IFish Fishing Forum banner

Favorite Powerbait colors?

44K views 56 replies 32 participants last post by  brewsterpq21 
#1 ·
Hello Ifishers. I was wondering what are your favorite Berkley Powerbait colors for trout? My favorites is orange on sunny days and green on cloudy days.

#37 ·
forget the dough bait and use the PB eggs... stay on the hook better, can`t get pecked off as easy. my favorites: sunrise(yellow with a bit of red) and don`t have the jar to see name (need to get more :) ) but they are two tone green. also they have a pink/white egg that are really good too.

#46 ·
Anyone here ever try 2x Powerbait (2x the size and 2x the glitter)? I have some jars in orange color. Will more glitter produce more bites?

#47 ·
I just got back from Walmart. I bought me a jar of nymph grape natural Powerbait and a jar of sunrise color Power Eggs. Now I'm going to watch my In-Fisherman dvd.

#48 ·
I like green with glitter because green is the spectrum of light that fish see best. I like to use the pb with glitter during the day and natural colors during low light. I have caught the most fish on green but I contribute that to my confidence in the color.
I think that bait color has a very small effect on catch rates.:twocents:

#54 ·
I went to Walmart again. I got me a jar of natural corn and a jar of lime twist PB. I really need to get out and do some trout fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.