is time to make a decision.

J

#7 ·
I read this late last night and woke up this morning with you and Kilchis floating to the top of my prayer list. It is hard seeing them get old and I understand your emotions all too well since I had to say goodbye to my friend of 13 years 2 weeks ago today. We almost lost our other lab 2 months ago but LP surgery has made her a new dog so keep the faith.

HE
will show you how to proceed -- keep the faith.

My wife suggested (after having a good cry for you and Kilchis) you visit the following web site that helped us understand this whole dog/people relationship thing....

http://www.pet-loss.net/index.shtml

#9 ·
:palm:My dear Jennie,it is OK to pray for your pet, he is not a dog he is your flesh and blood. Marilou and I will pray for God,s will. Four years back i lost my yorkie buddy, the loss put me in the hospital for several days. Yes ,you will feel bad ,and you need God,s help, we will pray for you, we are so sorry,you must try to stay strong for the family, remember ,you have all of us praying for you, and loveing you,,and now, God Bless you and your loved ones, we love you----Dale & Marilou Gocken, Centralia,Wa

#10 ·
Not good. Kilchis has an invasive, aggressive spinal tumor that is malignant. IT goes right along and inside the spinal column.

I have to put the handsome gentleman down.

#12 ·
I am so sorry Jennie - from all your writings I would say that you loved Kilchis unconditionally and he in return -- we should all be thankful of the lessons that you and he have helped to teach us.

Praying blessings on your family ... All good things come from the Lord and to Him they shall return.

Job 12:7-10 - "But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind."

#14 ·
You are in my prayers. Our 10 year old lab had something very similar a few months ago. It was a most difficult decision to end his suffering. I still have a hole in my heart. But I know I did the right thing. Remember the good times they will be with you always.

RV

#15 ·
its never a good ordeal to put down a bud..but you know its the best thing to do..he helped you through some tough times i think .it gets better so next week gather up some pics and get a piece of those pies you make a cup of jo some kleenexes lol its all about the memories now.and most are probly good ,,funny,,ya dont have to remove all the doggie stuff around the place ,it kinda helps, untill that new puppie comes...

#17 ·
I too have been down this road.Much love and prayers to you and yours.I pray for dogs.They are our 4 legged children.Relie once again on the Lords strenth and ask for guidence.

Jen,your heart will ache.It is the price for love.:flowered:

#18 ·
Thank you so much, everyone. You have helped me on my way through this difficult time. Kilchis is gone, as of this morning at 9:47.

This one I couldn't be there for. I just couldn't. They gave him a tranquilizer before hand, and when he fell asleep, I left for the end.

I held Revvie and just cried my eyes out. Still am, in fact...

Jen

#23 ·
Sorry for your loss Jenny, and praying for you. The pain of putting my best friend down a few years ago was incredible, and I understand where you are. Shed tears of sorrow, but also tears of joy for the great times you had together, the loyalty and faithfulness we we never see in another human... You will get through this.. :pray::pray:

#24 ·
RIP Kilchis!!!

So sorry for your loss Jennie. After my lab passed 7 years ago, our vet gave us a stone that says "Gone, but never forgotten." So very true. You will never forget your friend and some day he'll be there when you join him.

#26 ·
Dear sweet Jennie,

Know that the reason it hurts so bad is because you loved Kilchis so deeply. There are those who get it and those who never will. I feel sorry for those who don't and never will understand that for some of us do get, they are not just pets... just an "animal". I feel your pain... we just had to say goodbye to one of ours after 13 years. And that "animal" was every bit as much a part of our family as my own son is. And after only 3 weeks I can tell you, it does get easier. Does that mean you miss them any less? No. Does that means the hole in your life is any smaller? No. It simply means you begin to learn how to live with God's plan. And I know this my dear, God loves us. And we will see our cherished family members again in that glorious place. I KNOW IT.

You are in our prayers Jen, for a peaceful heart and wonderful memories in place of the pain of loss.

Rob

#27 ·
Dear Jennie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are a caring, compassionate and loving person, as any responsible pet owner should be. You must have the heart of an angel. I now that Kilchis was extremely lucky to have an owner as loving and as caring as you were. My labs have been "my girls" to me as I do not have any children of my own. Some people understand that pets have feelings and can give and receive love. You are definitely one who understands this. God bless Kilchis and God bless Jennie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.